Barcelona Version 2 Help

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 845

MWEST94

Reaction score
I wanted to create a football team that resembles Barcelona style of football and are similar to each of their first team players. I was going to use Arsenal as they play in a similar way to Barcelona and have quite a good budget, they also players which suite the style of some of the Barcelona players.

Please can you list players which are similar to players in the Barcelona first team.

Here is some players I'm suggesting:

GK Victor Valdes: Szczesny
WBR Dani Alves: Sagna
WBL Abidal: ?
DC Puyol: Vermalen
DC Pique: ?
DMC Busquets: Song/ Javi Martinez
MC Iniesta: ?
MC Xavi: ?
AMR Messi: ?
AML Pedro: ?
FC Villa: Walcott/ Rossi

I would appreciate it if you could name players which are similar to the Barcelona players and can suit their style :)

Well Ramsey and Wilshere can be your Xavi/Iniesta

Messi is not AMR, at least not last season. Pedro is not AML he's AMR, villa is actually on the left. So wallcott could be your Pedro, he is more similar to him than villa anyways.

Van Persie, may be able to play the messi role to an extent, he is very technical and creative, but a little slower and not as good of a dribbler, but definitely try it first don't sell RVP. Sell Chamakh and if you can afford it get Giuseppe Rossi to play the Messi role and RVP the Villa role.

But check some Barca tactics first and try to use your current squad as much as you can, because transfers are quite expensive.

Cheers for the help TK. Do you think Hazard, Neymar, Eriksson or Goatz (Dortmund) could fill the Messi role.

Neymar can absolutely fill the Messi role, Hazard, Eriksson and Gotze can play like Messi circa 2008, but his new role requires him to be a finisher. Check the tactics you are going to use first. Older Barca tactics relied on Eto'o/Ibrahimovic for goals, so the players you need for each role will depend on the tactics.

Gotze, Eriksson and Hazard are more like Iniesta I believe - Technical and creative with good dribbling. But all have fairly poor finishing so they need to be providers.

Back