ARSENAL THE BATTLE TO BEAT THE SUGAR DADDYS

Arsenal2004

Reaction score
GUNNERS NAME GT THERE NEW BOSS
Just one week after Arsene Wenger retired as Manager of Arsenal Football Club unknown Arsenal Youth Coach GT has been named as the clubs new manager on a two year contract, GT will face the world media at The Emirates Stadium tomorrow morning after a crisis week for the Gunners that first saw Wenger leave and then starman and Captain Robin Van Persie sold to Juventus in a £25 million pound deal.

THE PRESS CONFERENCE

(Q) On taking overat Arsenal after Arsene Wenger and Robin Van Persie have left in the past week?

(A) It’s been abig week for the club but a line has to be drawn under it today and thisfootball club has to move forward into the future, we can only concentrate oneverybody still working here at the club as we are the only one’s who can putthis club back where it needs to be and that is challenging for major trophies.

(Q) On reinvestingmoney from Robin Van Persie sale back into the team?

(A) We want tobring some players in this summer, Lukas Podolski and Oliver Giroud havealready come in to the squad before I arrived so we are not desperate to buyanother striker to replace Van Persie as we already have enough strikers in thesquad but we have targets to strengthen other areas of the team and we willhave to work hard to bring those targets in, it also depends on us letting someplayers leave as well.

(Q) On whetherTheo Walcott will follow Robin Van Persie in not signing a new contract andbeing sold this summer?

(A) I have had aquick chat with Theo and we are confident we can sort his future out soon, wehave a deal on the table for him, we want the player to stay and we areconfident Theo is still committed to this club.

(Q) On targets forupcoming season?

(A) We have a bigsummer coming up to get the squad ready to challenge and do well and that’s thetarget right now, we will see how the squad looks at the start of the seasonand then we will have a better idea of where we are in regards to the other bigteams.

(Q) Who will bethe new Arsenal Captain?

(A) I have notdecided yet who will take on that role but we have a few fantastic candidates,once the players are back for pre season we will make that choice.

June 29th​ 2012

ARSENAL DOUBLE DEAL BOOST
Arsenal Football Club can today confirm that TheoWalcott and Alex Song have both signed new five year contract extensions withthe club, both players futures had been in doubt with only one year left onthere old deals but both players have decided to commit to the new long termvision of new Manager GT.he told Arsenal.Com of his delight at getting two key players futuresresolved before pre season training begins, he said, “we are delighted to getTheo and Alex secured because now both players can forget about all thespeculation and get on with preparing for the season, it was vital we retainedtwo of our best players and I think it shows our ambition to do well in thefuture”. July 1st​ 2012
GUNNERS LAND SCHWARZER
Arsenal have todaysigned veteran Australian goal keeper Mark Schwarzer from Fulham in a dealworth £1 million pounds, the 38 year old has signed a two year deal and willprovide competition for current Arsenal number 1 Wojciech Szczesny, GunnersBoss GT told the clubswebsite, “We are delighted to bring a goal keeper of Mark’s experience andability into the club, I still feel Mark has a lot to offer at Premier Leaguelevel and will also be a great example and mentor to the other young goalkeepers at the club”, Schwarzer commented on the move saying, “When a club likeArsenal comes calling when you are 38 years old you can’t turn down thatchance, it’s a big opportunity for me to try and earn my place in the team andplay Champions League football for the first time in my career”.
It’s believed thesigning of Schwarzer will spell the end for Lukasz Fabianski at Arsenal.

July 2nd​ 2012

ARSENAL SEAL SHOCK HUGHESDEAL
Arsenal have todaysealed there second signing from London rivals Fulham in the space of two dayswith a shock move for defender Aaron Hughes, the 31 year old Northern Irishinternational joins for a fee in the region of 2.5 million pounds and haspenned a two year deal.
Gunners boss GT told Arsenal.Com, “Aaron is anexperienced defender with great Premier League experience and can play atcentre back and full back, he ticked all the boxes we were looking for to addto our defensive options so we are delighted we have got the deal done early”.
Hughes said, “It’sthe biggest day of my career to join a huge club like Arsenal, I feel I am inthe peak of my career right now and I want to make the most of playing at thehighest level over the next couple of seasons”.

GUNNERS LINKED WITHRODWELL
Sky Sports Newsunderstands that Arsenal are interested in bringing Everton midfielder JackRodwell to The Emirates Stadium this summer, sources close to the club believeArsenal have made an initial enquiry to Everton for the 20 year old Englandstar but that Everton are not keen on losing Rodwell this summer.

ARSENAL SIGN BUTLAND
Arsenal have todaysigned young Birmingham and England keeper Jack Butland for £3 million poundson a long term contract, Butland who went to Euro 2012 as England’s numberthree goalkeeper is believed to be a signing for the future by Gunners boss GT and will only provide cover to WojciechSzczesny and Mark Schwarzer this season. GT told Arsenal.Com, “Jack is areal talent and we believe will be an England number one of the future, wewanted to get him in this summer so we can start to work and develop him in theways of this club and Jack will be part of the first team squad this season.

July 3rd​ 2012

ARSENAL SELL THREE PLAYERSIN MASS CLEAR OUT
Arsenal manager GT has today sanctioned a major clear outof his squad by confirming that Andre Arshavin, Marouane Chamakh and SebastianSquillaci have left the club.
Arshavin hasjoined cash rich French club PSG in a deal worth £7.5 Million pounds, MarouaneChamakh has joined Benfica in an £8 million pound deal and Sebastian Squillacihas joined Turkish side Galatasaray on loan until the end of the season.

COQUELIN INJURY BLOW
Young Arsenalmidfielder Francis Coquelin limped out of the first day of pre season trainingwith a hernia injury today and is set to miss four to five weeks of action.

July 4th​ 2012

FRIMPONG JOINS LEEDS UNITED
Emmanuel Frimponghas joined Championship side Leeds United on loan until the end of the season,the 19 year old that broke into the Arsenal first team squad last year ishighly rated at The Emirates Stadium but it has been decided that a season awayplaying first team football would more benefit his development then remaining abit part member of the Gunners squad.

VELA EXITS GUNNERS FORNORTH EAST
Arsenal’sforgotten man Carlos Vela has finally sealed a permanent move away from TheEmirates Stadium by joining Sunderland in a £4.8 million pound deal, theMexican striker has failed to live up to his early promise at Arsenal but didenjoy a good loan spell at Spanish side Real Sociedad last season.

July 5th​ 2012
GUNNERS SIGN FRENCHWONDERKID IN BIG MONEY DEAL
Arsenal have todaysecured the signing of 16 year old French defender Kurt Zouma in an £8 millionpound deal from Saint Etienne, Zouma is one of the most highly rated youngprospects in France and Gunners boss GThas decided to pay big money to secure the players services despite his age andlack of experience, Zouma has signed a long term deal and GT toldArsenal.Com, “Kurt is a young player with amazing potential, already I believehe has the ability to play in the Premier League because he is way beyond hisyears, we pushed hard to get the deal done because we wanted the player young,this is of course a signing for the future but you could see Zouma break intothe first team squad this season because he has great ability”.

RODWELL BID REJECTED
Sky Sportsunderstands that Everton have turned down an Arsenal bid for England midfielderJack Rodwell in the region of £24 million pounds, it is understood that Gunnersboss GT is desperate toland Rodwell this summer and is willing to use the money from Robin VanPersie’s sale to secure the deal for the 20 year old.

July 6th​ 2012

DJOUROU JOINS BAYERN
Arsenal defenderJohan Djourou has joined German side Bayern Munich on loan until the end of theseason, the Swiss international struggled with form and getting into theArsenal team last season and Gunners boss GTtold Arsenal.Com that Djourou still has a future at the Gunners, he said, “wefeel that Johan had a difficult time last season and this year he really needsto play football and develop more as a player, this move to Bayern is a greatchance for him to get back to his best playing at a very high level and Johanis still somebody we see with a long term future at Arsenal should he get backto his best”.

July 8th​ 2012

GUNNERS LANDAFELLAY STEAL
Arsenal have todaycompleted the bargain signing for Barcelona and Holland midfielder IbrahimAfellay in a £1.7 million pound deal, the 25 year old midfielder failed to makean impact in his two seasons at the Nou Camp and Arsenal have taken advantageof Barcelona’s need to get Afellay out of the club, the Dutchman has signed along term deal and Gunners boss GTtold Arsenal.Com he has got a bargain, he said, “Ibrahim is a quality player,things did not work out for him at Barcelona but when we realized they werewilling to let the player go it was a no brainer for us not to pounce on a topquality player at a bargain price, Ibrahim is technically gifted, has greatvision, can play all across the midfield and is perfectly suited to the Arsenalstyle of play”.

July 9th​ 2012

GUNNERS LAND RODWELL IN RECORD DEAL
Arsenal havetonight smashed there transfer record by signing Everton and England midfielderJack Rodwell in a £28 million pound deal, the 20 year old has finally signed along term deal at The Emirates Stadium after two weeks of protractednegotiations between the Gunners and Everton.
Rodwell who brokeinto the Englandset up last season has told Arsenal.Com, “To join Arsenal is a dream, they haveshown great faith in me paying so much money to bring me from Everton and I amflattered by how hard the manager pushed to bring me to the club”.
Gunners boss GT also commented on the record deal saying,“We have worked very hard to get this deal done, Jack is one of the bestprospects in England and of course Everton did not want to lose the player thissummer but we are delighted we found a deal that worked, Jack is an all roundmidfielder, he has a great engine, great technical ability and an eye for goalas well, I believe he is already ready to make a big impact at the club”.
The signing ofRodwell means that Arsenal fans can look forward to an all English midfield ofRodwell and Jack Wilshere once Wilshere returns from long term injury.
GUNNERS POSITIVE ONWILSHERE RETURN
Arsenal boss GT is confident Jack Wilshere willsuccessfully return from a year out with an ankle injury but does not expectthe England midfielder to be available for the first team until early October, GT told Arsenal.Com, “Jack is in the final stage of recovery, we hope he canget back training by September and because he is so young we then believe hecould be playing again by as early as October, we will not rush him after oneyear out injured but signs are positive we can get him back fit in the next fewmonths which will be a big boost to him and us.”

ARSENAL ANNOUNCE SQUAD TOTRAVEL TO AMERICA
Arsenal haveannounced a 21 man squad that will travel to America to take on the ColoradoRapids in the Gunners first match of pre season, new signings Mark Schwarzer,Aaron Hughes, Kurt Zouma, Jack Butland and Olivier Giroud are all included aswell as Nicklas Bendtner who has returned to the club after spending last seasonon loan at Sunderland.
Players who playeda big part in Euro 2012 like Wojciech Szczesny, Per Mertesacker, Theo Walcott,Laurent Koscielny and new signings Lukas Podolski and Ibrahim Afellay have allbeen rested as well as new record signing Jack Rodwell who will not go on thetrip.

Mark Schwarzer
Jack Butland
Carl Jenkinson
Andre Santos
Kieran Gibbs
Aaron Hughes
Thomas Vermaelen
Kurt Zouma
Iqnasi Miguel
Gervinho
Aaron Ramsey
Alex Song
Abou Diaby
Mikel Arteta
Ryo Miyachi
Kyle Bartley
Park Chu-Young
AlexOxlade-Chamberlain
Nicklas Bendtner
Olivier Giroud
Tomas Rosicky

BENDTNER HAS CHANCE TO EARN GUNNERS FUTURE
Arsenal boss GT has stated that it is not certain Nicklas Bendtner willleave Arsenal this summer, the Danish strikers days at Arsenal looked numberedafter he was loaned out to Sunderland last season and reports all summer havelinked Bendtner with a permanent move away from the club, but Bendtner has beenincluded in the Gunners squad for there pre season tour of America and GT toldArsenal.Com that Bendtner’s departure is far from certain, he said, “Nicklas isgoing with us to America and at the moment he is part of my first team plans,of course I understand the players desire to play football but at the moment wehave four out and out strikers in the squad and Nicklas is one of them, thistrip to America is a good chance for him to stake his claim to be part of theteam and at the moment it is far from certain he will leave the club thissummer.”

Sort out the spelling mistakes, lighten up the posts with screenshots, and you've got far too many updates for one month.

just trying to get pre season up so i can start season updates, spelling is fine on word just goes jumbled when i paste it into here but will look out for it, gonna go long term with this story, its defo gonna be worth a watch, thanks for your comments though will take on board

looks a good start, just keep an eye on the spacebar!

looks like a strong foundation for a great story, looking forward to reading more....

July 10th​ 2012

GUNNERS COULD SELL DUO
Arsenal Manager GT has admitted that Tomas Rosicky andLukasz Fabianski could leave Arsenal before the end of the transfer window,both players have gone down the pecking order following Arsenal’s seven newsignings this summer and Arsenal are willing to listen to offers for bothplayers, speaking on the clubs pre season training camp in America the managersaid, “Lukasz wants to be a number one goalkeeper and that is not going tohappen at Arsenal for him so if we can help him move on we will, we havebrought in two keepers this summer so I think Lukasz leaving the club issomething that will happen soon, the Tomas Rosicky situation is a littledifferent, we want Tomas to stay but we have had a chat with him and heunderstand that with two new midfielders coming in that he will have a toughfight for his place, he is over 30 years old, in the last year of his contractso the ball is in Tomas’s court to decide if he wants to stay and fight or moveon to play more first team football, we have brought Tomas with us to Americabecause he is a great player and we still want him in the club but thatsituation could change depending on what options Tomas is provided with fromoutside clubs.

VERMAELEN NAMED NEW GUNNERS CAPTAIN
Thomas Vermaelenhas today been confirmed as the new Captain of Arsenal Football Club replacingRobin Van Persie who left the club for Juventus this summer.
Vermaelen joinedArsenal in 2009 and has since made himself a crowd favorite at The EmiratesStadium, now the Belgiuminternational joins famous names such as Tony Adams, Patrick Vieira and ThierryHenry as Arsenal skipper.
Vermaelen toldArsenal.Com of his delight saying, “It’s a big honor to be made captain of sucha historic and big club, I am ready to be a great leader for my time and it ismy wish to lift many trophies as Arsenal captain”.
Gunners boss GT said, “Thomas has always been afantastic leader on the pitch since he arrived at the club so I think its justnatural development that he is now the captain, he is one of the best defendersin Europe and we are now hoping he can relish this role, stay fit and lead theteam to glory next season”
Alex Song has beengiven the Vice Captaincy.

ARSENAL TURN DOWN MADRID SAGNA BID
Sky Sports Newscan confirm that Arsenal have turned down a bid in the region of £16 millionpounds for French International full back Bacary Sagna from Spanish giants RealMadrid, an Arsenal insider has also denied that the Real Madrid bid is thereason Sagna has not traveled to America with the squad for pre season trainingsaying that Sagna has stayed behind in London to work on his fitness aftersuffering a leg break at the end of last season.

July 12th​ 2012

(Pre Season Friendly)

COLORADORAPIDS (1) VS (0) ARSENAL
Casey (20)

STARTING LINEUP

GK Mark Schwarzer
RB Carl Jenkinson
CB Aaron Hughes
CB ThomasVermaelen (Captain)
LB Kieran Gibbs
DM Kyle Bartley
CM Aaron Ramsey
CM Tomas Rosicky
AF AlexOxlade-Chamberlain
AF Ryo Miyachi
FW Oliver Giroud

SUBS USED
Jack Butland
Ignasi Miguel
Kurt Zouma
Alex Song
Andre Santos
Abou Diaby
Park Chu Young
Nicklas Bendtner
Mikel Arteta
Gervinho

GUNNERS LOSING START TO PRE SEASON
Arsenal beganthere pre season in America tonight with a 1-0 loss to the Colorado Rapids,Connor Casey’s goal on twenty minutes beating Mark Schwarzer at the near postwas enough to beat an Arsenal team who played two different experimental lineups in each half.
The match saw MarkSchwarzer, Jack Butland, Aaron Hughes, Kurt Zouma and Oliver Giroud make theredebuts for the Gunners.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW
ON DEFEAT
It’s not a bigworry because it’s the first game of pre season and the players have beenworking very hard in training, in the first half we were a bit disappointedbecause we looked flat and gave Colorado a lot of the ball, we never createdchances in the final third but in the second half we produced a much betterperformance, we still lacked the necessary sharpness to get the goal butoverall we have had a good work out tonight and have to remember we wereplaying a team mid season who are already fully fit.

ON VERMAELEN SETTLING INTO CAPTAINCY
Thomas has takenthe role as I expected and he is relishing the opportunity, im sure it was anice moment for him tonight to lead the team out.

ON ANYMORE SIGNINGS COMING IN
We have done ourbusiness early and already have brought in seven players this summer, at themoment the squad is big and unless we do some business with a player going outI don’t think we will bring anybody else in right now, im really happy with thesquad, we also have some good youngsters coming through so we are not in a hugehurry to add anymore players to an already massive squad.

July 14th​ 2012

(Pre Season)

(Emirates Stadium)

ARSENAL (1) VS (0) HAMBURG
Gervinho (61)
STARTING LINEUP

GK Wojciech Szczesny
RB Aaron Hughes
CB LaurentKoscielny
CB Per Mertesacker
LB Ignasi Miguel
DM Alex Song(Captain)
CM Mikel Arteta
CM Ibrahim Afellay
AM AlexOxlade-Chamberlain
AM Lukas Podolski
FW Oliver Giroud

SUBS USED
Carl Jenkinson
Thomas Vermaelen
Nicklas Bendtner
Kurt Zouma
Bacary Sagna
Abou Diaby
Kieran Gibbs
Jack Rodwell
Theo Walcott
Gervinho
Kyle Bartley

GERVINHO FIRES GUNNERS TOVICTORY
Arsenal beatHamburg 1-0 at The Emirates Stadium this afternoon a Gervinho goal enough to winthe game which saw Arsenal field two completely different elevens in bothhalf’s.
Arsenal’s winginggoal came in the second half when Gervinho got on the end of a Theo Walcottcross to slide the ball home, the game also saw the debuts of Lukas Podolski,Ibrahim Afellay and club record signing £28 million pound man Jack Rodwell whohit the crossbar late on.
The only downsidefor Arsenal was seeing injury prone midfielder Abou Diaby limp off in thesecond half.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW
ON A POSITIVE PERFORMANCE
It was a good gamefor us because we played against a quality opponent, we played two differentteams in both half’s and we managed to produce high level performancethroughout the game, we still lack that little sharpness at the moment in thefinal third but for the second game in pre season and the first game for a lotof players on the pitch we did very well.

ON PRESSURE ON RODWELL
We paid £28million pounds but we have to remember Jack is still a young player; he willneed time to adapt and get used tom playing at this club, he is a player whocan have an impact now but an even bigger impact in the future and we need togive him that time to develop whether he cost £28 million pound or not.

ON NICKLAS BENDTNER FUTURE
Nicklas is havinga good pre season so far, he worked very hard when he came on again today andhe is still in the plans of this club, I cannot guarantee he will stay becauseI understand Nicklas wants to play but at the moment I am impressed with hisattitude and I don’t have a desire to sell him, we want Nicklas to stay here.

ON DIABY INJURY
It’s always aworry when Abou limps off because of his history with injuries but its just aknock, we will assess it over the coming days and he may miss the trip to Denmark but itsnot a long term or serious problem.

July 16th​ 2012

FABIANSKI JOINS CITY
Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has today joined Premier League Champions Manchester City in a £2 millionpound deal, the Polish stopper never really broke into the Gunners team and wassurplus to requirements at The Emirates Stadium after the captures of MarkSchwarzer and Jack Butland this summer.

July 19th​ 2012

(Pre Season)

FC COPENHAGEN (0) VS (0)ARSENAL
STARTING LINEUPGK MarkSchwarzerRB BacarySagnaCB ThomasVermaelen (Captain)CB LaurentKoscielnyLB KieranGibbsDM AaronRamseyCM Abou DiabyCM JackRodwellAF NicklasBendtnerAF GervinhoFW LukasPodolskiSUBS USEDAndre SantosPerMertesackerAlexOxlade-ChamberlainMikel ArtetaAaron HughesTomas RosickyKurt ZoumaIbrahimAfellayTheo WalcottOliver GiroudAlex Song
GUNNERS DRAW BLANK INDENMARK
Arsenal played out a goal draw inDenmark with FC Copenhagen tonight in a match that provided not a lot to talkabout apart from the Gunners players gaining some more much needed fitness aswe head towards the new season, the biggest worry for Arsenal Manager GrantTooth was new striker Lukas Podolski limping off early in the game with a leginjury.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW
ONTHE MATCH
We came here because we know Copenhagenwould give us a tough work out and they did, we were not fantastic but weplayed two teams in each half, we have gained some more match time in our preseason preparation so I am quite happy with what we take out of the match.

ONPODOLSKI’S INJURY
He has a gashed leg with looks prettynasty, we will have to assess it tomorrow but it looks a nasty one and he couldmiss some time now which is obviously not great in pre season.

July24th 2012

HENRY TURNS DOWNGUNNERS RETURN
Sky Sports News understands that Arsenallegend Thierry Henry has turned down the chance to rejoin The Gunners on apermanent basis this summer after returning to the club this past winter onloan, sources close to The New York Red Bulls say that Arsenal Manager GT was heavily interested in bringing Henry back permanently this summer toadd some experience to the squad but Henry is intent on fulfilling his contractin the MLS and staying in New York to end his career.

ROSICKY BID REJECTED
The Sun newspaper can today reveal thatArsenal have rejected a bid in the region of £2 million pounds from Lazio forTomas Rosicky.

MARTINEZ SEALS LOANSWITCH
Young Arsenal and Argentinean under 20goal keeper Damian Martinez has joined French side FC Lorient on loan for therest of the season, the 18 year old joins fellow Arsenal team mate JoelCampbell in France.

July24th 2012

(PreSeason)

(EmiratesStadium)

ARSENAL (1) VS (1) SEVILLA
Rodwell (61) Alexis (32)

STARTINGLINE UP
Wojciech Szczesny
Bacary Sagna
Laurent Koscielny
Thomas Vermaelen (Captain)
Kieran Gibbs
DM Alex Song
CM Mikel Arteta
CM Jack Rodwell
AM Ibrahim Afellay
AM Theo Walcott
FW Oliver Giroud

SUBS USED
Andre Santos
Per Mertesacker
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Abou Diaby
Aaron Hughes
Tomas Rosicky
Kurt Zouma
Gervinho
Nicklas Bendtner
Kyle Bartley
Aaron Ramsey

RODWELL STUNNER WOWSGUNNERS FANS
Arsenal’s 1-1 draw with Sevilla at TheEmirates Stadium today will be remembered only for £28 million pound wonder boyJack Rodwell showing the Arsenal fans why the club has broke their transferrecord to sign him, Sevilla took the lead against the run of play just past thehalf hour mark, Alexis unmarked to volley home from a corner and give theSpaniards a 1-0 lead, Arsenal deserved to get back in the game and did so infantastic fashion on the hour mark thanks to Jack Rodwell who fired a 25 yardthunder bolt right foot shot into the top corner of the net to make sure theArsenal fans went home happy.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW
ON THE MATCH
We played aquality opposition and I thought we played well and should have won the game onthe chances we created, we still lack some sharpness in front of goal butoverall I was pleased with how we shaped up.

ON RODWELL’S GOAL
Jack showedall the quality and potential he has in that moment and it was a really specialgoal, it will do Jack’s confidence good to do that so early in his time atArsenal.

ON DIABY COMING OFF INJURED AGAIN
It’s always aworry with him, it has happened a few times this pre season but thankfully theyare not big injuries, again today it was just a knock and of course he is aplayer we will take no chances with.

ON ROSICKY LEAVING

We received abid from Lazio and we rejected that offer, I have always said I don’t wish tolose Tomas but he is the Czech Republic Captain and he wants to be playingevery week, he is also in the last year of his contract, we want the player tostay and he won’t leave unless we receive an offer that makes sense for us.

ON RUMORS OF MOVE FOR THIERRY HENRY
I had a chatwith Thierry simply because Thierry is a great player and a legend at this cluband we are in the market for maybe one more striker, Thierry did well when hecame back here on loan last season so we wanted to see what his position wasbut Thierry is happy in America and he wants to fulfills his commitments to NewYork Red Bulls so that avenue is now closed for us.

July 28
th 2012
AFOBE JOINS TRANMERE
18 year oldArsenal striker Benik Afobe has joined Tranmere Rovers on loan until January2013.July 29th 2012

ARSENAL IN SHOCK OWEN SWOOP
Arsenal have today confirmed a shockswoop to sign free agent and former England Striker Michael Owen on a one yearcontract, the 32 year old was released by Manchester United at the end of theseason but will now play in the red and white of Arsenal to add to the previousspells he had had at Liverpool, Real Madrid and United.
Gunners Manager GT defended thesigning on Arsenal.Com as many pundits questioned why Arsenal would take agamble on the injury plagued striker, GT said, “Michael is a striker withgreat experience and he brings that to the squad, he has had his fitnessproblems over recent seasons but we believe if we can get Michael 100% then hecertainly still has the talent to play at the top level and make a contributionto our season”.
Owen told the clubs website, “WhenArsenal came in for me there was only one place I was going, it’s a chance forme to keep playing and training with top class players and hopefully prove afew people wrong that have written me off”.

Last edited:
MIQUEL SIGNS NEW DEAL
Arsenal Football Club has today extendedthe contract for young 18 year old Spanish defender Ignasi Miquel, the Spaniardwho broke into the Arsenal first team last season has signed a three year dealkeeping him at The Emirates until 2015.

ARSENAL ANNOUCE DEALFOR YOUNG STAR
Arsenal has today signed Dinamo Zagreb’s17 year old Croatian under 21 midfielder Mateo Kovacic in a deal worth aninitial £3.5 million pounds but that could rise to higher.
Kovacic only broke into the Zagreb firstteam squad last season but is highly regarded in Croatia as the next big starof the national team; the young midfielder will not join Arsenal though untilnext summer as he has been immediately loaned back to Zagreb to spend anotherseason learning his trade in the Croatian league.

ARSENAL SQUAD NUMBERS
SEASON 2012/13
1 Wojciech Szczesny
2 Abou Diaby
3 Bacary Sagna
4 Per Mertesacker
5 Thomas Vermaelen
6 Laurent Koscielny
7 Tomas Rosicky
8 Mikel Arteta
9 Michael Owen
10 Lukas Podolski
11 Andre Santos
12 Alex Song
13 Mark Schwarzer
14 Theo Walcott
15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
16 Aaron Ramsey
17 Oliver Giroud
18 Ignasi Miquel
19 Jack Wilshere
20 Aaron Hughes
21 Kurt Zouma
22 Francis Coquelin
23 Jack Rodwell
25 Carl Jenkinson
26 Jack Butland
27 Gervinho
28 Kieran Gibbs
30 Kyle Bartley
31 Ryo Miyachi
33 Park Chu-Young
34 Chuks Aneke
40 Craig Eastmond
44 Conor Henderson
52 Nicklas Bendtner

BENDTNER & ROSICKYLEFT BEHIND AS EXITS NEAR
Sky Sports News understands that TomasRosicky and Nicklas Bendtner have not travelled with Arsenal to Italy for theirpre season game with Parma in two days time as both players could possibly beabout to agree moves away from The Emirates Stadium.

July31st 2012

(PreSeason)

PARMA (0) VS (0) ARSENAL
STARTINGLINE UP
Wojciech Szczesny
Aaron Hughes
Per Mertesacker
Andre Santos
Alex Song
Aaron Ramsey
Abou Diaby
Ibrahim Afellay
Theo Walcott
Oliver Giroud

SUBS USED
Mark Schwarzer
Kieran Gibbs
Laurent Koscielny
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Jack Rodwell
Bacary Sagna
Michael Owen
Gervinho
Ryo Miyachi
Kyle Bartley
Mikel Arteta

OWEN MAKES DEBUT
Michael Owen made his Arsenal debut as ahalf time substitute in Italy tonight as Arsenal drew in pre season again thistime against Parma.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW
ONLACK OF GOALS IN PRE SEASON
As of yet we have not found oursharpness and killer instinct in the final third but I’m sure with the qualitywe have that will come in the next few weeks, overall I was again pleased withour effort, our defensive performance, again we came up against a good sideaway from home who tested us and made us work and in the whole we respondedwell.

ONOWEN’S DEBUT
Michael us of course behind the otherplayers in terms of pre season so I’m sure that run out will do him the world ofgood tonight.

ONBENDTNER & ROSICKY’S FUTURES
Neither player has left the club yet butwith all the speculation and clubs being in for them I thought it was best forthe players if we left them behind to get it sorted out but at the moment nodeal has been done for either player to leave the club, with Tomas we have notaccepted a bid and for Nicklas we have accepted a bid from a Premier Leagueteam and its now down to Nicklas whether he wants to make the move.

August2nd 2012

YENNARIS GOES ON LOAN
Arsenal’s 18 year old full back NicoYennaris has joined Colchester United in League One on loan until January.

August3rd 2012

BENDTNER JOINS FULHAM
Arsenal Football Club can today confirmthe sale of Nicklas Bendtner to Fulham in a deal worth £7 million pounds.

August 5th 2012

SZCZESNY DROPPED BYPOLAND
After a horrorshow at Euro 2012 this summer Arsenal goal keeper Wojciech Szczesny has beendropped to the under 21 squad by Poland and told to prove himself worthy ofbeing Poland’s number one again.

MADRID STILL HUNTINGSAGNA
La Liga Champions Real Madrid are still hunting Arsenal right backBacary Sagna after Jose Mourinho again admitted he would love to take theFrench International to Spain, Madrid had a big for Sagna turned down earlierthis summer and Arsenal boss GT is said to be adamant he will not loseSagna to Madrid this summer after already the club already lose one top star inRobin Van Persie.

GUNNERS TO BATTLE KIEVIN EURO SHOWDOWN
Arsenal willhave to battle Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev in the qualification round of theChampions League with the first leg being played at The Emirates Stadium on 16thAugust 2012, now old foe Andre Shevchenko will stand in the way of the Gunnersand a place in the Champions’ League group stage.
Arsenalmanager GT responded to the draw on Arsenal.Com saying, “ we knew thedraw would not be easy to navigate and we have got a very tough tie against avery tough team who will be hard to play against”.

August 6th 2012

(PreSeason)

(EmiratesStadium)

ARSENAL (2) VS (0) RIVER PLATE
Podolski (1)
Arteta (13)

STARTINGLINE UP
Wojciech Szczesny
Bacary Sagna
Laurent Koscielny
Andre Santos
Alex Song
Gervinho
Ibrahim Afellay
Mikel Arteta
Lukas Podolski
Theo Walcott

SUBS
Mark Schwarzer
Aaron Hughes
Per Mertesacker
Jack Rodwell
Tomas Rosicky
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Abou Diaby
Aaron Ramsey
Michael Owen

GUNNERS PUT RIVER TO SWORD
Arsenal ended pre season on a high with a2-0 victory over River Plate at the Emirates Stadium this afternoon as newsigning Lukas Podolski finally showed Arsenal fans while he is capable ofreplacing the gap left by Robin Van Persie, Podolski had missed a lot of preseason but only took 58 seconds to make an impact in this game, coming in fromthe bye line beating two defenders before cutting back inside and smashing theball in at the near post with his left foot, Arsenal completed the scoring just12 minutes later, Mikel Arteta with a superb 25 yard long range shot thatlooped over the goal keeper before finding the back of the net.
The game also saw the new strikepartnership of Podolski and Theo Walcott link up and the home debut of MichaelOwen.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW
ONFINISHING PRE SEASON WITH A WIN
We are pleased because we found ourperformance today that we have been looking for, we have had a good pre seasonbut before today we lacked a little cutting edge in the final third but we hadthat today and that was pleasing to see before we go into the new season nextweek.

ONPODOLSKI FITNESS
His pre season has been a bit broken up buthe did well today and we are confident it will not take him long to reach 100%,he should be fine for next week.

ONWALCOTT PLAYING AS STRIKER
We want to play Theo more centrally attimes this season because I think it is a position he can best use his assets,today we played him up top with Podolski in behind him and I think thatpartnership has the potential to work well.

August 8th 2012

NEW DUO MISS KIEV MATCHES
New Arsenal signings Mark Schwarzer andAaron Hughes will both be ineligible to play in Arsenal’s Champions LeagueQualification games against Dynamo Kiev as they both played a Europa Leaguequalifying game for Fulham before they joined the Gunners this summer.

ROSICKY TO STAY AT ARSENAL
Tomas Rosicky will remain at Arsenal forthe last year of his contract after a summer that has linked him with a moveaway from The Emirates, the 30 year old Czech Republic Captain’s future cameinto doubt after the Gunners signed Jack Rodwell and Ibrahim Afellay thissummer but after not reaching a deal with any club to sell Rosicky it has nowbeen decided that Rosicky will remain at Arsenal for the final year of his dealand fight for his place in the team.
Rosicky told Sky Sports, “The boss gave methe option to see what was out there because I only have one year left on mydeal and obviously its important for me to be playing, in the end the club didnot really desire me to leave and nobody came in with an offer that Arsenalfound acceptable so I have spoken with the boss and decided to stay and be partof the team”.

August12th 2012

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW

PREMIER LEAGUE
NORWICH CITY
AT HOME

CAN ARSENAL CHALLENGE FOR THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON?

That always has to be the goal for a club like this but we know that Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea arealso very strong, we feel we have a good team, a young team with lots ofpotential so we are just focused on getting the best start we can and seeingwhere that takes us.

ON STRENGTH OF SQUAD
We have had a big turn over of players this summer, we have restructured the squad and I think the squad is much stronger and better equipped for the changes we have made, of course with bringing innew players time for adaptation is needed but we feel happy with the squad we have at the moment.

ON PRESSURE ON PODOLSKI TO REPLACE RVP
Strikers always have pressure on them toscore goals no matter what but replacing Robin Van Persie is not just down to Lukas, we have Theo Walcott, Oliver Giroud, Gervinho and Michael Owen who weall hope will contribute in the goals department this season.

ON WHO WILL BE NUMBER ONE KEEPER
Wojciech Szczesny will start tomorrow butthis season with Mark Schwarzer and Jack Butland brought in we have realcompetition in that position which is good, Wojciech had a tough summer but heis a young keeper with fantastic potential to be a world class goalkeeper, hewill start tomorrow but of course has to fight for his place like everybodyelse.

ON NORWICH
They are a good team who had a very goodseason in the Premier League last year, they gave us two difficult games last season especially at The Emirates so we are prepared for a tough match againsta team who have high energy, high work rate and some good players who like totry and play good football, they have Grant Holt upfront who is a big physical presence which will be a good test for our defenders, we are aware this willnot be an easy game.

ON TEAM NEWS
We have Jack Wilshere still out, he has beenout a year now with his ankle injury and we still don’t expect Jack to rejointraining for at the earliest another month, its going to be a long road back toget Jack 100% again after so long out but he is young and we hope to hopefullyget him back playing football in October or November but we will not rush himback or take any risks.
We are also without Francis Coquelin whohas missed all of pre season with a Hernia problem we hope he will be able totrain again soon and we have also lost Tomas Rosicky for this game, he playedin a friendly for Czech Republic in midweek and has come back to us a littlefatigued so he will miss the Norwich match but should be fine for Dynamo Kievin midweek.

ON MICHAEL OWEN’S FITNESS
Michael only came to us late in pre seasonbut he has trained well, got some minutes under his belt and he is available should we need him tomorrow, of course we would prefer he had a few more weekspre season under his belt but he has responded well to everything so far, he isinjury free so we are happy to include him in the squad.

ON ROSICKY’S FUTURE
For this transfer window the player stayswith us, Tomas has one year left on his deal, we received no offer that wasacceptable and after speaking to Tomas he really wanted to stay and fight forhis place and we wanted him to stay also, we will see how the first half of theseason goes and reassess the situation in January should Tomas not be happy but if everything is ok with him then he will stay here for the final year of hiscontract.

ON ANYMORE TRANSFERS COMING IN BEFORE WINDOW SHUTS
You never say never but I cannot see at the momentus adding to the first team squad, barring mass injuries we are very happy with what we have.

Last edited:
August 13th 2012

(PremierLeague)

(EmiratesStadium)

ARSENAL (5) VS (0) NORWICH CITY
Walcott (1)
Vermaelen(25)
Afellay (47)(79)
Gervinho(84)

STARTING LINE UP
Wojciech Szczesny
Bacary Sagna
Laurent Koscielny (Yellow Card)
Andre Santos
Alex Song
Gervinho
Mikel Arteta (Off 71 minutes)
Ibrahim Afellay
Lukas Podolski (Off 22 minutes)
Theo Walcott (Off 71 minutes)

SUBS
Mark Schwarzer
Per Mertesacker (On 71 minutes)
Aaron Ramsey
Jack Rodwell (On 22 minutes)
Michael Owen
Oliver Giroud (On 71 minutes)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

GUNNERS THRASH NORWICH ON OPENING DAY
Arsenal got there season off to a five starstart this afternoon with a 5-0 win against Norwich City at The Emirates Stadium, it only took the Gunners 32 seconds to take the lead, Theo Walcottstarting as striker receiving the ball 25 yards out with his back to goal,Walcott turned skipped past two Norwich challenges, burst into the box andfired the ball low past Norwich keeper John Ruddy into the far bottom corner ofthe net, 1-0 to Arsenal and a dream start to there Premier League campaign.
Norwich came back fighting and put Arsenal on the back foot for a good tenminute spell, Norwichmissing the chance to equalize when Grant Holt was put through on goal but Szczesny saved well at his near post
Arsenal received a blow on the twentyminute mark when new signing Lukas Podolski limped off injured but four minuteslater the Gunners fans were in good sprits again as there team doubled thelead, Ibrahim Afellay with a cleverly delivered corner to the near post andthere was new Arsenal Captain Thomas Vermaelen to half volley the ball in andmake it 2-0 and that’s how it stayed until half time.
In the second half it only took Arsenal twominutes to wrap up the game with a superb counter attack goal, £28 million poundwonder kid Jack Rodwell who had impressed since coming on for Podolski in thefirst half broke up a Norwich attack in his own half and set Theo Walcott awaywith a slide rule pass, Walcott was forced wide by the Norwich defense but cutback to Ibrahim Afellay who swept the ball home with his left foot to score onhis debut and make it 3-0.
Arsenal rounded off a wonderful opening daywith two more late goals, first a Vermaelen corner was headed in off the bar byIbrahim Afellay who claimed his second debut goal of the game and then JackRodwell again found Gervinho over the top with an inch perfect lifted pass andGervinho ran clear and finished coolly at the near post to make it 5-0 toArsenal.

POST MATCH INTERVIEW
ON A GREAT PERFORMANCE
We played very well today but the match wasnot as easy as the score line suggests, Norwich played some good football attimes and in the first half especially put us under some pressure and wasalways a threat from set pieces, from our part we got the prefect start and attimes in the game we played some superb football and scored some fantasticgoals, it is the perfect way to start our season and there was many positivesto take away.

ON AFELLAY DEBUT
Ibrahim has been great since he joined, hehad a fantastic pre season and he has brought that in to today’s game, he hassuch great movement and pace and he always gets into dangerous positions and hemade the most of those moments today.

ON RODWELL IMPRESSING
We had to bring Jack on in the first halfin a more offensive role then perhaps he is used to but he was fantastic andthe Arsenal fans got a real glimpse of why this boy is so special.

ON WALCOTT AS A STRIKER
I think Theo did very well today with the timing of his runs with his link up play and of course the more he plays down the middle the better he will get.

ON PODOLSKI INJURY
It’s a badly twisted knee and imdisappointed for Lukas because he had his pre season broken up by nigglyinjuries and now just when he has got back he has got this injury, I think hewill definitely miss the Champions League game in midweek and possibly longerbut we need to assess that tomorrow morning.

August 14th 2012

PODOLSKI RULED OUT OF CRUNCH GAMES
Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski will be outfor 3 to 4 weeks after twisting his knee in yesterdays game against Norwich City, Podolski will now miss bothArsenal’s Champions League qualifiers against Dynamo Kiev and that PremierLeague match away to Champions Manchester Citynext weekend.

August 15th 2012

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PREVIEW

3RD ROUND QUALIFIER 1STLEG

DYNAMO KIEVAT HOME

ON IMPORTANCE OF MAKING GROUP STAGE
For the club it is vital and for myself andthe players it is vital because we want to be challenging against the best teams in Europe every season, I think everybody knows that the stakes are highin this game and we cannot afford anything but getting the job done.

ON DYNAMO KIEV
They are a club with good Champions League pedigree, they have quality players in there team and we know we are in twotough matches against them.

ON TEAM NEWS
We have Lukas Podolski (Knee) out and at the moment he is at the earliest two weeks away from returning but possibly longer, Tomas Rosicky is back in training but is short for this game, we alsohave Mark Schwarzer and Aaron Hughes ineligible for this game so Jack Butlandand Abou Diaby come into the squad from the weekend.

ON WHO WILL REPLACE PODOLSKI IN LINEUP
Jack Rodwell played very well when he cameon Saturday but he has been suffering with a little knock so we will have to see who starts, Aaron Ramsey is another option.

Last edited: