Bale named Wales' player of year

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham star Gareth Bale wins top honours at Wales' annual football awards, Aaron Ramsey and Ashley Williams also honoured.

More...

Not surprised, ever-growing talent. Shame Ramsey got that injury, could have been a good challenge between him and Bale.

"Annual", it's not like he's been 'great' for a year...

I don't understand some people saying that hes not performed consistently enough for a long period. All he can possible do is play as well as he can when he's played and hes done more then that.

No-brainer award, World Class player.

World Class is thrown around far too easily.

I agree, but I can only see maybe one player (Malouda), better then him in his position, so i think that he is therefore World Class at his position.

He is also only 21

I agree, but I can only see maybe one player (Malouda), better then him in his position, so i think that he is therefore World Class at his position.

He is also only 21

untill he moves to a bigger club he wont be world class :P

Not world class yet..

He's been in good form the last year just like Jimmy Kebe but people say he's not world class.

Good player, best Wales have got.. Good on the lad. :)

He is also only 21

In the league perhaps. Definitely not the world.

untill he moves to a bigger club he wont be world class :P

If he was at Man Utd everyone would be saying he is World Class.*

*Which he is

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

In the league perhaps. Definitely not the world.

I'm talking about on form, look at the way he has easily adjusted to Champions League football as well.

Not world class yet..

He's been in good form the last year just like Jimmy Kebe but people say he's not world class.

Good player, best Wales have got.. Good on the lad. :)
While Jimmy Kebe, on the other hand...;)

Deserved award for his current form. Mind you its only welsh player of the year. Not many top welsh players who could have been in the running for it.

Definitely not a world class player yet although he is a very talented player. Still has a lot to do but he hasn't done anything wrong yet.

Just read this now:

Ramsey wins Wales Young Player award

Aaron Ramsey
has been named Wales Young Player of the Year at an awards ceremony in Cardiff.

The Arsenal midfielder was honoured at the Brains FAW Awards Evening on Monday despite spending much of the year recovering from the broken leg he suffered against Stoke City in February.

Ramsey, who also won the Young Player award last year, produced a man of the match performance for Wales against Scotland at the start of 2010 and is regarded as his country's most promising young talent.

Arsenal.com

How has Ramsey won it when hes been injured most of the year?

Just takes the **** out of players who have been playing.

Bale won it for being very good for half a season - the same amount of time Ramsey played.

EDIT: And, really, who else other than Bale and Ramsey can win the award?

Please just stop with your constant bias moaning/whining/generally annoying behaviour.

The one person you are obsessed about has won an award whilst playing well since the end of Feb. If he can do the same this season, then he is world-class. Not until then will I ever call Bale a world class player.

Bale won it for being very good for half a season - the same amount of time Ramsey played.

EDIT: And, really, who else other than Bale and Ramsey can win the award?
ashley williams, whoever he is

Seriously though Joe Ledely was alright last year and Bellamy

Back