Aston Villa 2-2 Wolves

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 413

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Relegation-threatened Wolves are denied the spoils after a John Carew double salvages a draw for Aston Villa.

More...

John Carew is such a good player to have, always comes up with the goals when they are needed, top class.

Hint of offside in both but great result for L'pool

On balance we were lucky to draw but before the game I think most Villa fans would agree that its a game we really should be winning. But it's not over until it's over and Tottenham could well struggle against Stoke. Think MON should have started Delfouneso or at least subbed him on, as Heskey was useless and really gave his critics serious amunition, Wolves probably would have stuggled alot more if we mixed it up upfront also. But again well played by Wolves and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Another reason why Zamora should be going to South Africa and not Heskey if it's between those two.

Agree with Joe, What was O'Neill doing playing 2 target men upfront?

Happy with this result I suppose, though I'd have preferred Villa taking 0 points. I didn't know about the scores until MOTD, so I was so happy when it was 2-1 to Wolves right near the end.

A draw is a fair one though having seen the highlights. Does us a favour as well since we won today.

Back