As a 6th tier league team I managed to sign a high calibre Assistant manager...

• Thread starter Thread starter Ursulla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3K

Ursulla

Reaction score
I paid him 3 times I would pay a regular assistant...Now he earns almost like me but this guy has a National reputation and also has a Model Professional personality...He has only two stars recommended job as an assistant manager...So my question naturally is what exactly are the benefits I could reap by managing to sign such an Assistant...Of course I could see the obvious attributes of him,but what are the not so obvious advantages of him...I mean you could say he is only two stars an assistant, I would rather hire an obscure, balanced personalty assistant with three stars who would save me the money and still function as a better assistant...What are the pros of accquiring such an assistant as the cons are obvious being a liability on my finance...

Last edited:
Better regens (coaches personality influences this)

Better regens (coaches personality influences this)

Bravo,that is useful info,I wouldn't figure that out...searched the whole web...Now what about his reputation I mean if someone got a national reputaion it would suggest that he did something right in his carerer...So how it would cash in a my humble club...would I be able to attract better players to the club who would be honored to work under such an esteemed figure...or maybe the existing squad would put an extra effort,work harder ,motivated and happy under his influence...They should really use his experience...Maybe even attract more crowd to home games...?

Wouldn't make much difference. Try and edit your assistant to max attributes and see how he is still just as useless (sadly).

Wouldn't make much difference. Try and edit your assistant to max attributes and see how he is still just as useless (sadly).
Well ,if you are right I want my money back...I'm going to sign the worst assistant available and find better uses for my budget..
Does anyone trust his assistant advices?

Last edited:
Well ,if you are right I want my money back...I'm going to sign the worst assistant available and find better uses for my budget..
Does anyone trust his assistant advices?

i tend to do the opposite to their advice :-)

Well, this is a sweeping statement. Its not 100% wrong and its not 100% correct either. It depends what you set your assistant do. I always like my assistant to be as good as possible on tactics. I play reactively mostly and though I watch matches at least on extended I like to have his input about stuff that are happening. I trust my eyes first and foremost but I find his second opinion useful.

Well, this is a sweeping statement. Its not 100% wrong and its not 100% correct either. It depends what you set your assistant do. I always like my assistant to be as good as possible on tactics. I play reactively mostly and though I watch matches at least on extended I like to have his input about stuff that are happening. I trust my eyes first and foremost but I find his second opinion useful.
What rating in tactical knowledge would make him a reliable assistant? And does tactical training relates to this issue...My guess is that my tactics would be implemented by his tactical training rating...So what is the rating of training tactics attribute that would make him a reliable trainer...Which one of the two is more important if I have to decide between two different assistants....One has a higher Knowledge and the other has better tactical training?
Beside those two what other attributes should be considered as especially useful for him to have ?

Last edited:
As with all staff, I go for determination. In addition for the *** Man I focus on Man Management (for dealing with my own team) and Tactical Knowledge (not training) plus Judging Player Ability for helping with opposition instructions.

I guess playing at lower leagues you probably need an all rounder however.

I guess playing at lower leagues you probably need an all rounder however.

That's is exactly what makes it impossible to find an all around assistant at the lower leagues...They come with only very few high attributes...Which brings us back to the national reputation assistant with his perfect personality...He should have an extra virtue to bring into the table comparing to all the lesser assistants...He brings his experiece and stature to the team which must be count for something...We need to find out what is it exactly in order to weigh the pros and cons of hiring him...

Last edited:
What rating in tactical knowledge would make him a reliable assistant? And does tactical training relates to this issue...My guess is that my tactics would be implemented by his tactical training rating...So what is the rating of training tactics attribute that would make him a reliable trainer...Which one of the two is more important if I have to decide between two different assistants....One has a higher Knowledge and the other has better tactical training?
?

I NEVER let the assman do anything, tactically or not, unless I verify it first. He's just a way to speed up the game imho - the better he is the more I let him do stuff and then I look at them before I implement them. eg: before a match I usually let him "quick pick" the match squad and I then make the corrections/additions I want.

I NEVER let the assman do anything, tactically or not, unless I verify it first. He's just a way to speed up the game imho - the better he is the more I let him do stuff and then I look at them before I implement them. eg: before a match I usually let him "quick pick" the match squad and I then make the corrections/additions I want.
So what you are implying in fact is that hiring an expensive assistant for lower league team is actually a waste of resources?

So what you are implying in fact is that hiring an expensive assistant for lower league team is actually a waste of resources?

Yup! Unless he is 4/5* on a specific training attribute so that he will be able to decently train it or even be split into training 2/3 attributes and still be 3* in them which is great for low leagues.

Yup! Unless he is 4/5* on a specific training attribute so that he will be able to decently train it or even be split into training 2/3 attributes and still be 3* in them which is great for low leagues.
Watching The board confidence at you, You are judged by number of parameters...The first one is Club Stature...Now Don't you agree that by hiring a high caliber figure into lower league team ,who is second in the hierarchy of staff ,would actually raise the club stature and would in turn attract higher reputation players and staff... Which means that I managed to succeed at one of the parameters I am being judged upon and by doing that help saving my job?

Last edited:
Watching The board confidence at you, You are judged by number of parameters...The first one is Club Stature...Now Don't you agree that by hiring a high caliber figure into lower league team ,who is second in the hierarchy of staff ,would actually raise the club stature and would in turn attract higher reputation players and staff... Which means that I managed to succeed at one of the parameters I am being judged upon and by doing that help saving my job?

You must be correct as what you re saying is very reasonable (and I must admit Ive never thought before) though one must wonder how big an increase of reputation just doing that would give you

You must be correct as what you re saying is very reasonable (and I must admit Ive never thought before) though one must wonder how big an increase of reputation just doing that would give you
I knew all the time that those high reputation Assistants won't come to lower clubs since those clubs can't meet their demands... I had to work hard in negotiation with him and even offer him "waive compenstation" meaning that if he leaves the club by getting a better offer I would not get any compensation...I also offered him all kinds of bonuses for the league and cups...Finally I managed to lower his demands by 60%...It's not that I made him a favor,it is the other way around,he agreess to do me a favor and raise my club stature...I'm just an obscure figure no one heard about neither impressed by managing a team with no reputation...So why would anyone want to waste his career at my club...But if somene sees a national reputation,well recognized Assistant at my side, who is well respected that thinks I worth a chance maybe I have a better chance to sign him...So for your question I would answer it would give me a better chance to sign higher quality players and staff...They won't be so fast to dismiss me....When I approach players and staff most of the time they dismiss me without hesitation...All I need is one moment of hesitation to let them bite the hook...That's man Managment...You can see during negotiations their state of mind...It would be seen as he is unsure or better as slight interest...

Last edited:
Closure

When you start a new game the president welcomes you and tell you that your assistant would " handle transfer activity for players you place on the transfer target list and is also available to suggest potential targets for range of roles and positions "....Now for each player I would like to sign there is an option "Add as a transfer target " for Transfer/Loan/End of contract...Those players would meet my esteemed Assistant alone all by himself with his impeccable personality and his national reputation ,so surely he would have better chances to hire them than me...
And not only that ,looking at staff responsibilities you delegate authority partly to your assistant like "find and makes offers for young players for the future" or "handles new signing contract negotiations for players in your youth team"...and it is established here that he attracts "better regens"...
angel.gif

And partly to your general manager(director of football) like "find and makes offers for players for the first team"...or "handles new signing contract negotiations for players in your First team"...or "hires/fires all other staff"...
If you look carefully you see that you are ADVISED by the board to hire a general manager even if they are just a lower league team with poor reputation...Now why would they recommend you to do that?...This guy would be the engine working behind the scenes for your future perfect machine...So lets say that after raising the club stature with the help of my new assistant , I manage to attract even a high caliber Director of football maybe by putting an AD...So now the roller coaster which has already started to move slowly earlier with hiring the high caliber assistant begin to gain momentum with a second impressive figure...Now this guy could do wonders I could only dream of...The club stature surely on the right direction and now he would be able to hire new staff or new players...

Last edited:
Back