Balotelli Released on a Free? :O

• Thread starter Thread starter gazza0123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

gazza0123

Reaction score
Playing with my Napoli team in my first season and get an agent message offering his client mario balotelli, to my supprise it says offer contract, man city released him on a free!! :O anyone had this before? searched the forum and couldn't find anything haha shocked me :P

not balotellie but i did get tevez on a free at qpr in the first season

yeah its his attitude that usually gets him dumped from Man City. I got him to come to Iceland in last years's game cause he was such a distraction.

happened to me in FM11. I thought about signing him but it turns out injuries and attitude ruin his potential. He was struggling to break into Serie B sides in Italy.

In my City game I gave him a free as soon as he became impossible to deal with.....which was probably by November or so. He's just not worth it when you can buy anyone to replace him.

Not worth signing at all, one of the worst players to deal with.. if you praise him he disagrees if you tell him off he has a strop, rarely reacts well to team talks and has a **** attitude so never reaches his potential. He's an example of how some players are a little TOO hard to work with, in real life he is a bit of a **** but recently Mancini has been able to improve his attitude by building up a good relationship with him, I think managers in the game should have their own influence attribute which determines their ability to work with stroppy players and improve their attitudes.. Rant over ;)

In previous games he was almost always available for free after about 3/4 seasons (whenever his contract ran out), he'd spend most of that time on the transfer list, but nobody else could afford his wages. Maybe FM have rectified this but getting City to give him the sack.

On a related note, does anyone else think it would add to the game if players like this could see a late boost to their CA. So for example Balotelli has been trouble at City ended up struggling in Serie B and you managed to get hold of him at about 26/27, put your arm round him and get him to finally decide to turn his life around, he could still be a class player. But in FM once he reaches 25/26 he can't get any better

This happened to me in my parma save in the 1st season just after january, i signed him but he wasn't playing good then he was unhappy when i was fining him so i sold him to porto in the summer for 17 million so nice bit of buisness done

I got WALCOTT! On a free to SPARTA PRAGUE in November 2013! True Story, but I was surprised when I saw him free and taking tests at bayern, gave him all the money I had for wages :p

Back