Atalanta B.C. - The New Superpower In Italy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7K

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
th

ATALANTA B.C.

Here is my new story (don't worry the joint save with Stonecold is still ongoing) with a side that I have been before a few years back and I enjoyed that so I thought why not go again?

Atalanta is a side that have only ever won 1 major trophy (the Coppa Italia in 1963) so I am naturally aiming to change that and become the new superpower in Serie A and the world!! They have great youth facilities and have produced some great players in the past so hopefully I can twin domestic success with international success with the national team too in time.

About the club.......

--

th

Founded - 1907
Nickname - La Dea (The Goddess)
Stadium - Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
Capacity - 26,562
Main Rivals - Brescia

Did You Know?
- In 1988 Atalanta reached the semis of the UEFA Cup-Winners Cup as a Serie B side - the furthest that a non top division side has ever got in a European competition

--

HONOURS

Coppa Italia - 1962-63
Serie B - 1927-28, 1939-40, 1958-59, 1983-84, 2005-06, 2010-11
Serie C - 1981-82

--

Yaaaassssssssss! Glad you're back with your own story dude. Read the old Bilbao story the other day again at work out of boredom. Hope you pull the Italian Aitor ☺

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yaaaassssssssss! Glad you're back with your own story dude. Read the old Bilbao story the other day again at work out of boredom. Hope you pull the Italian Aitor ☺

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Trying not to mention the "A" word lol

001.jpg

SQUAD ASSESSMENT

So here I am on my first day with a new squad to sort out and with this being Italian football there is so many players on loan as I have 9 players lent to us and on the other hand over 50 of our players are away on loan. Absolutely staggering!!!!

--

GOALKEEPERS

Amazingly my 2 first team keepers are both on loan to us. Etrit Berisha is on loan form Lazio and will probably be my 1st choice while Pierluigi Gollini is on a 2 year loan from Aston Villa and he looks like a player. My best keeper, Marco Sportiello, is on loan at Fiorentina and they have a £7.8m option to buy him!
View attachment 102995View attachment 102994View attachment 102993

--

DEFENDERS

Centrally we have a few options. Rafael Toloi is a 25y/o Brazilian who is wanted by a few clubs will be my main man and on loan Ervin Zukanovic will partner him. I have a £2m option to buy him outright and will try and do so. Mattia Caldara is on loan from Juventus for 2 years and looks a prospect while Andrea Masiello will provide cover also. Methinks I need to bring 1 more in although I do have some versatility with players earmarked for other positions.
View attachment 102992View attachment 102991View attachment 102990View attachment 102989

In the full back areas I have inherited a few pensioners who will be discarded immediately! My left back is Boukary Drame the 30y/o Senegal international who is pretty quick and my right back will be Andrea Conti who looks like he could develop into a decent player. On loan Leonardo Spinazzola will be cover for left back and Dutch defender, Hans Hateboer, will cover the RB position. Once again I may need to strengthen here.
View attachment 102988View attachment 102987View attachment 102986View attachment 102985

MIDFIELDERS

Due to the players at my disposal I am going to change my usual formation to a 4-1-4-1 formation with a defensive midfielder and in that role will be arguably my 2nd best player and top prospect Franck Kessie. The 19y/o can also play at CB and he will be one of the rocks in my team. I will need to bring in someone else as cover though.
View attachment 102984

Up ahead of him in central midfield I have 2 decent players on loan in the shape and form of Bryan Cristante and Alberto Grassi. Jasmin Kurtic also looks decent while Remo Freuler will provide backup. 17/yo Filippo Melegoni has been called up from the U18 squad as I think he could be developed into a star.
View attachment 102983View attachment 102982View attachment 102981View attachment 102980View attachment 102979

Out wide I have my best player on the left in Alejandro Gomez. The 28y/o Argentine is quick and technically excellent and can also play in the middle and on the right. He will have to be my creator in chief for the first season for sure. My right winger will be on loan Frenchman, Anthony Mounier with Marco D'Alessandro as back up. Yet again I will need to strengthen here lol.
View attachment 102978View attachment 102977View attachment 102976

FORWARDS

I pretty much only have 1 decent player here in Alberto Paloschi. If he gets injured I will struggle bady as the backups Aleksandar Pesic (on loan) and Andrea Petagna don't look as though they can cut it long term or even short term!!!
View attachment 102975View attachment 102974View attachment 102973

I played up to the first game of the season and then the new patch came out so I am going to reload a new game and go with Atalanta once again. Shouldn't be too much difference!!!​

Back