Bannan joins Leeds on loan

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan has joined Leeds on loan for the rest of the season

Good signing for Leeds if you ask me, he's going to rip the Championship to bits if he can get his early season form back..

Thoughts?

Good move for both clubs and player. Should do wonders for his confidence if he manages to capture his early season form. Don't try to hard to get Leeds promoted though Bannan ;)

If he plays anything like Eric Lichaj it will be a poor move for both Leeds and the player

Will rip championship defenses into new one. He has excellent left foot, thought he will make a grade at Villa this season.

Good signing for both teams. If he gets his early season form back he will rip the championship apart

VERY good player. With Delph back its fair enough to let him go out on loan. He's the best passer of the ball at Villa bar none, and a month or so in the Championship will do him good.

If he plays anything like Eric Lichaj it will be a poor move for both Leeds and the player

Eh? Isn't that the same Lichaj who got into the team of the week on his debut?

Anyone know what number he's got? I heard same as Villa number 25?

VERY good player. With Delph back its fair enough to let him go out on loan. He's the best passer of the ball at Villa bar none, and a month or so in the Championship will do him good.

Yes, the same one who was at fault (awful positioning) for both goals when they Drew 2-2 v Norwich

He should do well in the Championship, been fairly promising in his villa preformances

Yes, the same one who was at fault (awful positioning) for both goals when they Drew 2-2 v Norwich

You quote one game, I quote one game. I fail to see how Lichaj's move has been bad for both clubs, and especially for him.

Leeds fansite said:
Eric Lichaj has been a fantastic acquisition to cover Connolly at right back, and Grayson should really look into extending his loan. His defensive work, bar his attempted goal line clearance, was excellent, and his pace is phenomenal. One run in particular will stand out, winning the ball in his own half, strongly running before feeding Snodgrass, then putting on the afterburners to fly past the Scotsman in support.

Last edited:
You quote one game, I quote one game. I fail to see how Lichaj's move has been bad for both clubs, and especially for him.

He has lost confidence and Leeds are conceding plenty of goals, 10 in 4 games, 3 of which have been at home

He has lost confidence and Leeds are conceding plenty of goals, 10 in 4 games, 3 of which have been at home

And that's ALL to do with Lichaj, is it? Rubbish. Dunno what your vendetta against him is, looks like you've seen one poor game (although as you can see from what I quoted, from a match report, it doesn't look so poor after all) and decided that he's rubbish.

But this thread isn't about him. Good to see Bannan getting some playing time, hopefully he comes back a better player.

Whenever i've seen this lad play he's performed well, if he helps Leeds get promoted i can see him staying at Elland Road next season, hes a Leeds type player.

good player, he will own in the championship imo

Whenever i've seen this lad play he's performed well, if he helps Leeds get promoted i can see him staying at Elland Road next season, hes a Leeds type player.

Not a chance, I'd hope. Houllier sees a great deal in him, and if you watch closely his performances have been maturing even this season. We'll have him back, but he did well with Blackpool last year and maybe two promotions in two years for Barry?

Great signing for Leeds!! Will tear new *** holes for championship midfields, very quick feet, quick brain, and does the simple things very well! He worried me when playing against us because he looks dangerous! If he can worry premier league teams, he will no doubt worry championship ones.

Only weakness is his one sidedness feet wise

Godcubed was very positive in his description of Bannan for me so hopefully he turns good. My only concern is he is quite lightweight and our midfield is already lightweight enough as it is. If he replaces Kilkenny I won't mind too much as he seems to be a better version of him. Even with him signed I'm not confident for our promotion push due to our **** defense but hopefully he can help us outscore teams.

He only got in the team since our only RB is injured. I would expect Connonly to be first team when hes fit again

Lichaji has been a decent signing. He's got good pace and is decent going forward. Also got good throws. He has been ok but the rest of our defence is **** so I can complain about him.

came on for the last 7 mins tonight. "Bannan even looked to release Gradel with an incisive pass in the second minute of stoppage time as Leeds looked to break and the new arrival was showing good energy and a good touch." Sounds decent, even if it was just 1 thing

Last edited:
3 defeats in 4 games, great loan signings lolol

3 defeats in 4 games, great loan signings lolol

If only you actually watched Leeds. He's got good attacking flare, but he does leave him self exposed sometimes. Can't blame him for our defeats. For instance, Livermore's passing turned the game to Derby yesterday.

Back