Basque Bonanza

• Thread starter Thread starter craiigman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

craiigman

Reaction score
Anyone else giving the Athletic Club, Basque only challenge a go this year? I know it's been done before, but I know a lot of people are turned off from it because it can simply come down to luck (Regens etc). But I'm going for it this season!

Anyone giving it a go?

I'm having a shot. Trying to sign Benat but Betis want ~£20m and thats not happening. Also trying to sell Llorente before the end of the summer as I don't want him leaving for a free at the end of the season. Apart from that I'm struggling to find anyone else to buy so might have to make do with the current squad.

I'm having a shot. Trying to sign Benat but Betis want ~£20m and thats not happening. Also trying to sell Llorente before the end of the summer as I don't want him leaving for a free at the end of the season. Apart from that I'm struggling to find anyone else to buy so might have to make do with the current squad.

There are a few good buys to look out for I believe. However getting your youth squad to be amazing is the main aim as it will mean better chance of younger players.

I would also like to point out in a couple of seasons (or so) when say Arteta or Alonso are looking like they are on their way out they will be good additions to add some experience to the youthful side you are building.

About Llorente, is there no way to get him to stay? I mean I think i'd rather have his goals for a season than say £10M-£15M to spend on, well no one really.

I was going to do to this but chose to guide a Liga Adelante team to the top...

You should check the history, in times of struggle they allow players from some other regions to join so you might be alright to get one or two guys from the surrounding regions if you're struggling...

Good luck with it...

About Llorente, is there no way to get him to stay? I mean I think i'd rather have his goals for a season than say £10M-£15M to spend on, well no one really.

That's what I was thinking. If you don't want him to leave, offer him a new contract? If he'll take it.

That's what I was thinking. If you don't want him to leave, offer him a new contract? If he'll take it.

He won't stay. If you try to offer him a contract you get the red speach bubble saying "My client is not interested in talking to your club"

He won't stay. If you try to offer him a contract you get the red speach bubble saying "My client is not interested in talking to your club"

What if you don't offer him a contract right away and in Jan (When other clubs can contact him) you are doing amazing and then offer? May have to try that way around.

But still, I'd prefer him for a season than get money for him. His goals could be worth much more than the amount you can get for him.

What if you don't offer him a contract right away and in Jan (When other clubs can contact him) you are doing amazing and then offer? May have to try that way around.

But still, I'd prefer him for a season than get money for him. His goals could be worth much more than the amount you can get for him.

I'll give it a go if no-one comes with the £24m I'm asking for. My other problem I've got now is that all the players I want to sign play for Real Sociedad and so won't join.

I'll give it a go if no-one comes with the £24m I'm asking for. My other problem I've got now is that all the players I want to sign play for Real Sociedad and so won't join.

im doing a bilbao game too i would list lorente for his minimum fee release of £31.5mil as when i did that my director of football sold him to totenham pretty much the next day so if you only list him for £24mil your missing out on £6mil

I'm guessing you've progressed in the game and are out of the transfer window, but you could've tried unsettling them.

Just started this save and obviously the first thing is to sell Llorente and straight away Spurs, Arsenal and Juventus are in for him, but will be interesting building from the youth and hopefully getting some good regans in too

trick I used with Bilbao:
dont sell llorente in the summer, as soon as the fist transfer window ends (sept 1), transfer list him for 31.5 mill (his release fee) and totter ham will come in and buy him for his full price and agree to sign him in january
so you get to keep llorente for half a season and also get 31.5 mill in January to buy a replacement :D not bad

Back