Ashton's playing career in doubt

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 569

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Fears are growing that West Ham striker Dean Ashton could be forced to retire after failing to recover from a long-term ankle injury.

More...

Never proved him self as a consistent scorer at the top level, good old school striker though, he'll get huge compensation

its a shame cos i had him on my liverpool team on fm 09 and he was a force upfront with torres,

This is old news. Ashton was a waste of £7M and if he gets money out of us like Sheff Utd, The FA and Curbs then he can go die.

This is old news. Ashton was a waste of £7M and if he gets money out of us like Sheff Utd, The FA and Curbs then he can go die.

He can go die? Friggin **** mate thats a bit harsh.. :@

Too bad. When he played he was an amazing centre forward, but so many injuries will take its toll on any career.

Unlucky, hopefully this is only a rumour and he will be back and scoring goals again.

ashton is a class player,

gabon i think you dont understand mate, he will get compensation form the FA not west ham

That comment is just harsh. And plus, he's not even taking money from your club, it's the FA who owe his compensation, so seriously, give the guy a break.

its not his fault that he's got this injury. not as if he wants the recurring injury in the first place. your comments arent very nice either

How was he a waste.? He was a class player and would of done well in many teams in the league when he did play he was good but he has had a few injury's so could never really prove himself.

And he can go die.? That is harsh don't you think.? How can you say that why would he try and get money out of you anyway its not the clubs fault he got injured is it.?

Its just ones of those things.

I really hope he does not have to retire he was a great player who i liked a lot

Real Shame. :(

Back