BCFC1 - Pentagon Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter bcfc1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

bcfc1

Reaction score
After the results from the poll I took, I am starting a story on attempting the Pentagon Challenge. For those of you who don't know what the Pentagon Challenge is, the Pentagon Challenge is to attempt to win all 5 Champions Leagues around the continent ( UEFA Champions League, Copa Libertadores, AFC Champions League, CONCACAF Champions League and CAF Champions League). You must start your career unemployed and with the lowest level of experience possible.

View attachment 112881

For those who have seen my stories before or been involved in chairman games with me will know the name Gonzalo Flores. Gonzalo Flores was a winger for me on an old save of FM. He joined as a free transfer at the age of 19 and retired at the club aged 37. He became the most decorated player in English football history winning 15 league titles, 9 Champions Leagues and plenty of other team trophies as well breaking Messi's record number of World Player of the Year trophies (9). He held pretty much every record at the club by the time he retired and once he did retire he became a member of my staff for the rest of the game.

View attachment 112880

These are the leagues that I will be starting with. I am avoiding Europe and South America until I have a higher reputation and I will be hoping to start in South Africa or Asia before then moving to North America.

Every time a get a new job I will give a brief history of the club before giving monthly updates on my progress. I've not done many stories before so let me know how you are finding it and if you have any ideas on how I can improve it then they will be appreciated.

View attachment 112835

Witbank Spurs announce Flores as manager

After 6 months of looking for a job, I finally found my first job at the lowly Witbank Spurs. Witbank currently sit 2nd bottom of the South African 2nd division. The season is currently 17 games into a 30 game season which means I have 13 games to turn the club around and hopefully reach mid table to set up a more successful 2nd season.

View attachment 112834

As you can see from the clubs history they have never been a successful club with an empty trophy cabinet. I don't know if they will be the team to win the CAF Champions League with but after applying for any job that came up I am happy to finally get into management and hopefully a good performance with Witbank Spurs will lead to a bigger team becoming interested in me.

View attachment 112739

January

View attachment 112738

A perfect start to my reign as we sneak a 2-1 win against better opposition. This win took us out of the relegation zone by goal difference and hopefully we can use this to start looking towards safety and maybe even pushing higher.

View attachment 112737

And straight back down to earth with a battering. We were extremely poor in this game and didn't deserve anything. This also took us back into the relegation zone. We have the worst away record in the league this season which is something that needs to be improved if we want to stay up.

Next Month

In February we have 3 league games and also the first round of the SA cup. I'm not too interested in the cup at the moment although the money could help the club a small amount as we are currentlly 400k in the red. This will probably mean there will be a big change in personnel in the summer as the bigger earners are moved on for cheaper options.

View attachment 112297

February

View attachment 112296

A late equaliser got us a decent result against looking for promotion this year. Points like this could make a big difference by the end of the season. Lucky Khune looks to be the best goalscorer at the club at the moment. He is always on the end of chances. He may end up being my version of Defoe.

View attachment 112294

Another point picked up away from home is a decent performance but we do need to get a win from somewhere if we are looking to get out of the relegation zone. We are just 1 point from safety but its only going to be a couple of wins that really get us safety.

View attachment 112293

A disappointing result that leaves us 4 points from safety now as our nearest rivals won an easy game against bottom of the table. Amazulu are one of the top teams in the league however so it isn't the worst result. As this is the last league game of the month we will finish February in 15th position and 4 points from safety which is a worse points difference from when I took over the club.

View attachment 112291

Some good news from February is that we won our game against Baroka to go through to the 2nd round of the cup. Baroka are a team in the top division so this win was a big surprise. We played well but had a very nervy end to the game after they scored in the 87th minute. They had 3/4 more chances after that goal but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

Next Month

March could be the deciding month of the season as we face 2 of the teams down at the bottom with us and have a game against top of the table. This has to be the month where we pick up some wins and some vital points. We also have the next round of the cup which is helping bring in some money for the club.

Back