Bad Form

• Thread starter Thread starter Sparkle22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4K

Sparkle22

Reaction score
I posted a few days ago and didn't get a reply, and now - before I throw my computer out of the window - I thought I'd try again.

Simply put - I had a LL team that obliterated the low (Swedish) div. that it was in, in my first season- then after promotion, and a few tricky games - sailed to the top of the next div. and were largely unbeatable - winning 6 and 5 games in a row consistently.

But - - 6 games from the end of the season - we started to lose.
And we only just held on to 3rd place.

But now in the 3rd season - I cannot win a game! Okay - I've won once in 9 games, but are firmly at the bottom - relegation faves etc..

Seriously?! What causes such massive down turns in performance? It just isn't real, is it - and I'm starting to question the game mechanics now??

I didn't mess with tactics, formations, team talks, line ups... nothing. We just went from not being able to lose for two seasons - to not being able to win. At all.

In the off-season I bought 5-6 new players (all awesome and young), but have rarely played them (when I did they were poor) - and I know this can affect the team sometimes. I also sacked the old Captain (which the board hated) - but he was useless and old and never got a game anyway. And besides - we were losing before I sacked him..

But what else should I be looking for - as I think I have tried everything??
I even did the - reset everything slider to default, put in old starting line up and no micro management - still lost 0-2.....

Help!

thx.

You answered your own question, you can't keep the same tactics week in week out. Try an away tactic and a home tactic, also rotate your squad your players get complacent if they are in the team consistently. Team talks you need to mix them up too, your players won't listen to you if you use the same route over and over again. Hope this helps mate :)

Just because you havent changed, doesnt mean the opposition hasnt. Of course its real, they now play more cautious and defensively as a whole against you. There is nothing massive about the downturn, you just havent reacted to changing circumstances.

Dont look for gamey answers like reset everything slider to default, put in old starting line up and no micro managementof course it doesnt work. apply logic, watch the games in more detail, use the match anaylsis tool to sport how your attacks are breaking down

Admittedly - the opposition managers were criticizing me for boring and predictable tactics - but it was working very well!
That said, I did adjust slightly according to away/home/favourites etc.

I also rotated players. Annoyingly, the old players who I started with are now all old and their stats are failing fast - (the new kids are way superior, and I know about bedding-in time etc. - but the old guys just weren't cutting it.) - and yet my useless ***. man. keeps saying that these old dinosaurs are the best strikers/midfields - despite the awesome new talent that I've signed.

I have now tried default/safe/easy tactics which are just getting draws but as soon as I go to any kind of attacking movement - I end up with no shots on goal and no possession, even with attacking/safer passing - and every combination therein.

After watching a 1-2 loss to the worst team in the division just now - my team is now so down: my players just hoof it out at the first sign of attention, they refuse to run for a 50/50 ball, their shooting is embarrassing and the 'dawdling' and indecision on the ball is laughable.
And the worst thing is - despite all the careful/nice cuddly team chats and private chats I have with the boys, which generally get a good reaction off the field - 10 mins into every game I have 2-5 players yellow carded! The discipline is staggering. And 80% of them are nervous all the time.

I really have tried everything for nearly 40 games. And btw - I have regularly won leagues with English teams many times - I have been playing for quite a few years so not a total newbie.

Maybe it's just the Swedes?

Well.... I have 4 other clubs offering me jobs - I may just pack up my desk.....

Thnks for replies.

Back