• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 695

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Wales and Tottenham great Cliff Jones says that Gareth Bale can fulfil his ambitions with Spurs rather than join a European giant.

More...

I agree too. I think if he moved to a huge club e.g, Inter, Barca I dont think he would be starting every game like he is at Spurs and he is to good to be sitting on the bench and being rotated. Or would he start every game?.............

He would probably start at Inter or Madrid, Barca he wouldn't. But he's only young so saying this is a bit premature.

I think he should go to Newcastle :P He should stay at Spurs as long as they keep where they are / improve, bring in a couple new players i.e left back and GK and a couple back up players for when the big names are injured.

I think he should go to Newcastle :P He should stay at Spurs as long as they keep where they are / improve, bring in a couple new players i.e left back and GK and a couple back up players for when the big names are injured.

I wouldn't say that a Left Back is needed, maybe a back up, but BAE has made that position his own and is one of the most consistent performers in out team. A striker(s) is a must.

I wouldn't say that a Left Back is needed, maybe a back up, but BAE has made that position his own and is one of the most consistent performers in out team. A striker(s) is a must.

I dont watch Spurs much, but I always thought HR liked to play him as a left winger nowadays? And I dont rate Essou-ekotou(major spelling check needed). Your need a more prolific striker as well, and a decent keeper!!!

I dont watch Spurs much, but I always thought HR liked to play him as a left winger nowadays? And I dont rate Essou-ekotou(major spelling check needed). Your need a more prolific striker as well, and a decent keeper!!!

Yeah, Assou-Ekotto (BAE) is our Left Back and is fine. We need two quality strikers tbh but there isnt a lot available.

I think Pav and Keane will most likely leave in the summer. Aguero would be an ambitious signing but he is the type of quality that Spurs should be trying to attract. Benzema and Falcao could be decent options too

I think Pav and Keane will most likely leave in the summer. Aguero would be an ambitious signing but he is the type of quality that Spurs should be trying to attract. Benzema and Falcao could be decent options too

Keane will go I believe and I think Pav will as well even though he's the best striker we have tbh :/ Crouch will be kept because he is 'usefull' and Redknapp will never sell Defoe because hes twiffic. Although Aguero would be an unbelievable coup, he wouldn't fit the mould that we need. We need someone big who can hold the ball up and usefull in the air. Hulk and Falcao have been linked in the past week, either of those would be brilliant and I think we will put a lot of enquiries in in the summer for some top players...

Hulk, Falcao, Llorente would all be great options.

All capable of holding the ball up, but also good with the ball at their feet. I think he'll stay this summer, but if you don't make UCL next season then he'll go to United to replace Giggsy..

Keane will go I believe and I think Pav will as well even though he's the best striker we have tbh :/ Crouch will be kept because he is 'usefull' and Redknapp will never sell Defoe because hes twiffic. Although Aguero would be an unbelievable coup, he wouldn't fit the mould that we need. We need someone big who can hold the ball up and usefull in the air. Hulk and Falcao have been linked in the past week, either of those would be brilliant and I think we will put a lot of enquiries in in the summer for some top players...

I think Aguero would be a good foil for Defoe, similar to how United play with Rooney and Hernandez. I watched Porto the other week in europe and Falcao really impressed. He's great in the air and with his feet. Hulk has been transformed into a winger and it seems to suit him well with his devestating shots from range, so I'm not sure he'd be the answer. Llorente would be a good buy, but that would firmly push Crouch aside. If I'm honest, I don't think Defoe and Crouch are good enough to push for the Champions League, and if I were a Spurs fan, I wouldn't be too bothered about seeing any of the forwards leave except Pav. He needs a good run in the team and he will find form.

On the topic of Bale, I don't think he will want to leave just yet. He has a great manager who has built a good team. I believe Bale chose Spurs over United because he wanted more first team football, so I can't see a big move coming this early in his career.

Hulk, Falcao, Llorente would all be great options.

All capable of holding the ball up, but also good with the ball at their feet. I think he'll stay this summer, but if you don't make UCL next season then he'll go to United to replace Giggsy..

I think that statement is absolutely SPOT ON!

If Spurs dont make the CL for next season or the season after then he will be on his way (if he is still playing at his top level). I think he will either end up at Utd (although whether Utd will splash out is uncertain) or i think he will move abroad to Spain to Madrid.

Back