Aston Villa in Wonderland

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5K

MWEST94

Reaction score
Background to the story: I have decided to start a profile with Aston Villa as I enjoyed managing them in previous FM's. I have decided to leave the 'Use Real Players' box unticked to make it more challenging. As I haven't seen anyone use this feature as part of a story, this was the main reason why I have decided to make this story. Sit back and enjoy! Any feedback appreciated.
View attachment 243920
Breaking News: Gavin Park has resigned as Aston Villa manager following confrontation with a number of players. Park, who was known for his strange training methods, which included training on a mine field and braiding each other's hair to improve teamwork, had only spent a year at Villa. Savdeliev, the Villa captain, quoted "I'm happy he's gone, to be honest he scared me."

View attachment 243963
Odds for the job:
Jose Martinez (Wigan) 3/1
Liam Palmer (Wolves) 6/1
Stephen Thomson (Everton) 8/1
Matt West 20/1

View attachment 243990
Aston Villa have announced Matt West as their new manager. West has signed a one year contract which can be extended depending on how he does. The chairman said, "We are pleased to get the opportunity to hire such an established and experienced manager, in West. He will offer something different to the team and hopefully bring success to the club."

West is well known for his rigid 4-1-1-3-1 tactic which he employs during matches as well as his excellent man management.
View attachment 243995
However, does West have the quality to bring future success to Villa?

BAM! I'm following.

But does that mean you have no Emile Heskey? Aww man....

Background: I will put real players' names in brackets who I think the players are most similar to, this will give you a better understanding of the players in my game.
View attachment 244089
Transfer News:
West has announced the signings of Will Robinson (Adam Johnson) for £3.8 million from Man City, Koo Man-Hee (Park Ji-Sung) from Man Utd for £2.4 million and Gabriel Lovato (Gago) on loan from Real Madrid. As well as this West has signed youngsters Danny Soloman and Richard Howard.

West's statement: "I am pleased we have had the opportunity to sign these players. I believe Robinson, Man-Hee and Lovato will give us experience to push up the table and possibly challenge for a Europa place."
View attachment 244090 View attachment 244091 View attachment 244092

View attachment 244100

Pre Season:
Partick 1 vs 2 Villa
View attachment 244103

Gladbach 0 vs 2 Villa
View attachment 244104

Ajax 1 vs 4 Villa
View attachment 244105

St Mirren 0 vs 1 Villa
View attachment 244106

Red Star 1 vs 0 Villa
View attachment 244107

Villa 0 vs 2 Hannover
View attachment 244108

Villa 2 vs 1 Deportivo
View attachment 244109

Coleraine 0 vs 2 Villa
View attachment 244110

West's statement: "I am pleased with most of the results and the way we played. Lets take this form into the league!"

Losing 3-0 to Manchester United isn't all that bad, is it?
I like the story so far. Good luck!

Back