• Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

savan21

Reaction score
Steve McClaren Sacked
View attachment 228546 View attachment 228547 View attachment 228548
In a press conference held at The City Ground, Nottingham Forest Chairman Nigel Doughty announced the decision of sacking Steve McClaren from the job. This decision comes as a shock to many of the followers of the club as well as football world as Steve was just hired by the club in the summer and was expected to take the club to new heights after failing to get promotion again. Mr. Doughty stated that Steve McClaren and he had differences about the transfer budget and in the end he couldn’t handle the ego of the ex England Manager. He indicated that he’s looking for a young manager, who can work putting his ego aside and help take the club to its previous heights.

Despite, Mr. Doughty’s announcement of trying out a young and fresh manager, experts have already given their odds of who the new managers could be,

Kevin Keegan
Stuart Pearce
Phil Brown

and Surprisingly

Billy Davies is also linked with the job

Nottingham Forest Announce New Manager

Savan Shah was today formally introduced as the new manager at The City Ground by club chairman Nigel Doughty. Savan Shah is an ex Semi-Pro player and previously managed few school clubs as well as his local club. It has been heard that Shah was recommended to Mr. Doughty by Club legend Stuart Pearce on whose recommendation only did Mr. Doughty agree to offer Shah, a relatively unknown a chance to manage the former European champions. The response by the club supporters hasn't been very enthusiastic till now and no one blames them. Putting a unknown at top is a big gamble by Mr. Doughty and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Excerpts from Press Conference

Q- Mr Shah, you sit here as Nottingham Forest Manager, how do u feel?

A-Brilliant. I am delighted the chairman has trusted me with this position and I'm raring to take the club back to its glorious heights.

Q-You arrive as a replacement for Steve McClaren who didn't have a good relationship with the board on matters of transfer budget, what do you think about that?

A-Whatever happened between Steve and the board is none of my concern. I've talked to the board and I'm happy with the budget given to me.

Q-So, the budget given is enough to win you championship?

A-We'll have to wait for that(grinning lightly), but we'll be challenging for promotion for sure. That'll be all for today. I've to go to the training ground and talk to the lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back