Arsenal upbeat on Djourou injury

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 927

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal Johan Djourou could yet play again this season after an exploratory operation on his dislocated shoulder.

More...

Good news. He's been great this year with Kos.

I wonder, if Djourou comes back and continues in the form he's been in with Koscielny - who does Wenger drop when Vermaelen eventually returns?

I wonder, if Djourou comes back and continues in the form he's been in with Koscielny - who does Wenger drop when Vermaelen eventually returns?

I doubt there'd be enough time left in the season for Vermaelen to play every 90 minutes until his return. Don't think we'll see him again this season like we did last, he might come on a few times.

I doubt there'd be enough time left in the season for Vermaelen to play every 90 minutes until his return. Don't think we'll see him again this season like we did last, he might come on a few times.

Pretty sure Vermaelen has been ruled out for the season, but maybe it's more mind games from Wenger like the mysterious Eboue and Van Persie injuries that suddenly healed within a week instead of 4 ;)

@DMF - I expect (emphasis on expect) that Vermaelen will displace Koscielny. As good as he's been, Vermaelen has more about him and is better in the air. Having said that, Koscielny has had almost a whole season playing with and getting to know Djourou and his game and they work brilliantly because they're fairly similar so cover for each other a lot so Vermaelen probably won't have a divine right to his place in the team next season.

Quite a nice conundrum to have, now we just need decent experienced back-up in case Bartley stays out on loan and/or Miquel and he don't live up to expectations (Which I think they will).

3 good goalkeepers, 3 good CBs with 2 promising youngsters and (hopefully in a new recruit) one experienced CB for emergency cover (No, not Gary Cahill - someone to do a similar job as Sol, except I think Steve Bould, Martin Keown and Tony Adams are all retired (H))

He's a chance to be back for the United game.
If he is, I would back us to win.

Has been a huge suprise this season with his performances in the PL for Arsenal. Before this season he was a player i would laugh at if i heard his name but he has proved me and everyone massivly wrong. He is an excellent and huge player for Arsenal and all they need is a good keeper to help him out.

Hope he recovers soon, Arsenal have so many unfortunate injuries.

Van Persie: Strained knee ligaments, approx. 6 weeks out. Returns after 10(?) days.
Djourou: Dislocated shoulder, rest of season. Possible return in 4 weeks.

What's next? Vermaelen will be fit to play 90 minutes against Blackburn? Wenger needs to fix his crystal ball...

On the other hand, this is great news, especially if he'll play against ManUtd.

Has been a huge suprise this season with his performances in the PL for Arsenal. Before this season he was a player i would laugh at if i heard his name but he has proved me and everyone massivly wrong. He is an excellent and huge player for Arsenal and all they need is a good keeper to help him out.

Because he wasnt good at all thats why.

Didn't really have a chance tbf - was injured a lot and wasn't going to shunt aside Toure and Gallas.

And he wasn't that bad.. I just remember him scoring an OG at Stamford Bridge...

... In a game we won 2-1 thanks to RvP =)

3 good goalkeepers, 3 good CBs with 2 promising youngsters and (hopefully in a new recruit) one experienced CB for emergency cover (No, not Gary Cahill - someone to do a similar job as Sol, except I think Steve Bould, Martin Keown and Tony Adams are all retired (H))

Can you point these out for me please... Cause i am looking through the arsenal Website and cant find 3 good keepers.

Sorry buy couldnt resist, on our previous on this subject.

Back