• Thread starter Thread starter jrl280791
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4K

jrl280791

Reaction score
daily mail.jpg

Athletico Madrid Sack Manzano

Athletico Madrid have announced the sacking of manager Gregorio Manzano. The board have all come to a mutual decision, chairman Enrique Cerezo made the final decision to terminate Manzano's contract. He stated he was looking for a manager that could "force the team into the top 2," breaking the stranglehold Barcelona and fierce rivals Real Madrid have on the league.

Gregorio-Manzano-600x400.jpg

Several managers have been linked with the post:

Rudi Garcia
Garcia has been the manager of Lille in France since 2008. His greatest achievement during his 3 year reign was the Double triumph in 2011.

Rudi-Garcia-edited2_2422266.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti
Currently unemployed following his dismissal from English club Chelsea. The Italian spent 2 years at the London club, winning the English domestic double in his first season, but after a trophy less second season, sadly saw his exit.

Carlo-01.jpg

Frank Rijkaard
Another unemployed manager after a brief spell at Galatasaray. He managed FC Barcelona for 6 years during 2002 - 2008, during which he won La Liga on two occasions and the Champions League once.

Frank-Rijkaard.jpg

Joshua Legg
A rather inexperienced manager compared to the rest of the candidates. However, Legg does possess some mental qualities, in his homeland he enjoyed success with his local side and promoted them through several leagues when they were hot favourites to crash and burn.

Chairman Enrique Cerezo announced he will not rush his decision, and wants to make sure his choice is deliberated extensively, too make sure its the right choice to take the club forward, he is likely to make his decision within the next couple of weeks.

skysports.jpg

Breaking News - From the Vicente Calderon

Vicente_Calderon_A2.jpg

Chairman Enrique Cerezo has announced the successor to the vacant managerial position at Athletico Madrid. His decision was to appoint inexperienced English manager Joshua Legg.

Enrique-Cerezo-se-pronuncia.jpg

Cerezo has said that Legg "expressed phenomenal determination and his willingness to succeed is outstanding." He quickly rose to his new managers defence when questioned about his lack of managerial prowess. "Legg is a young manager with fantastic ambition, which are similar to mine, I am really looking forward to working with him." An interview with the new Los Colchoneros manager will begin shortly.

microphone.jpg

Cinco Diaz Paper - "Mr Legg you sit here as the new manager of Athletico Madrid, is this your dream job?"

Joshua Legg - "I am delighted to be here, Im pleased the chairman has trusted me with this position and i hope to repay th favour shown in me."

Goal.com - "You arrive at the club as the replacement to Gregorio Manzano, do you feel your the right person to take the club to the next level?"

Joshua Legg - "If i didn't feel like i was capable of taking the club to the next level, I would not of accepted the chance to work here. The club deserves success and I will try my best to bring it."

Sky Sports - "Do you know who is already in your plans, for starters the players and will you be bringin in your own backroom staff?"

Joshua Legg - "I think it would be wrong of me to judge the staff and players on first impressions alone. Each player will get there chance to prove there worth to the club, and any players that I don't see fit will unfortunately find themselves moving on. As for the staff I am going to be arranging a meeting to establish everyones aims and goals, and will work from there. I would like to call an end to this press conference, thank you all for your time."

Squad Evaluation

Goalkeepers -
Very young players, but all with good potential. Especially Courtois, who is currently on loan from Chelsea. Asenjo is also a fantastic prospect, and if I dont have the funds to sign Courtois after the first season, I'm going to need to make sure Asenjo gets plenty of game time.

View attachment 222599View attachment 222600

Full Backs -
Our full backs seem to be fairly average. Silvio is first choice right back by a mile, sadly Cesar doesn't look good enough to play at this level. Filipe and Lopez are similar in ability as left backs, so i shall be relying on form and determination to establish the first choice.

View attachment 222601

Centre Backs - Very strong choices for this area of the squad. The obvious pairing is Perea and Godin. However, Dominguez looks like a good prospect, so he shall need some game time. Miranda looks like a player that could be relied on for cover.

View attachment 222605View attachment 222606

Central Midfielders - A strong set of players, Thiago and Diego will be my rocks in the middle of the park. Koke looks like a player that could possess some incredible talent, so I shall be trying my best to keep him at the club and nurture him.

View attachment 222608View attachment 222607

Wingers - Arguably the best area of the squad with Reyes and Turan, but Salvio also looks like he could be very useful in the future. Juanfran looks like he could be adequate cover.

View attachment 222609View attachment 222610

Strikers -
The best player at the club, is Falcao by far. Im hoping I can keep hold of him. Adrian looks like he could be very useful for me too, so i shall be trying to involve him as much as possible.

View attachment 222615View attachment 222616

I am pleased with the players that I have at my disposal, I shall be looking for a right back, and potentially another young striker. But my main aim is to keep hold of the stronger players at the squad regardless of the fees.

Will post my next update at the end of pre-season, and shall let you know of my tactics, and any transfers ins and outs.

good luck i tried this with FM 2010 but failed after 3 seasons..so i hope ypu can do it

Pre - Season & Tactics

Transfers:
  • Danny Welbeck ST - (on loan) some people may frown at this signing, but I believe Danny is a fantastic player, I only have him on loan due to his high value. I believe he can perform extremely well at this level, and surprise the doubters.
  • Ibrahim Affelay AMC - (£1.7m) a player who was transfer listed by Barcelona, for some crazy reason, as I see him as an exceptional player. Will fit in perfectly to my tactics and at the age of 25 can be succesful here for a number of years.
  • Sime Vrsaljko DR - (£1.5m) another relatively cheap signing, will mostly be used as back-up to Silvio. However, his prospects look bright for the future. So nurturing him will be pivotal to how good this lad will become.
  • Giuseppe Prestia DC - (on loan, with a chance to buy for £1.5m) a very very young lad, with a very bright future. Due to Vrsaljko taking up my final foreign player place ahead of Miranda, I needed a useful centre back to rely on.
View attachment 222724View attachment 222722View attachment 222723View attachment 222721

There are only a couple players leaving the club, but only on loan. Cesar is joining Real Union on a season long loan. Paulo Assuncao is joining Cruzeiro in January again on a season long loan for £500k, with the option to buy for £1.4m.

Tactics

As I have shouted about it enough, my attacking force is one of the best in the league. With the strength at the back. Therefore I am going to focus on my attacking strengths, I can hear the doubters whispering already. I am one of those managers, you score 3, well were going to score 4. That's my philosophy.

So my formation is 4-2-3-1...

View attachment 222725

As you can see, I have kept my tactics pretty basic and simple. A fluid and controlled set-up, pressing them high up the pitch, and zonal marking, so to not lose positioning.

Thiago and Mario Suarez are my to central figures in the midfield. I have payed attention to detail here with Thiago being my deep lying playmaker, and Suarez being my head-case in the middle, getting stuck in and winning the ball back.

My three crucial players to this system, Reyes, Diego and Turan. Diego is my Trequartista in a free role, finding the gaps, getting into space and providing through balls to the rest, His ideal role. Reyes and Turan, line-up next to him, as inside forwards. Receiving the ball and running at the heart of the defence. With Falcao playing as a deep-lying forward role spear heading my attack, (god help the two centre-backs on the receiving end of them.)

I also feel it is important to have youngsters, and back-up players who play exactly the same way. Welbeck - Falcao, Koke - Diego, Juanfran - Reyes, Salvio - Turan.

Pre - Season Fixtures

Time to put those plans into practice, with pre-season. I have set up a couple of friendlies which will test the players abilities, and a couple which will practice the formation, tactics and my general style of play. Also, the Euro Cup qualifying rounds, as we enter the competition in the 3rd Qual Round, we shall have a few tricky fixtures before the season kicks off..

View attachment 222728

Im not going to comment on each fixture but will mention a few...

Benfica H
- A very tricky start to pre-season, we coped very well to get a draw. Although, we had some chances to win the game, but the general amounts of chances we created was great. Although, the one sad point was the injury of Turan. Luckily, was not a bad one just a facial injury.

Taurus A/H - Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying Round, a very confident and professional performance. New signing Welbeck getting on the scoresheet, and a hat-trick from centre back Diego Godin was a highlight. The side are really starting to gel well and we are creating 15 - 20 chances in each match. Very positive.

Alania A/H - The final Qualifying Round, was a fairly tricky affair. Travelling to Russia for the first leg, we got an away goal and I was very confident we would get the result at home. Again Welbeck on the scoresheet in the return fixture.

All in all a very good pre-season, unbeaten, and through to the Group Stage of the Euro Cup. A few tricky games at the beginning of the season, noticeably Valencia and Barcelona are two of my first five fixtures. But if I am to push the top 2, although both fixtures are away, I want to try and grab a point from Barcelona and beat Valencia..... So ideally I would like 13 points from them.. However anything less than 10 - 13 points, would be a poor start.

(Will post another update after these 5 league games....)

Good luck mate, notice you got to play Valencia, Barca and Real Madrid all away from home this part of the season.
Valencia away 2nd game of season will be difficult for sure.

good luck mate! I have also recently start an Atletico save because I feel it's quite a challenge because of Madrid and Barca dominating the league.Played with 4-2-3-1 with AMRL inside forwards and an adv playmaker behind lone ST. I decided to terminate Diego's loan because he eats lot of wage, signed Eriksen n Douglas Costa instead.Will keep an eye on this mate :)

Back