Athletic Bilbao able to sign any player database

MWEST94

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of threads asking whether it is possible for Bilbao to sign any players which are not from basque nationality. Well I have been able to, well actually I created a club which is an exact replica of Bilbao but are allowed to sign any player rather than just basque.

Before I upload the database, I need some advice for what to do with the original Bilbao.
  • Do I just remove them from Liga BBVB and name the new team Athletic 2.
  • Set them as retired, then replace them with the new Athletic Bilbao.
  • Or completely delete them!
Once this is complete, I will upload the database as I have pretty much created the replica to the finest detail.

Why do that? It ruins the culture and tradition. If you like Bilbao's players and don't like the Basque restrictions sign them at another club. I'm sure some people will use this though since some people just don't like a challenge.

Why do that? It ruins the culture and tradition. If you like Bilbao's players and don't like the Basque restrictions sign them at another club. I'm sure some people will use this though since some people just don't like a challenge.

I agree, I've actually got a save going with Bilbao. Been at it for 10 seasons and it is hard to try and compete with the best when you can only sign certain players, but it's all part of the challenge. Managed to win La Liga twice, Copa del Ray three times, Europa League once and got to the Champions League final on two occasions also.

Like gogogo golem said instead of going Bilbao you might aswell go another team, but in answer to your question, you might aswell delete the proper Bilbao.

I actually agree with your point about tradition, but with a lot of people wanting to be able to sign any player while using the Bilbao squad I thought I'd make it.