Bad week cost Man Utd - Ferguson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 982

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson says "one bad week" might have cost his Manchester United side the chance of glory this season.

More...

Losing to Burnley cost you the trophy ;)

Ahh.. typical. :S

Typical? What the **** you on about.

On topic. This season has been like no other, the smaller teams have beat the top sides, i think losing to chelski cost us the title, if that is the case

This is as close as Fergie will ever come to conceding a title so I believe he thinks the race is over

This is as close as Fergie will ever come to conceding a title so I believe he thinks the race is over
yeah, hes an optimist but hes not mad. we'd need a miracle on sunday. either way its been good. for all the talk of missing ronaldo an tevez, our problems actually came from the midfield. either hargreaves comes back with bang next season or SAF has to buy a quality centre mid, one who play through the middle upto dimi, anderson must step up after his injury the way nani has in the last several weeks

It could be said a number of things cost us. That week where we lost to Chelsea was obviously a horror and we'd be top if we hadn't lost to them, but tbh only having one fit defender in December didn't do us any favours!

Losing to burnley didn't help either. ¬_¬

It could be said a number of things cost us. That week where we lost to Chelsea was obviously a horror and we'd be top if we hadn't lost to them, but tbh only having one fit defender in December didn't do us any favours!

injurys happen mate, we have been without our most influential player all season.

Pretty sure you didn't have nearly 10 defenders out at one point though.

Not 10, but we have been missing 3 of our back 4 (Ivanovic, Bosingwa, Cole) for long periods. Our injuries may not have been as bad but **** happens. You have to accept it.

Pretty sure you didn't have nearly 10 defenders out at one point though.

if anythink over the last 3 odd years we have had the worst and most injuys but we didnt moan about it , well i didnt at least, it happens if your a good club you deal with it.

if anythink over the last 3 odd years we have had the worst and most injuys but we didnt moan about it , well i didnt at least, it happens if your a good club you deal with it.
ajw was hardly moaning when he said it didn't help.

Facts are at one point evra was are only fit senior defender. That didn't help, which is what ajw was saying.

But like you said, injuries happen. You can't make excuses over them because they happen to every team and i don't thin ajw was trying too.:P

but like themadsheep2001 said they still have the best defensive record in the league so surely it didnt effect them as bad as we are making out here.

but like themadsheep2001 said they still have the best defensive record in the league so surely it didnt effect them as bad as we are making out here.
actually it did. united are just very good at digging in, team works very hard for each other. not to mention against wolfsburg in particular we basically played all out attack just so we wouldnt have to defend as much ^^)

Seriously :\ If chelsea fans think that having the defence is out for a month, then hopefully they can experiment, perhaps it may happen to Chelsea next season, would love to see Frank Lampard playing as a centreback ... but it wouldn't happen because Chelsea don't have sense, if it happened to them they'd go "OMGWTF" *ring ring ring* Hi can i please buy Mr Chiellini for 200Million? Kthxbye!.

It just shows how chelsea haven't been that amazing seeing as when they had players out eg. Drogba, they were dicking teams by baout 7 goals ^^

Seriously :\ If chelsea fans think that having the defence is out for a month, then hopefully they can experiment, perhaps it may happen to Chelsea next season, would love to see Frank Lampard playing as a centreback ... but it wouldn't happen because Chelsea don't have sense, if it happened to them they'd go "OMGWTF" *ring ring ring* Hi can i please buy Mr Chiellini for 200Million? Kthxbye!.

It just shows how chelsea haven't been that amazing seeing as when they had players out eg. Drogba, they were dicking teams by baout 7 goals ^^

that was just pure bullshit mate haha. we had to play essien and ferriera at centre back last season at one point. and that last point dosent even make sense mate seriously so ******* funny!

i'd rather have Essien (a pure brickshit house) as a CB than Patrice Evra and Michael Carrick ^^

Back