shapiro

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been playing FM for years (since it was CM) but with this one i'm having serious difficulties playing away from home.
I tried several different tactics with Arsenal, all quite decent at home but almost every away game I get dominated even vs. lower league clubs (Southampton, West Ham etc ..).

I was never a fan of switching formations but rather playing slower, narrower and defending a little deeper away, but can't any success that way. Any Ideas what i'm doing wrong ?

BTW :

I usually play midfield of 3 : a ball winning mid, deep lying mid (arteta) and attacking mid (cazorla) with 2 wingers/inside forwards an a lone striker in Giroud.

After watching extended highlights I saw that the problem starts with my wingers stay further up the field and don't close the opponents full backs. I created a copy of me successful home tactic and pushed the wingers back a little with defensive mentality, hard tackling and closing down in their own half and I can see them closing the full backs down. I also had my wing back stay back a little more.
So far beating WHU 6-0 and SOU 2-0. Hope is continues ...