Bayern who?

Reaction score
TSV 1860 München
I have done many seasons on football manager with various sides and a few foreign sides aswell, but this time i wanted to give myself the challenge of taking the smaller club in a city and try and make them as big or bigger than their city rivals. So who better to be than a team who shares the ground with their counter-parts? 1860 Munich play their home games at the allianz arena and get an average crowd of around 30,000. I know it will be tough but the foundations are in place to make this club as big as Bayern.

View attachment 247416
A Brief overview of 1860
1860 Munich have won the Bundesliga once in 1966 but are currently in the Bundesliga 2nd division after being relegated from the German top flight in 2004. Their last trophy win came 19years ago when the lions won the German division Bavaria. I hope to put an end to their wait and get into the Bundesliga and start challening the likes of Bayern and Dormund. We have been given 33-1 odds to win the league so the bookmakers believe we have work to do.

The squad
I imagine most of you reading this won't know the players that play for 1860 Munich, as i didn't, but i will give you a brief run down of the key men for me:
View attachment 247417
Gabor Kiraly
Im sure most of you remember Gabor Kiraly that used to play for Crystal palace and Burnley (yes the one who wore tracksuit bottoms instead of shorts). He has been at Munich since 2009 and will be a key man he is 35 but as you can see from his ratings is still a quality goalkeeper.
View attachment 247418
Daniel Bierofka
Daniel Bierofka is now in his 2nd spell with the lions after joining in 2007 but has been marred by injuries throughout his career. Daniel needs to be instrumental as my only central midfielder, im hoping his work rate and determination will be great factors in helping me achieve promotion (and that he stays fit).
View attachment 247419View attachment 247420
Daniel Halfar and Stefan Aigner
Both these players are similar, good old fashioned wingers, i have managed to tie them both up to new contracts as Daniel was wanted by Hoffenheim and Stefan wanted by Hannover, Nurnberg and Werder Bremen and i couldn't afford to lose them.
View attachment 247421
Benjamin Lauth
Benjamin Lauth is my key, top quality striker, hence why he is wanted by Leverkusen. Lauth is back for his 2nd spell with 1860 Munich after starting his career with them in 2000, Benjamin has made over 180 appearences for the Lions and im hoping this season he can improve on the 16 goals he scored last season, a lot to ask but i think he can do it!

Staff and Fixtures
When i took over the job the first thing i did was look at the staff and realised they was all poor, so i realised every member of staff apart from one assistant manager (yes i had 3) and replaced them with the likes of Dietmar Hamann and Argentinas national sides coach Julio Olarticoechea:
View attachment 247422
The Big news regarding fixtures is that i managed to arrange a massive game against our stadium sharers Bayern Munich, our board have estimated this will bring in around 600K to help the club, here are the rest of my fixtures:
View attachment 247423

I will have updates on the transfers and the start of the season shortly, hope you enjoy the story and please follow guys!

nice one mate, following :)

brave move going for a foreign club let alone bayern's rivals. do follow my story: 'manchester united- the next generation'

cheers

Transfers and first month update

Transfers
View attachment 247514
When i took over 1860 the board gave me no transfer budget and a wage budget of 105K i asked them to increase this and they increaswed it to 130K. All 4 players i have brought in are for back-up to my squad apart from Iberbia.
Xisco Nadal
View attachment 247515
Xisco will provide more than adequate cover for stefan aigner, He has spent most of his career at Villarreal but his last team was Levante where he made 25 appearences in the Liga BBVA, so you may say i have signed a top quality player who could easily start instead of Aigner.
Danny Da Costa and Ivan Ergic
View attachment 247516View attachment 247517
Danny is a young centre back with a big future on loan from Leverkusen and will provide cover for my defence. Ivan is an experienced centre mid who has been at clubs such as Bursaspor, Basel and even Juventus. He will provide cover for Colin Benjamin or Daniel Bierkofa in centre mid.
Raul Iberbia
View attachment 247518
I was really struggling to find a left back and desperately needed one so in the end i had to settle for Iberbia on a season loan from Estudiantes.

July

View attachment 247519
The stand out result from the first month ash to be the 6-1 defeat by title favourites Frankfurt! I have to say i thought this game would have gonea bit better but infront of a sell out 50,000 at Frankfurt my team got played off the park. However we bounced back the following week against Aachen, after going 1-0 down Djordje Rakic and Daniel Bierkofa scored in the last 10 minutes to win me the game. Rakic now has to play upfront for at least 6 weeks as my main man Benjamin Lauth has suffered an injury in training. The final game of the month was away at non-leaguers Meuselwitz, in the end it was a comfortable andmuch needed morale boosting 3-0 win with Stefan Aigner scoring and the non-leaguers scoring 2 own goals. We have been rewarded with an away trip to Bundesliga side Hoffenheim... For those of you wondering wat formation i play it is 4-1-3-2.

Next update to come soon, fingers crossed i can build on the Aachen result and not suffer anything like we did in Frankfurt again.

I'm following, a good read so far.

Is this thread still going? i have just found ou how to follow (bit behind the times) and like this forum. i have posted my own stories in here too.

Hope it's still running and good luck

I'm following, a good read so far.

Is this thread still going? i have just found ou how to follow (bit behind the times) and like this forum. i have posted my own stories in here too.

Hope it's still running and good luck
Mate he hasn't updated in over 2 months, I strongly think he's not posting anympre

Back