Ballack Joins Former Club After Chelea Release

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
Michael Ballack has agreed to rejoin former club Bayer Leverkusen, after his release from Chelsea. He has signed a 2-year deal with the club.

MORE

As a Chelea fan (;)) im pleased that he has finally gone. Wasn't a big fan of his and he didn't seem to look half the player he was at Bayern.

Give's us a chance to bring through the young and talented Nemanja Matic :)

Chelski were paying him way too much for a player who was past it IMO. CM isn't exactly weak though is it. Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Matic, and Deco(although he will probably leave aswell). Apparently taking a pay cut to rejoin them, but still getting a hefty wage packet.

good luck to him, i was watching our season review dvd last night and he scored quite alot of goals at the start off the season.

Good move for him, I suppose.
Most German players seem to play best at home anyway, so it will be interesting to see if he can finish his career on a high note at Leverkusen.

Good for him. Never been a good fan and not sure if he was already on the decline when he signed for Chelsea but he wasn't as impressive in the EPL as he was in the Bundesliga.
An important player historically, nonetheless. Best of luck

Good for him. Never been a good fan and not sure if he was already on the decline when he signed for Chelsea but he wasn't as impressive in the EPL as he was in the Bundesliga.
An important player historically, nonetheless. Best of luck

Defintely. Then again, he was a 'free transfer', so its not as bad as if they had paid 15m for him/

Bayer will have a good player in Ballack and he was never really progressing at Chelsea,so I guess this is a good decision for both parties.

good luck for the rest of your career michael you wasnt at your best at chelsea and i disliked you at times but you still scored some important goals for us in your time at chelsea and put in some good performances

Swish buy for them, big pay cut though, sure he was on 120k at Chelsea.

Swish buy for them, big pay cut though, sure he was on 120k at Chelsea.

Yeah, Ballack to any club for free is a good transfer. Has been confirmed on the Bundesliga site aswell - HERE First story at the top.

I didn't like him at Chelsea, but he's a good player. I think he will do pretty well at Bayern Leverkusen.

With Cole and Ballack gone, its a nice 300k off the wage bill, new signings after the WC maybe?

With Cole and Ballack gone, its a nice 300k off the wage bill, new signings after the WC maybe?

300k is a large exaggeration considering Ballack was on apparently around 120k/week. I highly doubt Cole's got anywhere near 180.

300k is a large exaggeration considering Ballack was on apparently around 120k/week. I highly doubt Cole's got anywhere near 180.

Mehh, I know but if you include bonuses and **** :) Only and exaggeration by 50 odd k.

Well done goal - you finally got something right!

Although according to goal he is still on around £90k p/w which is a lot for a not very big club..

Probably saved them <£200k p/w £300k seems a bit far lol

if you add belletti on top then yer its more like 300grand mate. i worked out it would save us 14million a year.

Back