• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 524
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry is in talks with Manchester City about a move to Eastlands.

More...

yeh i dont think he will go tho because man city aint gunna be playing u europe but al least villa are if he is going to go to any team i think it will be liverpool or arsenal coz thm 2 teams hav been wanting him and the r in europe but he might go to man city for the money

Problem he has is that he wants to leave Aston Villa but they've basically set the price so high that only City are stupid enough to offer it - if he doesn't go to City and no-one else will match the price then Villa are positive that they'll force him to stay there til the end of his contract next summer - World Cup year isn't it, so not good if he becomes a pariah and ends up playing only for Villa's reserve.

he will go to man city cus he's a prat hope he dose leave the villa for city an city flop an dont even get into europe be funnyXD

What a slap in the face for Villa fans (of which I am one)
He says he will stay one more year to try and gain Champions League football with Villa and now 11 months later he is talking to Man City!??
You can only assume that the manager and board have not given him the assurances he needs over new signings coming in at the Villa, and he sees Man City being more competitve and closer challengers to the top four?
How sad. I dont` mean to sound like a sour grape but if he had gone to United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea I would be more than happy for him. As it stands, I hope City have a shocking season, fail to get in to Europe (again) and he loses his England place.... how bitchy! lol

5 Live have just said it's now agreed. 12 million quid.

I just read on BBC that he agreed the deal and has gone. I totally agree with sf49ers, I would vastly rather see Barry do well for Liverpool than Man City, I am also a Villa fan ;).

Meh O'Niel is good so maybe hes got his eye on someone for 11m or something

Barry is a great player who I respected lots.

However, the fact he has moved to Man City is dissappointing.

They finished below Villa and have looked no where near as good. Yes they have lots of money but do you think they will break into the top 4 next year and get CL football? I don't regardless.

Lost a lot of respect as he has clearly gone for the 90k+ a week.

If City is where he wants to be then fine but I would have preffered more money. City are loaded, we could have pushed our luck? Or forget the fee altogether and take Richards and Hart as a swap??? ;)

bad move barry..

you want champions league football? my backside you do.

man city are gonna get relgated in the next 10 years thier trying to do what chelsea done but its not working

villa on the other hand are getting better and better each year

saty with them barry !!!

Spanish radio are reporting Kaka has signed for Real Madrid for 56 million! AGP (French news agency) is carrying the story so wondering whether it's true...

Maybe Villa didn't leave him an other option? "Sign now or be sold" so they get something for him unlike in 12 months time. As stupid as it sounds helping the team by leaving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back