Aston Villa v Wolves

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 657

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's game between Aston Villa and Wolves in the Premier League.

More...

Tough prediction today in my heart both to lose :$

however league position, come on Aston do us a favour...

4-1 sounds good.

Young, Bent, Albrighton, Friedel with a falcon punch into the top left corner, before ripping off his shirt, ******** on the city and running to Japan to help save thousands.

Cos, we're Aston Villa.

I'm not drunk.

4-1 sounds good.

Young, Bent, Albrighton, Friedel with a falcon punch into the top left corner, before ripping off his shirt, ******** on the city and running to Japan to help save thousands.

Cos, we're Aston Villa.

I'm not drunk.
Drunk at this time of the day?
Anyway, Aston Villa to win 3-1. Young to score a screamer and Bent to score 2 easy goals. Kevin Doyle to head one in for the Wanderers.

Drunk at this time of the day?
Anyway, Aston Villa to win 3-1. Young to score a screamer and Bent to score 2 easy goals. Kevin Doyle to head one in for the Wanderers.

As I said, I'm not drunk. |)

Realistically, 2-1 win to us. Our defence without Collins and Dunne is looking thin (in both meanings of the word) but King Carlos is back. Clark is suspended, so Baker will probably move to CB and Delph slot in on the left.

That said, our attack looks brilliant, with Downing, Albrighton and Young behind Bent. Hopefully Makoun and Reo-Coker are paired in midfield. If we start off

Friedel
Walker Cuellar Baker Delph
Makoun NRC
Albrighton Young Downing
Bent

AND we don't let Young near a penalty at all (or a set-piece if we can help it) we may well win. Downing, Bent to score for us, Doyle to take advantage of our shaky defence to set up a tense finale.

Aston Villas starting line up looks really good. Albrighton-young-downing. With a destroyer like Makoun too. One of the best midfields in the league i think. Such a shame that Young will probly move in the summer.

Aston Villas starting line up looks really good. Albrighton-young-downing. With a destroyer like Makoun too. One of the best midfields in the league i think. Such a shame that Young will probly move in the summer.

Interesting you should say that, as I completely agree.

That said, Young really isn't our best player any more and to get 10 mil plus for him would be decent enough business. He's stroppy, always wants to play in the middle and takes set-pieces badly.

Makoun has looked different than expected. Less of a pure destroyer, more of an intelligent harryer, looking to get interceptions and crucially be a link player between the back two midfielders and the attacking band of three, playing lovely one touch football. He simplifies things for Reo-Coker, who is at his best running around mindlessly tackling anything that moves. With this, Reo-Coker doesn't have to try expansive passing, rather just lay it off to Makoun who then does the job creatively.

Our attack looks extremely good, but our defence looks poor as ****. Needs investment in the summer methinks...

I really hope Villa will win. A club of their stature deserves more than 13th place..

Has anyone got a stream?
Hungover and frustrated by every stream not working :(

Time is running out Mr Houllier. Pires on for Albrighton... what was he thinking?

I heard Pires is expecting a new deal too. He is pretty useless on the pitch nowdays. And villa didin't show any determination IMO.

They got a line-up that should do much better and i hope they avoid relegation. Good team with hard times going on. Dont know why.

I heard Pires is expecting a new deal too. He is pretty useless on the pitch nowdays. And villa didin't show any determination IMO.

They got a line-up that should do much better and i hope they avoid relegation. Good team with hard times going on. Dont know why.

good players that SHOULD avoid relegation yes, but do they have the determination or battling qualities for a relegation fight, no

and at this stage of the season, teams able to kick and scrap for points are very difficult to beat, as ourselves, wolves and west ham are proving at the moment

real big worries if i were a villa fan, something just doesnt seem right at the club from where i see it

Back