robbietusin

Reaction score
Just started game with Arsenal trying to develop youth and not spend much money. Just wondering if anyone has any further advice. I play similar formation and style. Haven't updated database by the way:

MarcoMotta/Eboue..Vermaelen/NorwegianCantRememberName/Milito/Shawcross..Clichy/Garrido
............................................Veloso/Song(Anchorman or defmid)......................................
...Diaby(Boxtobox)/Fab(deeplyingplay)Nasri/Rosicky(Advancedplay/centremidatt)....
.RVP/Eduardo/Walcott(insideforward).............................Arshavin/Vicente(Wing).
...............RVP/Eduardo/Bendtner/Ronaldo(AdvForward).....................................

Backup includes Vela, Ramsay, Denilson and Senderos.

General team selection and tactics depends on opposition and form. I generally stick with the same formation though. The great thing about them is the amount of players who can play various roles and positions (eg Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin can all play centre mid and wing or playmaker).
I generally play 2 of Song/Veloso/Diaby against strong teams and might only play one against weaker opposition.

Transfers:
Some of my transfers seem stupid but I had good reason. Although not happy with my deals for centre back. I wanted English so signed Shawcross, he's been terrible but might develop.
Out:Sagna Man City 15mil. In: Motta 7mil. Happy with this made money and standard the same.
Out:Gallas 5mil, Silvestre 2mil. In: Shawcross 6mil, Norwegian 1 mil, Milito 5 mil. Gallas depletes as a player and wages are ridiculous.
In: Veloso 10 mil. Badly needed.
In: Garrido 2mil. Back up to Clichy.
Wanted experience in attack as backup so brought in Ronaldo 2mil(I know, dodgy) and Vicente 1mil. Also to cover injuries cos most of Arsenal team are injury prone.

They were slow to start the season but form has become incredible and Ronaldo is proving worthwhile scoring from the bench every other game. I think he was needed as Ed/Ben/RVP don't score enough individually.
I have a big and young squad so the plan will be to buy one or two big names every summer from here on out. Nothing too extravagant. I'll gradually replace the likes of Rosicky and Arshavin with Vela, Ramsay etc.
Priority for next summer will be goalie and centre back or Strong Midfielder.

I'm a pretty experienced player but thought I'd throw it out there to see what others think/suggest..

James rodriguez - banfield - Versatile
Cristian Zapata - Udinese - DC
Luis Guilhereme - Botafogo - GK