Bafana Bafana!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Treaders
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Treaders

Reaction score
View attachment 227420

After south africa's emergance at the 2010 world cup i thought i would continue there journey further into the footballing world.
I join them unable to win there African Cup of Nations Qualifying Group and Also looking for some friendlies to finish 2011 off in style.

We managed to set up a couple of friendlies,
Away To Hong Kong,
Away to Rwanda,
Home to Jamaica and
Home to Canada.

We also had our last qualifying game at Home to Sierra Leone

The Squad

The south African squad boasted some extrememly talented indivisuals. Most play there football in there native country Although Some have moved into Europe playing at some of the Biggest clubs in the world

These Key Players include,

View attachment 227421
Former Porto, Blackburn & West Ham Striker Benni McCarthey. The striker has now returned back home to play for the Currant South Africa Premier Soccer League Champions Orlando Pirates. He currently has 79 Caps and 31 Goals for his country.

View attachment 227422
Siphiwe Tshabalala, South Africa's best player at the world cup Plays his football for The Kaizer Cheifs, The 26 Year old winger Currently has 59 Caps and 7 goals.

View attachment 227423
And Currant Captain Steven Pienaar. The 29 year old who's Previous Clubs include Ajax, Everton and Tottenham Hospur has 57 Caps, Scoring 2 Goals.

Reports will follow from our opening 2 Friendlies.​

Vs Hong kong.

With the news that i wouldnt have captain Steven Pienaar, Siphiwe Tshabalala and Kagisho Dikgacoi available for my first game i looked at a few younger players, i still had plenty of experience with McCarthey and Mokoena aswell as exciting youth through the likes of Tuliani Serano, Siyanda Xulu and Andile Jali.

View attachment 227433

I started with a 4-1-3-2 Formation, Handing a debut to Xulu. In the second half Mokotjo and Jayiya also got theres.

View attachment 227434

Well a fantastic start as we recorded a comfortable 2-0 win, Debutant Xulu got the opener with a header after 7 miutes and benni McCarthey got his 32nd South African Goal with a penalty just before half time. Xulu was awarded Man of the match although Masilela had a great game at left back,

View attachment 227435

Vs Rwanda

After a positive result last time out we were full of confidence to visit Rwanda, with the travelling taking its course i decided to make some changes, a debut to keegan Ritchie as well as starts for Mokotjo, Mokoena and the recalled Lehlohonolo Majoro who was added to the squad as a replacement for Sangweni who was suffering with illness.

View attachment 227603

We took the lead on 17 minutes, after some good build up play it was left to veteran Benni McCarthey to smash the ball home from 8 yards after a good start, Just 3 Minutes later we doubled our lead with Ajax's Thulani Serero scoring a spectacular 30 yarder to give us a 2 goal cushion.
On 37 minutes sorero was in the action again as his surging run was ended when he was tripped in the area which left Benni McCarthey to slot home for a commanding lead. At the break we made 3 substitutions, and changed style to 4-5-1.
Just after the break we were awarded a 2nd penalty when Mokoena was fouled in the area, with no McCarthey on the field it was the pacey Sigolela who slotted home to take our lead to 4, We then added a fifth, 5 minutes before the end when the impressive Sigolela Added a free kick to complete the rout.

View attachment 227605

Man Of the Match

View attachment 227611
Thulani Serero

Next up is Sierra Leone in a months time.

Squad Announcement

I have released the squad for the final Africa Cup of Nations Qualifying game against Sierra Leone, With few Suprises Captain steven Pienaar returns, Siyabonga Sangweni is also back and theres a call for in form Midfielder Suprise Moriri. Tshabalala and Benni McCarthey Miss out due to injury,

View attachment 227618

After deliberation with my team i decided to stick with the 4-1-3-2 formation that has done us good, with pienaar returning being a huge boost,
And it was pienaar who provided the spark in the first half, unfortunately he was rather wasteful. As the secongd half began i knew all we needed was a bit of magic and we would hit our straps, and that came just after the break when Majoro skipped past 3 players before slotting the ball home 2 give us a much needed lift, But the joy was shortlived as 5 minutes later, sierra Leone had there first corner and took full advantage as Sankoh was left unmarked to plant a free header into the corner and get Leone Level.
Just on the hour mark the game twisted into Leone's favour, After a cross came into the box Jali's outstretched leg deflected the ball into the net and gave Leone the lead, As the minutes ticked away we pushed and pushed and looked unable to score when on 83 minutes the pressure paid off and substitue Khuboni Slid the Ball in afer a great cross from Masilela, and with 7 minutes plus added on time left it was anybody's game. Sierra Leone came close 2 a winner when Kallon Missed a free kick but that was it and it was a disapointing 2-2 draw, although i was proud with the mentality the team used to come back from behind.

View attachment 227620

Back