Backgrounds and Sound?

Whoover

Reaction score
Hi there, been having a few problems with FM2008 - hoping someone can point me in the right direction or offer an explanation.

First off, I just can't get my backgrounds (english league and non-league stadiums) to show up during matches or when looking at team data. I am running 8.0.2 and have already successfully loaded logo's, facepacks, kits, club logos and some skins.

Currently I am using Flex_right as my skin. But don't seem to able to get backgrounds to show at all? I have them located at

User>docs>fm2008>graphics>backgrounds

in two folders (eng & eng nonl). Nothing. Nada. Anyone help me out here? Do backgrounds not work on Flex?

Secondly, I appear to have lost all sounds, not even the cheer at boot-up. Anyone else ever have that happen? I wanted to load a new soundpack, but no point if there isn't any sound at all! As far as I'm aware this happened when I dowloaded BBC iPlayer, I've removed it now, but still nothing?

Cheers.

Okay, thr have been some developments. After saving my game (following the addition of the Stadium backgrounds), which was something I hadn't done before, I now get the stadium shot as a background during matchday. However.......it doesn't go away. It stays there until the next matchday, or until I confirm changes on the Preferences screen (even though I haven't made any)?

This also happens exactly the same way with some Serie A player backgrounds I have included.

???