Australia splits into 8 new countries. Need help with Club Champions Cup.

grimmo20

Reaction score
I thought splitting Australia up into 8 new countries might be a bit of fun.
Making Australia inactive and replacing the smaller Oceanic countries such as Kiribiti etc with the bellow new countries was the easy part. Moving cities, player nationalities, local regions etc to their respective new countries was simple as well.

Northern Territory
Queensland
New South Wales
Canberra (ACT)
Victoria
Tasmania
South Australia
New Holland (WA)

All in all, individual country league systems and cups work a treat as do the national teams (except for some funny pacific islander regen names in the above countries, but thats not a big issue for me right now.)

My big problem is working out a way to create the "Australian Champions League" which sees the 8 League winners and some 2nd and 3rd seeded clubs (for a total of 16 clubs) from the previous season play in a UEFA Champions League style cup.
My idea is simple;
*4 groups of 4 playing each other twice
*Winners of each group go on to play Semis
*Semi winners play in the championship game

Ive jumped into the advanced editor to try and work this out but its got me stumped.

Has anyone had any luck creating their own Club Champions Cup?

Well, not in Oceania, but I've made my own custom Champions League in Europe before.

It should be fairly simple to create it using Continental Rules. You should even be able to use the existing O-League as a template. You simply create each stage (group, semis, final) separately.

Just make sure to specify which nations are eligible, how many teams from each nation enter, and how many teams from each stage qualify for the next stage.

I managed to work out the cup. Wasnt that hard in the end.
The biggest problem I have now is the edited Oceania Nations Cup voids the World Cup, and Confederations Cup and everything associated with it in the game such as playoffs, continental qualifying etc.
The new version of the ONC now consists of 2 groups of 7 international sides who lie within Oceania.
They play each other twice and then the top 2 teams from each group play off to decide the champion and ultimately a direct spot into the world cup and the confed cup.
The new ONC runs like a treat - I just have no world cup action in the game when its selected as active in the editor.

Ive tried to remake the World Cup and have successfully done and have it work alongside the ONC but I cant get the right amount of teams from each continent to qualify.

Do I need to keep working on the remade WC or have I done something wrong in the ONC editor save?

Thanks folks..

will u be uploading this if it is done?

If I get it working I will upload it for sure.

Ive got a few other ideas for alternate Oceania scenarios as well which I want to bash out but hoping to get this one completed first.

Ill get some screen shots up of the current save that im working on when I get a chance.