BA boss handed key Liverpool role

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 368

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
British Airways chairman Martin Broughton is confirmed as Liverpool's new chairman.

More...

It's a small step forward. They have until January 2011 to complete before the banks pull the plug and take control of the club.

Who we get next must be a concern, as well as ensuring that the leeches definitely do get totally out of the club by the January 2011 deadline they've been given by RBS and Wachovia. Level of debt on the club once the new owner is installed is another worry - if we get another person who throws debt onto the club above and beyond anything for a new stadium financed over a long term deal , we're going to be a mid-table team with a pretty stadium at best until it's all cleared.

Fun fact: if you take the total amount of money the club is in debt and has paid out in interest and fees solely for the debt arising from H&G taking over the club (ie not including the 60 million debt taken out to pay for Torres, Macherano etc), we'd have been able to buy our own new stadium. Or even more amusing, instead, we'd have been able to outspend Manchester City and Chelsea combined in the transfer market since the Yanks took over. That's how much those idiots have crippled our club.

It's a small step forward. They have until January 2011 to complete before the banks pull the plug and take control of the club.

Who we get next must be a concern, as well as ensuring that the leeches definitely do get totally out of the club by the January 2011 deadline they've been given by RBS and Wachovia. Level of debt on the club once the new owner is installed is another worry - if we get another person who throws debt onto the club above and beyond anything for a new stadium financed over a long term deal , we're going to be a mid-table team with a pretty stadium at best until it's all cleared.

Fun fact: if you take the total amount of money the club is in debt and has paid out in interest and fees solely for the debt arising from H&G taking over the club (ie not including the 60 million debt taken out to pay for Torres, Macherano etc), we'd have been able to buy our own new stadium. Or even more amusing, instead, we'd have been able to outspend Manchester City and Chelsea combined in the transfer market since the Yanks took over. That's how much those idiots have crippled our club.
about time you got out the mire, lets hope the same can be said for united

about time you got out the mire, lets hope the same can be said for united

We're still deep in it mate. By rights, July this year was also a deadline for them finding 100 million to pay down the debt or being thrown out of the club by the banks. That's obviously not happened, but there may be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel with this new independent chairman being introduced onto the board and breaking the deadlock there which means Hicks isn't going to be able to quibble over prices and valuations and holding onto part of the club.

Your lot seem to be in for keeps. It's a nice little earner for them which I guess is the key difference with Liverpool - our two needed the supporters onboard and needed to invest in order to graduate to Glazer's level of leeching. Glazer walked into almost a ready made environment for it. Live in Manchester myself, so I have a lot of sympathy for the lot who just disowned the club totally and went to FC. Until you get that daytripper support to stay away, it's always going to be quids in for Glazer I fear.

We're still deep in it mate. By rights, July this year was also a deadline for them finding 100 million to pay down the debt or being thrown out of the club by the banks. That's obviously not happened, but there may be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel with this new independent chairman being introduced onto the board and breaking the deadlock there which means Hicks isn't going to be able to quibble over prices and valuations and holding onto part of the club.

Your lot seem to be in for keeps. It's a nice little earner for them which I guess is the key difference with Liverpool - our two needed the supporters onboard and needed to invest in order to graduate to Glazer's level of leeching. Glazer walked into almost a ready made environment for it. Live in Manchester myself, so I have a lot of sympathy for the lot who just disowned the club totally and went to FC. Until you get that daytripper support to stay away, it's always going to be quids in for Glazer I fear.
they have their claws in nice and deep on us, its more hope than anything else that red knights can doanything having said that, maybes its better the devil you know?

i dont think you're as deep in it as you think, there will always be good offers, and broughton will make it happen. but the fa, premier lleague and government need to sit and take a hard look at this and find a way to protect our clubs. i have no problem with foreign investment, as long as its done in the interest of the club first and not thier own pockets

Back