Nyuu~

Reaction score
Title says it all. I had Berbatov all season for Manchester United last season, he scored 3 goals and played 32. Wayne Rooney played ~40 and scored about 15. The only reason I won so much last season was 'cause of Hernandez who scored 45 goals for me (he's a ****** beast now).

My latest concern: I sold Berbatov for £10M and brought in Giuseppe Rossi, I've had him for about 7/8 months now and he's scored 3 goals. I've tried him in many positions and it's just getting really irritating now. The only reason I win games is 'cause of Hernandez & Valencia scoring most of the time.

Giuseppe Rossi is the latest annoyance 'cause of how much I paid for him and it's just simply been a waste. If not for Hernandez, I'd be severely struggling.

Any ideas/suggestions? I'm still in the transfer period at the moment, so I'm even willing to sell/buy players.

Hernandez:

And my first team:

definatley buy a better AMR

also id try playing two up front but thats just a personal preferance

Buy Lucas from Sao Paulo (cheap and fantastic), Agüero (when you have enough money) or try Hulk (he is a fantastic player and is very versatile. Play Lucas as your AMR and he will do wonder for you

Last edited:
When you don't have strikers who score, personally I think it is vital that you have goalscoring midfielders. For example in my Liverpool save, Neymar and Derdiyok are on about 12 each through new year, but then I've got a lot of secondary scoring from my midfielders such as gerrard, mavuba, shelvey, meireles and then obviously my back up strikers like Carroll, Suarez (although he plays mostly on the wing) and hope that your defenders can also pitch in with a few goals. This is the main reason I play a 4-2-3-1 formation because I have always struggled getting the best out of strikers even though I've been playing them in their best role.

I can't see what roles and instructions(probably there is something that collides with Rossi's playstyle and PPM's) to your players, but Giuseppe Rossi is not very suitable as a single forward. You might want to buy someone who is not only pacey with good mental attr but who could also hold up the ball and has okayish heading, jumping and height i.e. complete forward like Drogba.

Last edited:
When playing only one striker up front, I find it most effective to play them as a target man as this will allow them to get the ball and hold it up \ play it off to the midfielders who are joining the attack. Rooney should be able to do this effectively, however you don't want t o take away from his creativity and flair by just lumping balls up to him. I've always preferred to have two up front, one being the classic target man who can score goals, nice and strong with a smaller, quick, creative player who can play off them as a complete or advanced forward

yea i saw Nani, like i said, buy a better AMR

Well, Valencia won player of the year last season for me, I was considering selling Nani and keeping Valencia and see what happened from then onwards.

I can't see what roles and instructions(probably there is something that collides with Rossi's playstyle and PPM's) to your players, but Giuseppe Rossi is not very suitable as a single forward. You might want to buy someone who is not only pacey with good mental attr but who could also hold up the ball and has okayish heading, jumping and height i.e. complete forward like Drogba.

Last season I used two attackers, he was equally as bad. Drogba I tried to sign, Chelsea won't sell him to me as Manchester United.

Here's a list of roles and such:
Rossi: Treq
Rooney: APL (Att) (Sometimes Danny)
Hazard: Winger (Support)
(Usually) Valencia: Winger (Attack)
Fletcher: BWM (Defend)
Anderson/Carrick/Canales: APL (Attack)
Evra: FB (Def)
Vidic: CB Stopper (Def)
Smalling: CB Stopper (Def)
Mariano: FB (Att)/Fabio: WB (Att)

That's what I use right now. Last season it was basically the same except with Rooney as an attacker, Valencia right, Nani left.

Why if Hernandez scored 45 is he on the bench. M A D N E S S!

Why if Hernandez scored 45 is he on the bench. M A D N E S S!

'Cause I was checking Rossi's stats and such when I took the screenshot and I did it via putting him in the starting 11 and clicking him, just taken the screenshot then. :p

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:37 PM ----------

Apologies for the double post, but I recall somebody posting a link to a thread where player roles and such can collide and cause mishaps for your players while they play, would anyone be able to maybe link it for me? I've been searching for about 25 minutes.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:37 PM ----------

Apologies for the double post, but I recall somebody posting a link to a thread where player roles and such can collide and cause mishaps for your players while they play, would anyone be able to maybe link it for me? I've been searching for about 25 minutes.

Cheers.

Your fullbacks and winger duties collide.
Whenever your left winger(Hazard - btw his best role is inside forward/att playmaker left) is on support duty he is less agressive and closer to do the midfield, actually he is often cutting inside(if his stronger foot is the "right" one - left foot left side, right side, because enemy players are showing him on weaker foot and making him cut inside on purpose) => your fullback should be more attacking on that side of the pitch(hugging the line) and making overlaps with your winger(inside fwd).
Whenever your right winger(Valencia) is on attack duty, he is very agressive towards enemy area(he doesn't participate in defense) and your full back should be more defensive minded(support or defend duty) because someone should cover the zone against enemy players and can't really overlap an attacking winger like Valencia(you can overlap inside fwd att with attacking fullback though, but you need defensive minded central midfielder nearby).
Playing with 2 wingers as show in your tactics means a fair amount of crosses and your forward should really have some heading and jumping(unlike Giuseppe Rossi).
If your player is Trequarista he sucks at teamwork and work rate => the other 9 players should "work" for him, support him. You can see it by yourself - whenever you give Treq role to a certain player the tactics editor automatically sets all nearby players' creativity to normal no matter if you give to the team more expressive creativity option. Having 2 attacking playmakers and an attacking winger around the Treq is just an overkill for me, Canales 6.73 avg rating(oO)!) speaks enough about that.

Can't see if the personal instructions of each player are modified and how, but the tactics seems weak to me. However it is just a personal opinion, you are the boss! (H)

Last edited:
Try playing Rooney up front rather than in AMC.

Rooney and Rossi are very, very similar. Try playing one of them in the Deep Lying Forward role, and the other as a Poacher. Should do the trick.

yea i saw Nani, like i said, buy a better AMR

Nani is amazing. Seriously.

Rooney and Rossi are similar, and Rossi is far better with another striker playing off him.
Hernandez - Poacher, Rossi/Rooney - Deep lying forward support/Complete forward support.
or Rossi and Rooney together - Rossi - Deep lying forward support, Rooney - Complete Forward attack.