SammyJH94

Reaction score
View attachment 267086

Introduction

As you can see i have decided to do a new football manager story with Aston Villa and ill be posting it up on the forum for you guys to follow my journey, ive chosen Aston Villa for a number of reasons and the main one being ive never really been able to stick to a save with a BPL side but with Aston Villa very much a side i believe that i can take to the top im relishing the opportunity to try and make them great.

Expectations

The board are expecting me to finish mid-table and i was happy to take on this challenge as i feel we can accomplish this in our first season but ofcoure you always like to aim high so id be delighted with a top 8 finish but we will have to see how things turn out.

Transfer Plans

I am hoping to both buy and sell before the season starts as i feel the club needs to be strengthened in a couple of positions but also feel that a few players aren't really good enough for my future plans.

Well guys i hope your interested in the story and decide to follow me as i would really appreciate all the feedback from you guys, thanks for reading!

Strongly reccomend signing Sime Vrsaljko, Carlos Fierro, M'Baye Niang and looking for a new CB

Strongly reccomend signing Sime Vrsaljko, Carlos Fierro, M'Baye Niang and looking for a new CB

Cheers man, ill have a look at them cause i really do need new players, what club they at as my scouts don't recognise the players?

Vrsaljko is at Dynamo, Fierro is at Chivas (also look at Erick Torres), and Niang is at Caen in the french league

None seem to be in my database unfortunately but Toress looks pretty sweet, looked online and most of the young talents ive found aren't loaded into the database, oh well, cheers anyway mate!

Vrsaljko is at Dynamo, Fierro is at Chivas (also look at Erick Torres), and Niang is at Caen in the french league

you know if i can change the settings to have them all in the game? im don't even know why there not there lol?

:s strange, even when I use a small database theyre all on there. :S

Fierro you can sign on a free due to him being 16, Vrsaljko can be available for a knockdown of £3M normally. But okay pal

Fierro you can sign on a free due to him being 16, Vrsaljko can be available for a knockdown of £3M normally. But okay pal

Yean but the transfer always gets leaked when offering on a free and the other dude i cant fine but its all good now :)!

View attachment 267483

Pre-Season

Results

View attachment 267498
Pre-Season Analysis

Overall i felt Pre-Season went rather well even though my biggest concern is always to just get the players fitness levels up and i thought we played well in most of our games looking good for the start of the season.

Transfers

View attachment 267500
Ins

Nacer Chadli - As we were short of players in the middle of the park and Bannan became injured i was in need of a winger and having Chadli in previous saves i knew he would of been a good signing although he is prone to getting injured im confident we can overcome it.

Siem De Jong - Was actually stunned to ****** up this very talented attacking midfielder for only 2.8m! was definitely a bargin in my eyes and i feel he can produce the goos for the club and beccome a key part to its success.

Ze Reberto/Alessandro Del Piero - Although these two are advancing in age i feel there will come in very handy as in my eyes they are both still first class players and it will benefit the whole squad having them in there.

Transfer Summary

Very pleased with the players ive picked up as i feel they can all bring something different to the club and for only around 5m spent it was very good business so far, ive also snatched up young Mexican forward Carlos Fierro who will join us next season.

Sorry guys i had to rush it a little as my computer was acting up, id be interested to know whos going to be following so please let me know, next month should be up soon!

Last edited:

Interesting Opening Month for Villa

Villa draw Arsenal in 3rd Round of Capital One Cup

Results

Aston Villa 3-1 West Brom
De Jong, Del Piero, Albrighton

Norwich 3-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 3-0 Yeovil
Agbonlahor(2), Clark

Aston Villa 1-0 Swansea
OG

Player of the Month

Ciaran Clark has to be player of the month in my eyes, nobody really stood out but Ciaran had a few solid games at the back and played well throughout the month.

View attachment 267549

August Review

Overall i felt we could have been better, played very well against West Brom but the Norwich and Swansea games where appualing, we just cant seem to play at all away from home and we were very fortunate to get all 3 points against Swansea and we didnt even deserve a draw, will have to try change a few things to ensure we take more points away from home the more the season progresses.

League Position - 6th

If anyone has any suggestions on things they would like me to add in feel free to ask as im always looking to improve it for you guys.

Your doing well so far mate, you seem to have the same problem as me with away results!

If i was to give you a bit of advice though, i would make your screenshots a little bigger, hard to read even when you blow them up!

KUTGW mate :)

yeah gd luck..i have a soft spot for villa cos i lived in birmingham for 2 years..and my claim to fame is seeing the villa team out walking near to where i was living lol

Your doing well so far mate, you seem to have the same problem as me with away results!

If i was to give you a bit of advice though, i would make your screenshots a little bigger, hard to read even when you blow them up!

KUTGW mate :)

Thanks man :) first time managing in the BPL so just trying to get use to things in the league.

Im not sure how to without them going far to big it takes up about 10-15 spaces, any ideas how to edit them to go bigger so its readable? ive been trying to work it out for about 2 weeks lol! but yours seem a very good size with the next piece of text right below the picture on your story?

Last edited:

View attachment 267681

September

Shock result in COC

Villa finally bag 3 points away in thriller

Good month of results for Villa

Results

Southampton 1-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 1-0 Newcastle
Albrighton

Aston Villa 3-1 Arsenal(COC 3rd Rnd)
Bent, OG, Vlaar

Fulham 2-3 Aston Villa
Albrighton, Ireland, Agbonlahor

Player of the Month

Has to go to Marc Albrighton as he played very well this month grabbing a late winner against Newcastle and opening the scoring against Fulham, played very well so far this season for someone who started in the reserves.

View attachment 267682

September Review

This month was much better than last month especially with me changing tactics throughout the month to try and find a good goalscoring tactic which seemed to work in the very good away result which let me finally sigh in relief we got 3 points away from home, slightly dissapointed at the Southampton score but a great result against Newcastle and knocking Arsenal out the cup made up for that, although im still strugilling to find the key players in the team as nobody is really standing out and im starting to see this as a concern.

League Position - 5th

View attachment 267807

October

Villa manage to grab points in a hard month

Villa's cup run comes to an end in penalties

Results

Aston Villa 1-0 Everton
OG

Man City 1-1 Aston Villa
Bent

Aston Villa 1-1 Arsenal
Ireland

Southampton 1-1 Aston Villa (COC 4th Rnd) (5-4p)
Delfouneso

Wigan 2-2 Aston Villa
Ze Reberto, Bent

Player of the Month

Has to go to Shay Given, kept us in the two big games this month to ****** a draw from each and pull of a countless amount of brilliant saves.

View attachment 267806

October Review

although we only won 1 game out of 5 and got knocked out the cup there was many positives from this month, stealing points of two of the best teams in the leauge and we were 2-0 against Wigan but they somehow snatched a draw and the cup game i felt we should of played much better we faced a penalty shoot out and unfortuanetly were beaten, ill be hoping to grab some wins to put some points on the table.

League Position - 5th

Last edited: