Ashley sets Newcastle Europe goal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 539

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle owner Mike Ashley wants the club to be challenging for Europe on a regular basis as part of a his long-term strategy.

More...

Don't worry this confused me as well when I read it earlier. I believe we could but that'd take 5 years at least.

Screwy title from the BBC as usual. He's said in 4-5 years which IMO is a reasonable goal. There's no problem aiming for Europe, after all.

Screwy title from the BBC as usual. He's said in 4-5 years which IMO is a reasonable goal. There's no problem aiming for Europe, after all.

Exactly, with the right investment we have as much of a chance as anyone. Considering we were Champions league regulars like 8-10 years ago, we a fan base and stadium that deserves European football.

Although, I think we need a fair bit of investment in the squad.

with the right investment

If you never had an obese, betting obsessed alcoholic owner then yeah. ;)

Nah but as you said, Newcastle fans definitely deserve more than they're getting at the moment, a great club.

What's with these non-story Newcastle headlines and the ignorant drones they bring out lately? It's hardly as if the club wants to languish in mid-table mediocrity, and Europe isn't that lofty a goal, especially considering we were in with a shout of finishing in that part of the table just a month or two ago. Things will hopefully only get better for us now, especially since the clubs with Shephard-esque chairmen are going to be ****** over the next few year, and we have a naturally high turnover.

Back