dropkickcuddy

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm into my second season with a strong Liverpool team who play a 4-2-3-1 formation. Generally, scoring goals is not a problem, however Torres, who is statistically one of the best strikers on the game, is scoring nowhere near the amount he should be and most are coming from my attacking midfielders.

During game play, my assistant manager tells me that my forwards are being outnumbered and I'm sure this must have something to do with Torres not scoring. Having made numerous tweaks to Torres' personal instructions, I still can't get him to score.

So can anybody help?

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation. My conclusion is that there is no way to play one up front effectively. I'm going to make the switch to a new formation next season with two strikers, and then hopefully I won't need to rely on my midfielders for goals.

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation. My conclusion is that there is no way to play one up front effectively. I'm going to make the switch to a new formation next season with two strikers, and then hopefully I won't need to rely on my midfielders for goals.

I can tell you that this isn't true. I've played as Liverpool for 4 seasons now. I've won the last 3 Premier League Titles and finished 2nd in my 1st season. I play a single striker, Torres. He led the league in goals in both my 2nd and 3rd season and finished with over 20 again last year. I play a 4-2-3-1formation. I could post the tactic here if you want.

I have had some great attacking mids which obviously helps Torres get goals. In general I try to have wingers who are naturally strikers and train them at the wing position. I also set my wingers to cross the ball rarely. I get alot of plays where the winger drives the ball to teh box, draws a defender, then slips an easy pass back to teh AMC, who then throws a through ball to Torres for the easy goal.

Like I said Ive had some great personel through the years. Mirko Vucinic has been by AML the entire time. At AMC I've gone from Gerrard to Aliaksander Hleb and now to Lionel Messi. On the right I've had Gerrard and now Bojan. Plus off the bench I've had Diego Buonanotte and Marquinhos. Im somewhat in a dilemma this year because I transferred out Gerrard and used the proceeds to get Sergio Aguero. I don't really have a place for everyone to play in my tactic now, but I figure with injuries I will find enough playing time for everyone.

Its definately possible that I've just had very talented teams and the tactic isnt a big reason I've won, but like Ive said its won me 3 straight Premier League Titles and my lone striker scores tons of goals.