Backroom staff and key attributes

• Thread starter Thread starter fm20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 24K
F

fm20

With a coach I'm looking for determination, discipline and motivating along with a high score in their coaching speciality. An U18 coach will have more focus on working with youngsters. Scouts are all about the judging ability/potential (for me, mostly the latter).

But what about the rest - what are the ideal stats for a DoF, reserve manager, U18 manager or even a physio (does anything other than their physiotherapy score make any difference)? I always check them out, reasonably thoroughly at least, but it makes it easier to draw up a shortlist by searching on the attributes!

This should help you and others I think

Director of Football:-
Adaptability; Determination; Judging Ability; and Judging Potential
Head of Youth Development:-
Adaptability; Detemination; Level of Discipline; Motivation; Working with Youngsters; Judging Potential; Tactical preferences similar to your own; and a good personality eg. determined or model pro or ambitious etc.
Assistant Manager:-
Adaptability; Detemination; Level of Discipline; Motivation; Man Management; Judging Player Ability;Judging Potential; Tactical preferences similar to your own; and a good personality eg. determined or model pro or ambitious etc.
Coaches:-
Adaptability; Detemination; Level of Discipline; Motivation; Man Management; Working with Youngsters; and then their coaching attribute
Reserves Manager:-
Adaptability; Detemination; Level of Discipline; Motivation; Man Management; Working with Youngsters; and Tactical Knowledge (if you don't set them to play the first team tactics)
U18 Manager:-
Adaptability; Detemination; Level of Discipline; Motivation; Working with Youngsters; Judging Potential; and Tactical Knowledge (if you don't set them to play the first team tactics)
Scouts(inc. Chief Scout):-
Adaptability (or knowledge of the nation you wish him to scout); Determination; Judging Player Ability; Judging Player Potential; and Tactical Knowledge
Physio:-
Adaptability; Man Management; Working with Youngsters; Physiotherapy; Fitness Coaching; Motivation; and Level of Discipline

*Adaptability is only needed for staff that can't speak your native tongue or lack the knowledge of an nation/region in which you wish to use them.

PM me if you have any questions

Last edited:
Really struggling to know what to do about U-18 coaches. There's not many 4* plus coaches for my 1st team as it is, so I don't want to have them in the U-18's. What should I do? Has anyone got any ideas? At the moment my U-18 ratings are poor and I need some better coaches.

Really struggling to know what to do about U-18 coaches. There's not many 4* plus coaches for my 1st team as it is, so I don't want to have them in the U-18's. What should I do? Has anyone got any ideas? At the moment my U-18 ratings are poor and I need some better coaches.

Move your best youth prospects to your first team and have them training with the first team but make them available for reserve matches. By doing this your giving them the best training.

Back