Arsenal Team Guide

Reaction score
Arsenal- Team Guide/Discussion

View attachment 710497

So, Wenger's legacy is over and now it's up to you to lead Arsenal to where they deserve to be, the top of the European Football! After last year's FA Cup triumph, fans are hungry for more success, and no longer is qualifying for the European Football enough. Many have wrote off last year's cup triumph as insignificant & its your task to bring back the glory days and make Arsenal the force they once were!

Estimated Value - £780m (Loan Debt: £362m)
Training Facilities - Excellent
Youth Development Facilities - Excellent
13/14 Finish - 4th
Media Prediction - 4th
Transfer Budget - 47m

Before you begin!

Recommended Managerial Style
Tactical - Being manager of a club like Arsenal, your tactical abilities and managerial skills are more important than the hands-on coaching abilities which will be left to your coaching staff. Arsenal are a club with great coaches and this side of management is best left to them. Managing a club like Arsenal, you want to look the part, suited & booted!

Coaches
Overall, Arsenal's coaching & youth setup is fantastic, however it is advised that you bring in an attacking coach and you will get complains from your players that coaching in that area is lacking & the coaches workload is too heavy. I would recumbent David Platt, he has 17 Attacking coaching, is an established coach, and can be hired for just £2.2K per week, so definitely worth having a look! Apart from that, the coaching is fantastic.

Squad Training
I'd advise you to set training to Fitness - Average until you feel confident in your players fitness, and then change to it to Team Cohesion - Very High at the start of August, i'd then just leave the training throughout the season as Balanced - Average, unless you have a tough game/must win game on the horizon then you can adjust accordingly.

Behind The Scenes
Andries Jonker is currently set to decide which youth players contract to renew and to handle incoming contracts and contracts renewals with young players. I would advice changing this to doing it yourself, as often the Head of Youth Development will let promising players go and offer contracts too high or too low, and you want to be able to have full control over all of this.
I'd also highly recommend scheduling your staff meeting for once a fortnight, as many times they have alerted me of players needing rests and prevented me from causing injury to key players.

Squad Analysis - Goalkeepers
Luckily you have 2 great goalkeepers at your expense, Wojciech Szczesny & David Ospina. The former is most likely your first choice, he has fantastic potential and for his age is fantastically well rounded. Szczesny should be your no.1 for years to come. You also have Damian Martinez in the U21's, he has decent potential, but his contract expires in 2015, so if you decide to let it expire, you may want to be in the market for a young cheap keeper who could potentially rival Szczesny. No problems here!

View attachment 326971

Defence - Centre Backs
You are also blessed with a solid defence. Your 2 main centre backs, Per Mertesacker & Laurent Koscielny are both very good centre backs, and in a Cover/Stopper system work very well. Your third choice centre back is Calum Chambers, who is blessed with fantastic potential and if afforded to game time will become world class. It is also worth noting that Chambers can play at either Right-Back or Defensive Midfield too, so this is something to consider hen deciding ho you want to mould him. I would adice giving him game time at centre back as this seems to be where he will become the best.You may want to sign a back-up centre back, but I'd advise not signing a player who would be expensive an potentially steal game time from Chambers. It is worth promoting Pleguezelo from the U21's for the pre-season, despite only being 2 1/2 star potential, he's useful to rotate to avoid injuries to your main centre backs in pre-season.
View attachment 326965 < Callum Chambers' stats.

Defence - Full Backs
Arsenal are also solid in the full back positions, with Kieron Gibbs & Nacho Monreal at left back. Gibbs is a much more attack minded full-back, whilst Monreal is more defensive, thus they make an excellent partnership.

View attachment 326962

At right back however you only really have Mathieu Debuchy, who is solid enough, unless you decide to play Calum Chambers as back up (where he is also great). I would advise promoting Hector Bellerin from the U21's, he is much more attack minded than Mathieu Debuchy, and similar to the Gibbs/Monreal dynimic they are both the antithesis of each other. Bellerin also had 3 1/2 star potential in my save, so if given the game tim could flourish. However if you do not feel confident in Bellerin, maybe take a look at Matteo Darmian.

Defensive Midfield
Options in this area of the pitch are scarce for Arsenal with Flaminibeing the only one capable of fulfilling the role, and he isn't great at it either. I would avoid playing with a DM, unless you feel the need to sign one to give you that defensive stability. Flamini can be sold for around 5m, which will give you a nice profit and leave room for someone like Zelalem to step up.

Centre Midfield
Here is your biggest pool of options, and I'd recommend suiting your formation to make the most out of the great options Arsenal have.
View attachment 326959
In the centre of midfield you must make the use out of Aaron Ramsey & Jack Wilshere. They are both fantastic players, with Ramsey more adequate in Attack & Defence, with Wilshere outdoing him in neither, in stead possessing fantastic vision and creativity. I'd recommend a Box-to-Box/Roaming playmaker combination to get thebest out of them. Arteta is not so good, but can be utilised in the DLP role too slow the pace of the game down and add a bit more defensive solidarity than Wilshere's tendency to roam. Zelalem is also a great youth option, often has upward of 3 star potential and can be great in either DLP, Roaming Playmaker, or Box-to-box.
View attachment 326956

In attacking midfield the crux of your attack is Mesut Ozil. He is you best player, and I'd recommend playing him in either Attacking Playmaker/Support role or as Trequaritisa. The latter being useful as despite the role meaning the player will neglect defensive duties, Ozil does not offer anything defensively anyway so use him as a purely attacking outlet. Santi Cazorla is also brilliant in this position however I would advise utilising him on the left of midfield as I feel he is suited better there. Tomas Rosicky is an option, although picks up many injuries due to his age, and Wilshere can also be deployed here, although is is not as good in this position as either of the one's just mentioned. Serge Gnabry is one for the future and can have 4 1/2 star potential, so it is important to keep him happy and ease him into the team as he starts off injured.

View attachment 326955

On the right flank Alexis Sanchez is brilliant, and if played in an attacking/winger role can be great for you. Theo Walcott is also a contender for the starting position, so when both are pit i would advise rotating, or maybe moving one to th left flank to take Cazorla's place if you find yourself in a game which need's a bit more pace. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain can also play anywhere in midfield, and has top potential, so I would highly recommend utilizing him across the whole of midfield to give him game time.
Whilst I'd advise Santi Cazorla as the best option on the left, Lukas Podolski is also adequate in this position, however I would urge you to consider selling him as his work rate is not great and he is on 100K per week. Joel Campbell is another who should be considered, he is not great apart form his speed and is on around 25k per week with a 50% yearly salary rise. There are much better option ahead of him and you can net around 13m for him if you're lucky , so I'd advise you to ship him on if possible.

Strikers
Upfront you have Olivier Giroud & Danny Welbeck. Both offer something different, and Welbeck can play on the left flank, so its really personal preference. I prefer Giroud, he has never let me down!
View attachment 326950

Recommended line-up

View attachment 326947

Second Team
View attachment 326946

Possible Transfers
With your 47m budget there is definitely room for some big transfer, and if you decide to ship off the like's of Podolski & Campbell, you can net unto 20m extra.

Matteo Darmian
- As previously mentioned, he can play all along the back line, has 3 1/2 star potential, and can be available for 7m on about 55K per week wages. Expensive for a back-up but you might just need some more defensive cover.

Geoffrey Kondogbia - A physical, strong Ball Winning Midfielder, he can also play as a DLP, and is often loan-listed. If you decide to sell Flamini then I would advise taking a look at him.

John Stones - Available forabout 17m, he has potential to form an unbreakable partnership with Chambers, so if plan at playing Chambers at right back, then Stones can be your Centre back cover. Only downside is his price.

Victor Wanyama - Also available for around 20m, if you insist on playing with a DM then he is perfect for the job, however he is lacking technically and may not offer much apart from destroying everything, so could be seen as expensive for a relatively one-dimensional player.

Thanks for reading! This is my first guide so constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated!

U21 & U18 Prospects
Serge Gnabry being the best prospect you have in your academy, the U21's also has Ainsley Maitland-Niles who could possibly be a useful squad player one day. In the U18's Dan Crowley is a great prospect however you would be best to loan him out for a few seasons whilst he develops, also Chatzitheodoridis could be developed to be a great centre back assuming he is trained and developed properly.

If anyone would like me to post the tactic's I use feel free to ask, however I may not reply instantly because of Uni commitments! Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I used this guide and won the world cup with Arsenal *****recommend

:)

EDIT : ****** he filled it in.....

Last edited:
brilliant guide definitely starting an Arsenal save tomorrow :)
keep up the good work

Whatever you do don't train very high especially at the start of the season! You ll have huge amount of injuries.

Back