Awsome Title winning tactic with liverpool 1st season!

istate

Reaction score
After having tried out so many highly recommended tactics by others and not getting much success i decided on creating my own one. Brilliant consistent success!
Philosphy: Attacking football with a sound defence including passing football (cliche i know)
based around: Dutch football style. I dont play with an achor man but i have 2 midfielders normal central midfielders who press more than other players.

I know this is a great tactic because using other highly recommended ones I have not acheived 1st in the league during the first season (although there are still games to play). I am using the same liverpool players i started with and signed just 2 players to make the squad a little bigger; Jelle Vossen (striker), Sime Vrsaljko (a versatile player who can cover in midfield too). Although they dont play too much anyway.

My defensive record is excellent and goal scoring wise it started of brilliant but slowed down a little. but still a good goal scoring record.

I have included my squad and you can see which players played the most.

I have played football manager for years so im not jammy with tactics trust me. However this si the first time I have uploaded anything on a forum!

Please try this out and give me some feedback as I think there is more to be done to this tactic. Questions are welcome as im sure i might have left out some details.

tactic:
Ajax (Liverpool, Jul 2011).tac

View attachment 207703View attachment 207704View attachment 207705View attachment 207706View attachment 207707

liverpool are not in europe the first season so havnt tried. but i got knocked out by villa (jammy gits) at the qf of league cup but just destroyed man utd in the 5th round. im confident this is a good tactic for all competitions to be honest cos of the good goal scoring record and excellent defensive record.

The tactic ypu have here for download is slightly different from your formation/team instructions picture, for example on your picture you have Counter Attack set to 'NO' but when I check the tactic in-game it says 'YES'?? Also your strategy in the pic is Counter, yet in the tactic I downloaded it is set to control???

Steve

Yeah always counter for starting strategy. Make sure to have teamwork for match prep for a while cos players need to get used to the formation

"docent work for me lost to blackburn 7-0"

many things must be wrong. i should have given you a player breakdown. plus your players have to get used to it. its always better to start a brand new tactic at the start of the season so by the start of the season pkayers are fully familiar with your tasctics. my league table results speak for itself. Im still doing well and have beaten man utd twice consecutively 2-1(cup and league).

I will post a player breakdown

The players:

Remember this liverpool team isnt full of world beaters. i have had a much better squad and i havnt got such good results. this tactic really is that good.

Goalkeeper:
Simple its reina
Defenders
def r:
johnson. backed up by caraghar and Sime Vrsaljko (he is a good player for the price and age)

c def r: coates. he is brilliant. he has so far scored 10 goals in 31 games.

c def l: Agger. For some reasons he also scores a lot. 9 ouof 30. it seems to be a distinct characterisitic of this tactic.

The central defenders have to have the usual atributes. heading especially because they score from corners a lot.
I leave all corners mixed by the way. and crosses drilled.
Skrtel plays well there as a no2 for agger and coates.
both centre backs have duty: defend

def L:
Enrique. Usual good right back.

both fullbacks have duty: automatic

Midfielders
central midfielders x 2
I have played with mainly lucas/Adam/henderson. Lucas played almost always and then adam next. DUring injuries when I have been desperate i have played Vrsaljko and he doesnt let you down.
both of these players have a very high pressing game. so keep that bar to 85%ish
both have duty: automatic

left wing:
played suarez at the start (inside forward) and although i kept the right winger as a normal winger i kept this side as 'inside forward' because bellamy also plays well here. Rodriguez can also play well there.

right wing:
kuyt. he is basically the best you inherit the team on the right side. rodriguez plays very well on this side.

Downing has played as much as bellamy and and playes either side. he has played well. I have rotated the side well. Plus injuries force you.

attck midfielder:
Gerrard. Rodriguez plays well here too as a number 2. But you have to look to buy better for the future.

Striker:
Started off with carrol and thats why suarez played on the left but established carrol is a pile of c@#p.
Vossen plays more than him lol.

for the last for players duty: attack.
teamtalks i try not to get agressive too often unless its a half time bad result. i learnt during another career not to abuse it. I usually take the assistant managers advice on teamtalks and 85% of the time listen to his advice.

Is your AMC player is both playmaker and targetman role ? did you use ops inst and shouts ?

Last edited:
i used now shouts. i tried to keep it as simple as possible.

"Is your AMC player is both playmaker and targetman role ? did you use ops inst and shouts ?"

yeah the AMC is a playmaker and target man. ball at feet

Have started a new game with Blackburn, and I have to say, the results are pretty impressive. Have just completed pre-season, routing teams (weak ones, admittedly) and defeating Serie A giants Napoli and Roma 3-2 and 2-0 at home, respectively. What catches the eye the most though is the sublime brand of football that this tactic brings. Will update more as my season progresses.

Keep up the good work istate! :)

Has the tactic been removed? Couldn't upload it for some reason.