Aston Villa dealt Albrighton blow

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa midfielder Marc Albrighton is set to be sidelined for up to four weeks after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix.

More...

He's been a key player for you this season. Looks like Pires may be getting shifted out onto the wing against Arsenal eh? ;)

Ah, Pires v Clichy in a footrace. Should make ugly viewing...

Ah, Pires v Clichy in a footrace. Should make ugly viewing...

Clichy is out tonight, so maybe won't make it for the weekend. Even so, who needs pace when you have a brain like Pires does?

About time Villa got an injury this season.

Just a hint of sarcasm there :P, big shame though as its been nice seeing one of the bigger clubs play a young english player week after week

He's been a key player for you this season. Looks like Pires may be getting shifted out onto the wing against Arsenal eh? ;)

it had to be didnt it !

pires to start against us and score

Good, he'll miss Anfield match :D
Shame, in one way. Really loving him so far this season.

Unlucky for Villa as he's been fantastic, but I doubt Pires will be the automatic replacement. Only going by the brief MotD piece on his debut, but wasn't he playing more centrally?

Clichy is out tonight, so maybe won't make it for the weekend. Even so, who needs pace when you have a brain like Pires does?

I guess, but I'd rather he played centrally if that's the case. I suppose with Downing playing on the right we can shift Ash out left again.

Just a hint of sarcasm there :P, big shame though as its been nice seeing one of the bigger clubs play a young english player week after week

Aye well, we wouldn't play him just 'cause he's English, he's got the place on quality.

Unlucky for Villa as he's been fantastic, but I doubt Pires will be the automatic replacement. Only going by the brief MotD piece on his debut, but wasn't he playing more centrally?

Mmm, although he drifted left a couple of times. It was a bit makeshift, so hopefully Gerard can give the team good instructions and a solid gameplan.

Shame tbf, i heard Ridgewell wanted to end the kid come the 1st :P

Bad luck Villa and Albrighton. Shame, I was enjoying him playing well and progressing

Shame tbf, i heard Ridgewell wanted to end the kid come the 1st :P

Ha! Last time a Brum player tried to take on a Villa one, the little turncoat ended up running away from Da Nige. Besides, Albrighton did Evra three times in one match and Evra, unlike Ridgwell, isn't about as mobile as a lamed girder welded to the ground. ;)

Ha! Last time a Brum player tried to take on a Villa one, the little turncoat ended up running away from Da Nige. Besides, Albrighton did Evra three times in one match and Evra, unlike Ridgwell, isn't about as mobile as a lamed girder welded to the ground. ;)

Run away XD you wish...
And fair enough, ye i know the kids quick, he would cause a couple of problems, shame he will have to wait to face us then really :$

Last edited:
Run away XD you wish...
And fair enough, ye i know the kids quick, he would cause a couple of problems, shame he will have to wait to face us then really :$

Mmm, he's probably gutted. He really wants to play you lot as well, proper Villan that he is. I'm still waiting for Hleb to hit top gear (if he still has it) and I have a sneaking suspicion that if he plays against us he will...

Mmm, he's probably gutted. He really wants to play you lot as well, proper Villan that he is. I'm still waiting for Hleb to hit top gear (if he still has it) and I have a sneaking suspicion that if he plays against us he will...

Is he proper villa fan? Or is this just another he's a local lad thing like Craig Gardner. Then comes out with the truth <)

Erm... Im unsure whether he still has it, he played well against yourselves at vile park i thought, with his lack of pace he has lost that impact that he once had on games, but he is definitely still doing the business just doing his job, just nothing more than that as of yet, however Big Eck suggests there is a lot more to come!

Im glad that Albrighton wont make the cup tie, because he is an unknown threat to us, we know what were getting from the rest, with him he could prove the difference, or have no impact at all.

Is he proper villa fan? Or is this just another he's a local lad thing like Craig Gardner. Then comes out with the truth <)

Pfft, nah. ShitGardner was always a blue, he just never told anyone. Albrighton and GoodGardner (Gary) are both out-and-out Villans, and make no bones about it.

Erm... Im unsure whether he still has it, he played well against yourselves at vile park i thought, with his lack of pace he has lost that impact that he once had on games, but he is definitely still doing the business just doing his job, just nothing more than that as of yet, however Big Eck suggests there is a lot more to come!

Yeah, I'm undecided about Hleb. Almost certainly not the threat he was, but then again he used to be superb for Arsenal, one of the best young talents in the world at that time. McLeish is a good manager, if there's anything left in the tank he'll get the best out of him.

Im glad that Albrighton wont make the cup tie, because he is an unknown threat to us, we know what were getting from the rest, with him he could prove the difference, or have no impact at all.

Not true! We can deploy the awesome unknown power of Stephen Ireland!

XD

Pfft, nah. ShitGardner was always a blue, he just never told anyone. Albrighton and GoodGardner (Gary) are both out-and-out Villans, and make no bones about it.
I really wouldn't drop all bets about Gary Gardner, it is rare when brothers support different teams, so don't count your chickens 8-|

Yeah, I'm undecided about Hleb. Almost certainly not the threat he was, but then again he used to be superb for Arsenal, one of the best young talents in the world at that time. McLeish is a good manager, if there's anything left in the tank he'll get the best out of him.
Ye i agree i have faith in Big Eck's ability to do something special with him, its hard to find the right position for him tbh, and i think it would be very wrong to base the team around him, which is what Big Eck seemed to do when we were playing awful, he dropped him, and we have benefited.

Not true! We can deploy the awesome unknown power of Stephen Ireland!

XD

The forgotten man could prove the difference, you never know! Look at Reo-Coker, labelled a waste of wages by Vile fans everywhere until he got a second chance!

Huge shame for Villa and the lad himself, has had a huge rise this season looks a really good player indeed.

Back