Arsenal profits reach record high

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal profits hit a record high boosted by flat sales from the development of their former ground.

More...

Woo!

This won't go into a set budget for Wenger though, it never does. If he wants money, all he has to do is ask, and Gazidis gives it to him, but fortunately for the club, Wenger likes to invest in assets like Ramsey, Wilshere etc. preferring to spend money on helping the younger players and bringing in coaches/facilities than to buy players who are already world class.

:wub: Ivan Gazidis.

EDIT:

Gazidis Interview

Last edited:
soon we will be richer than Madrid (H), as long as the next manager follows Wenger's philosophy.

And once again Arsene has the last laugh

/bow

#Great work by all at arsenal, long term planning at its best. Now all you have to do it sign a goalkeeper that is not retarded and we will have success on the field

soon we will be richer than Madrid (H), as long as the next manager follows Wenger's philosophy.
Madrid aren't actually that rich, it's all loans and debt which they use to buy the players. Florentino Perez isn't a sugar daddy, you know. Anyway, great philosophy by Wenger, saves money and helps the team gel. If they keep this up, they will win a trophy very soon.

Do they own the land that the flats are being built on? In't it owned by the Camden council?

The flats were built where Highbury was so I'd assume it is owned by Arsenal.

Pre-tax profits mean nothing to be honest, I assume Arsenal will be taxed 50% of that so they will only ending up with a rather large sum. However this is a lot more than any other club in the league and maybe even in the world will be making so I think Arsenal's business model should try and be implemented by other clubs. Whether this is do able due to other clubs not having a similar fan base is debatable though.

of corse this is excellent news and deserves huge praise, but if he would just spend a couple of million on a few expirenced players then they might get revenue from winning trophies also.

Tax is nowhere near 50%, you're looking closer to a standard corporation tax rate, plus they can offset donations from wealthy fans. I imagine he's looking to pay off the Emirates first before looking into new investment over the next year or two. Almunia isn't a terrible keeper, to be fair we didn't exactly do badly in the Champions League last season and had a good premiership before slowing down at the end.

Who cares about this, yeah sure they safe, but there winning nothing, need new players, and they arent being bought.

Who cares about this, yeah sure they safe, but there winning nothing, need new players, and they arent being bought.

You just looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove trolling don't you?

Arsenal fans care about this. Just because United have been done over doesn't mean you can be a ****.

We are financially safe, we need a new keeper, and perhaps another striker otherwise we have world class players and quality youngsters coming through.

If you mean "aren't being bought" as in Arsenal Football club aren't being bought, then that's a) a good thing, considering how well United and Liverpool's finances are going and
b) doesn't matter if we're not being bought by some American or Ukranian tycoon, it's still important for us to record good financial results and keep on top of things.

if you mean players "aren't being bought" then refer to my other point, we don't need to buy an unknown portuguese striker for £7.5 million, we have signed players, three players to be precise, for a combined fee of around £12 million which is pretty ****** good business especially considering Chamakh was completely free.

If you don't care, why are you on this thread? Other than to troll and generally be a ****.

Arsenal are the envy of every other of the 19 teams that are in the Premier League.

Great achievement though, this is how a club is supposed to be run.

You just looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove trolling don't you?

Arsenal fans care about this. Just because United have been done over doesn't mean you can be a ****.

We are financially safe, we need a new keeper, and perhaps another striker otherwise we have world class players and quality youngsters coming through.

If you mean "aren't being bought" as in Arsenal Football club aren't being bought, then that's a) a good thing, considering how well United and Liverpool's finances are going and
b) doesn't matter if we're not being bought by some American or Ukranian tycoon, it's still important for us to record good financial results and keep on top of things.

if you mean players "aren't being bought" then refer to my other point, we don't need to buy an unknown portuguese striker for £7.5 million, we have signed players, three players to be precise, for a combined fee of around £12 million which is pretty ****** good business especially considering Chamakh was completely free.

If you don't care, why are you on this thread? Other than to troll and generally be a ****.

probley THE best thing i`ve read on here ever!(H)

I really respect Arsenal as a football club and I hope they win something soon.

1. The way that the club is run should be a model to the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and, primarily, Manchester City. It is no surprise that they have made record profits the way that the club is run. Despite the fact we are in a recession, or not however you look at it, they can still make a record amount of money.

2. Wenger's transfer and youth policy is one which I admire. His signings may have come under fire but the likes of RVP, Fabregas and Chamakh are ideal examples of what spending small amounts of money can do. Bringing up youth such as Wilshere and Song has been a big success and proof that this system works.

So, I really like Arsenal as a football team and I hope, when Wenger retires, the club carries on as he has made it.

Back