Aurelio re-joins Liverpool

like i said on another thread looks like the reason they sold insua so i would consider it to be a good deal.

Certainly cheaper and if not better than Bridge, I wonder if this supposed deal is still on, can't take any risks with one left back because Aurelio's quite injury prone.

like i said on another thread looks like the reason they sold insua so i would consider it to be a good deal.
Not really, I still think we'll get a new LB.

I love Aurelio, such a good player, when fit. One of my favourite players, brilliant going forward, good in defence, decent pace, and can shoot/cross like a Brazillian <333

Someone had a dislike for Benitez then

Someone had a dislike for Benitez then

Was offered a pay-as-you-play contract because he's averaged less than 20 league games a season over four years at the club. Turned it down.

Apparantly has taken a pay cut now because no-one else would meet his wage demands for a player with known injury problems.

If our new medical staff can keep him running, superb news. But the reason why he was let go in the first place remains a worry. On past record, he's going to play only 1 in 3 of our games. Cracking player though when fit.

(edit: added in 'league' before 'games').

Last edited:
That's why we do need another LB, Reto Zeigler? Wouldn't cost much, and when Aurelio's fit, Zeigler could play LW to solve our LW problem.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_-lMQQTrk"]YouTube- Fabio Aurelio, goal in Manchester United - Liverpool 1- 4 , great spanish commentator[/ame]

That said, fella makes me happy for the above. But risky move by Mr.Hodgson to sign him again if budget is tight.

Weird though, Liverpool match tomorrow in Germany, both aurelio and insua are in the squad flying out there...

Weird though, Liverpool match tomorrow in Germany, both aurelio and insua are in the squad flying out there...
I'm not sure if Liverpool have officaly said he's left :/ It was on Fiorentina's website. And yeah, Aurelio's been training with the team for a while

I'm not sure if Liverpool have officaly said he's left :/ It was on Fiorentina's website. And yeah, Aurelio's been training with the team for a while

I heard it had hit a snag because Insua doesn't want to take a pay cut and Fiorentina don't want to pay him as much as he's asking for. I had just assumed that meant the deal fell through.

I heard it had hit a snag because Insua doesn't want to take a pay cut and Fiorentina don't want to pay him as much as he's asking for. I had just assumed that meant the deal fell through.

Insua's in the squad for the friendly later today.

Last official Fiorentina comment was that they were having trouble agreeing terms. The unofficial Fiorentina sites were saying end of last week that it would only be a couple more days before he was announced. But if so, it's odd that he's gone to Germany.

Insua's in the squad for the friendly later today.

Last official Fiorentina comment was that they were having trouble agreeing terms. The unofficial Fiorentina sites were saying end of last week that it would only be a couple more days before he was announced. But if so, it's odd that he's gone to Germany.

My thoughts exactly. Hodgson doesn't seem too keen on messing around and if Insua wasn't in his long term plans I can't imagine he'd be in the squad.

That having been said, Fabio re-joining is great for us. I was absolutely gutted when he left.

Good player when fit.

and he's ten times better than Luke Young.

The goal against United! <3

I was gutted when he left and now Im rather happy. Great news.

Back