aston villa team advice

• Thread starter Thread starter megapicks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

megapicks

Reaction score
moz-screenshot.jpg
this is my villa team i just need to know were u think i need strengtherning i believe defence as i concede to many goal but thankfully i scor enough so and advice much appreciated thanks

Gardeners a decent defender but yeh maybe a cb and a decent lb/rb. Joe mattocks a good prospect at lb and davide santon at rb. also gojko kacar would be your best bet for a cb in my opinion as he can also cover dmc and mc. very good versatile player especially if moutinho ends u injured for you god forbid lol

I sold Gareth Barry for 30 M to City.
Then i bought Azpilicueta for RB Filipe LB , Ivan Marcano CD , Veloso DM , Moutinho CM , Beckham RM , Marquinhos and Cardozo ST.
But i'm in my 3 season now.

I would get rid of two of your goalkeepers, get some money out of them. Plus I'm sure they'll become unhappy at being left out anyway. Always look to strengthen certain parts of your squad, so I'd sell Bouma or Shorey, don't sell both. This is so you can buy a much better left back, while have another for cover. Thus strengthening the left back position. If money is available, I would also sell Gardner and bring in a new Creative Defensive Midfielder, as Reo-Coker is a hard worker, I would rather have a Hard Working DM & Creative DM rather than two of the same. So I'd reccomend Hamsik, Alonso, etc.

So in summary.

Sell: Bouma / Shorey, Gardner, Friedel / Guzan / Taylor (Sell Two)
Buy: Creative DM, Quality Left Back.

If you haven't got enough money, choose one (Left back or Defensive Midfielder). But if you'd like to get both, I'd suggest selling those who rarely get any appearances. But this could prove costly in the second half of the season, as you wouldn't have a big squad so players will be tired. So if you do, get in some loan players to cover.

Last edited:
I would get a good GK- Asjeno or more experince keeper Vilar

Also new fullbacks - Santon (RB) Felpie? (LB)

Maybe a better CB to partner Cueller - Sahko, Zapata

in my game in second season newcastle always get relegated so get collochini 4 5mill and owen 4 3

Part of the problem of conceding goals is that your formation is very attack minded so, regardless of who you buy, you will still ship a few goals. Also bear in mind Asenjo is still young and will get better. Anyway, back to the point: I agree with the other before, you really need to strengthen the entire back four. I would try to get youth and experience, so maybe go for CB's like Jagielka etc for experience and Sakho etc for youth

I sold Gareth Barry for 30 M to City.
Then i bought Azpilicueta for RB Filipe LB , Ivan Marcano CD , Veloso DM , Moutinho CM , Beckham RM , Marquinhos and Cardozo ST.
But i'm in my 3 season now.

you can sell Barry for 41 mil

Buy:
1) Vargas, Aleksandar Kolarov and Cristian Rodriguez as left side player.
2) Sakho or Marcano as a backup defender.
3) Veloso as a DMC. He is better than N Reo

Your striker is good. If need a backup, try Balotelli.

Back