avstu

Reaction score
I took over my Villa side in December with them at the foot of the table. With 10 games to go I find myself 2 points away from the magic 40 point mark.

So naturally I will push on and see just how far we go but my attentions are already turning to next season. In January I brought in a lot of players on loan, so my wage budget should be decent but I am unsure what transfer target I will have. So just wondering how others have done with Villa - and what advice people would have so I can strenghen for next season.

Here is my squad atm (I will try to list in order of who gets played):

Goalkeepers:

Brad Guzan
Shay Given

FB:

Stephen Warnock
Matthew Lowton
Joe Bennett
Eric Lichaj

CB:

Ron Vlaar
Ciaran Clark
Nathan Baker

DM:

Sullay Muntari (Loan)
Jermaine Jenas (Loan)
Joel Obi (Loan)

CM:

Stephen Ireland
Barry Bannan
Karim El-Ahmadi

AML/R:

Kevin Grobkreutz (Loan)
Charles N'Zogbia
Miralem Sulejmani (Loan)
Nathan Redmond

S:

Darren Bent
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Andre-Pierre Gignac (Loan)

I know I am very light at the back so I will be looking to strenghen or at the very least boost that area in numbers.

Most of the loan deals are available for transfer also.

I cant think of anyone cheap enough although have a look at raiding the teams that get relegated. If you have the money you might want to get Shawncross or foster but a handy tip: Check out free players as there are some amazing players who will be availible to get throughout the game.

Yeah I defernatly will. I had a look at players whos deals were running out in the summer but most of the good ones have been snapped up.

Will try and offload the likes of Given (Old and big wages), Warnock, Ireland (both also big wages), Delph and Holman also.

Shawcross always seems to cost a fortune so would probably try and avoid him, have a look at William gallas at the end of the season his contract is up, you can probably get another year or two out of him before he dies out