Bath City, First season in the Prem and failing BAD!

• Thread starter Thread starter LgsLord25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2K

LgsLord25

Reaction score
After a succesful 9 years I was able to secure promotion to the Premier League with Bath City (Start of in BSP)
and I need help. In January 2020 currently lying 20th in the premier league, I'm currently having the hardest season of my Football Managing career and I need help.

As you can see I'm Last and 8 points from 17th

View attachment 222478View attachment 222483

My Board and Owner have stayed the same and offered hardly any financial support, this was the first season I've had a transfer budget and personally its not sufficient enough to build a Premier League survival case. But i'm making around £1.5m profit each month.

View attachment 222479 View attachment 222480

My current squad is quite in depth but moral is low and they all perform badly, I guess some need to settle in to the team and the team needs to gel but its been half a season.

View attachment 222481View attachment 222482

I'm using the same tactic I started using in League 2 when my first tactic stopped having an effect and I bought and sold the player who fitted into that tactic. Its just a basic 4-4-2 with nothing but Short Passing. I used to have it on Quick Tempo and Attacking in the Championship but both stopped having an effect on bigger Premier League teams.

View attachment 222484View attachment 222485

Please help, I'm lost for idea's and I don't want my first season in the premier league to be a failure..

I'm going for a **** and when I come back I would like some suggestions, Thank you.

Team Meetings may help on the morale side, try to bring in some veterans with high Determination,Bravery, strong characters to spur the team on.Bring in coaches and staff with the same attributes.
Play defensive against everyone but the bottom 5/6 just try and scrape it.
When the new season comes get rid of all the surplus and only bring in quality and the all-important veterans.

Private chat with some of your better, senior players and tell them they haven't been playing well enough. Sometimes it works on a few players. If it works on a striker and he starts banging them in you'll be 17th in no time.;)

pray.

Basically what the first two guys said is probably the best things to do. Really no other way around it.

Thank You. I'm not really a religous man but.. I'll give it ago

i had the same problem with radcliffe borough my man!,

all i done was change to 4-5-1 play on the counter..kept on doing team meetings whenever possible and it seemed to work?
i know it doesnt seem like great advice but thats all i done and it worked ok,

check the scotland team and their u21's i picked up quite a few players from them..mainly from celtic and rangers and they really made a difference!

anyways..alot of hard work,patience and a good will to live (lol) will work wonders :) im now in europe,top 4 challenger and carling cup winner 2 seasons running! (i no the carling cup isn't great but i went 8 years without winning a single thing so its massive to me)

forgot to add..congratulations! and good luck :)

View attachment 222507

I don't have a DM to play 4-5-1 with otherwise I would it is my favoured formation as well as 4-2-4

I have looked at Scotlands U21's but non seem interested or would fit in my team, I usually raid the holland U21's, U20's potential world stars hidden there who jump at the chance to play in EPL

Last edited:
Same problem with Hartlepool couple seasons ago, basically team meetings and pestering other teams for decent loan players. Think i scraped 17th by 1 or 2 points by doing it.

Just got relegated, gonna build up a team next year to destroy the prem with. Should have a new stadium aswell and all I want is a new owner because mine is awful, expecting me to survive in the EPL with £7mil budget!? stupid.

Back