Bank threatens to sell Birmingham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 602

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Investment bank Seymour Pierce warns Premiers League side Birmingham it will sell the club unless owner Carson Yeung pays a £2.2m fee.

More...

Yet more problems with these foreign owners. This is what happens when you sell out in search of quick fortunes.

haha i know i thought that the chairman was giving mcleish 40 mill to spend in transsfer then why cant he pay a 2 mill fine or what ever it is?

Carson has had a real positive effect on the club since he has took over.
He promised us funds, which he gave us in January. However our Boss was sensible and didn't just buy for the sake of it, and we are on course for a best finish in the top division.

We have seen many times before, what a change in ownership too often can do; Portsmouth, Newcastle etc.
I just hope that Carson and his men pay up, get rid of this silly investment bank, and get on with the fantastic job they are doing!

Keep Right On!

I don't think its the amount aspect, I think its the principle, that Yeung then went and used another adviser to seal the deal to buy Brum.

Wtf. I thought this was the guy who has been giving Mcleish tens of millions to spend on players :S

He has given it him, Big Ek just isn't going to waste it on rubbish.
Hmm...........like Benitez! :D

For proof; We bid £14mil for Roman Pav from Spurs, but Harry wouldn't let him go! :(

And in Jan he spent 3mil on Michel from Sporting Gijon and 3mil on Craigy Gardner from the Villa.

And you almost payed 11m for grafite,

Yep there was rumours going around about that.

And we were the team that noticed Dzecko playing so well, so when he ends up at Arsenal or whatever, Mr.Wenger should be thanking us for bringing him to his knowledge.
Mind you, Wenger could start an argument with an ant, so he will probably find something to moan about, or.....he will say its evened things out, after all our horrific tackles on his players! :D:D:D

He hasn't paid up yet not because he can't afford it, but that he disputes that he owes the amount. It will be settled. The bank will not have any control over Birmingham City Football Club.

Back