Beating The Blues: A Chelsea F.C. story.

• Thread starter Thread starter JakeDrisc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 9K

JakeDrisc

Reaction score
Hi,
My names Jake, I'm 19 and am a law student from New Zealand (if you don't know where that is watch Lord of The Rings, that's the rural side of my country except with where I live there is real people, lots more modern buildings and technology rather than hobbits dressed like Amish folk who are forever walking to mountains)

I was originally born in Ireland and moved to England where I lived till I was 7, my parents are both kiwis though so I also consider myself one. I love football and thought I'd give writing a story for you all a go.

I'm going with a more candid novel-based story that I'll will slightly tailor to be more real-life as opposed to you reading about me winning constant trophies (although with luck this will happen).

Feedback and following would be muchly appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Further woes for the worrysome Blues.

View attachment 236197
Di Matteo GONE, Abramovic's Club is a 'sinking ship' Says Insider

An unnamed former Chelsea F.C. favourite has called his former club a 'sinking ship' after yet another manager jumped off the managerial carousel that is the Chelsea hot-seat since the departure of the 'Special One' Jose Mourinho's in 2007.
View attachment 236198
Filled with a dressing room of supposed prima donnas who are well passed their used-by according to some avid fans. The Pensioner's are really in a state of The Blues.

Odds makers are well... at odds about the next manager to take over at Stamford Bridge but Rafa Benitez is coming in at 2/5 followed by Gianfranco Zola at 9/2, also murmurs of former England and Arsenal stalwart Jake O'Driscoll have had him come in as a rank outsider; although his is the name on some fans lips, after he was spotted moving back to London after his time in his native New Zealand.

Go to our website www.telegraph.co.uk for up-to-the-minute happenings surrounding this story.

View attachment 236200
KEVIN KEEGAN: O'DRISCOLL NAMED BLUES NEW GAFFER

Friends, Englishman, Chelsea Fans lend me your ear. Your teams latest moves smacks, reeks and screams of desperation. As a student of history I learnt that oligarchs never gave in to pressure of the masses, hence why they were oligarchs; so as a student of the game we all know and love I never thought I'd see the day when Roman Abramovic would name a manager his 'fans' wanted. It's crazy, and trust me if anyone knows the darker side of Mr. O'Driscoll it would be myself and most likely his mother.

Let's look at O'Driscoll's background shall we. Considered the 'one who got away' from the second wave in Fergie's Fledglings recruitment drive, he decided to stay at Durham City to be close to home for the remainder of his secondary-school years, however at 16 moved to the Newcastle United where we had first contact.

Don't get me wrong the kid was, and the man still is, an incredible talent; one shudders to think just how much better the colossal Manchester United team of the Giggs, Scholes , Beckham, Neville's and **** era would have been with himself and Scholes pulling the strings from the center of the park. After just a few games with our youth-squad I moved him into our reserves and after 6 months he made his first-team debut at the tender age of 16. However my opinion after that game and my opinion now is unchanged, he did not posses the mental prowess when he first stepped onto the big stage. He was always bright, but he needs to work his way into his own smarts as opposed to just going out there and knocking it out in his first at bat.

He became a constant fixture in the first-team, normally in a substitute role. I'll never forget the brilliance and vision he showed in our promotion year of 1992-93 as a young man, a F.A. Cup fourth round tie against Rotherham was particularly memorable where he seemed to glide past player after player and seamlessly split the defense in two with attacking through-balls and direct passing. After our promotion to the Premier League our relationship went sour, here I experienced first-hand what Mr. O'Driscoll was like when feeling the pressures from management, something he will undoubtedly walk straight into at Chelsea. His lack of first-team football in the Premier League made him volatile. He felt like wasted-talent playing reserve football and I demoted him back to our youth-squad for a needed reality check. With this happened he lashed out, unleashed the young boy that had been hiding behind the facade of a well mannered professional footballer and traveled to London to mingle with the rich, the beautiful and the famous. Unexplained he missed two weeks of trainings and youth games whilst in London and returned out of shape and finally tested positive for cocaine a few days after returning. Needless to say I was shocked and immediately terminated his contract with our club, a role-model for our youth could not be seen performing such acts.

The rest is history I suppose. He was immediately signed by Arsenal where he cleaned up his act, became the face of the team he the captained at 21, played 653 games for his club scoring 126 goals and dishing out 180 assists in his glorious career, won 3 Premier League winners medals, 5 F.A. Cups and a League Cup. He also amassed 81 caps for his country scoring 34 goals however his international career was delayed by eligibility questions surrounding what nation he would play for and then ended with a horrific injury in Euro 2004 which saw an immediate decline in his career resulting in him retiring from the game in 2006.

If success as a top-level player meant success as a top-level manager he would be world-class; likely to be an all-timer; however we all know it doesn't mean diddly when trying to translate football game into managerial savy. Ask Roy Keane, Alan Shearer, Paul Ince and Gianfranco Zola how much it helps; and with no offense to the managers or teams they looked over Sunderland, Newcastle, Blackburn and West Ham are not Chelsea. Chelsea is it's own beast, a poisoned chalice of late.

Let's look at his background outside of playing shall we.

He was an Youth Coach at Bayern Munich in 2007 where his Under-19 team was runner up in their Championship and won the U19 Bundesliga Crown. In 2009 he moved to his home of New Zealand to work in the media and has recently moved back to London.

That's it, that is all he has behind him except his coaching badges. I would of hoped that Abramovic had learned his lesson on hiring young inexperienced coaches who's only success comes from a league outside of England, and hey, at least Villas-Boas was a manager of a great team, actually no at least he was a manger at all.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and I can only offer my condolences to Jake for his appointment as the new manager at Stamford Bridge.

Last edited:
Words From Our Host

Jake sits outside one of Stamford Bridges' conference rooms waiting to address the media for the first time

******* Keegan, was a ***** back then and is still a ***** now...

Sure I don't have the most well-rounded resume coming into the job but Abramovic trusts me, and despite what the critics may say nobody has the mental toughness I posses. Sure there were hiccups along the way, but you tell me what you'd do when you were 18 earning upwards of 20,000 pound a week and had just been frozen out by your manager.

It's been a hellish few days if I'm being honest though. I knew the media would tear me to shreds, but even I'm surprised there are still shreds to tear at with the constant abuse and doubts that our lovely media are throwing my way. But hey Jake, you've got through worst so lets keep the smile on for a few days longer and show them all where it really matters, on the field.

Jake walks into the room, reporters start immediately firing in questions and the wall of noise feels like it knocks Jake over as he sits down.

J: One at a time children... one at a time.

Reporter:
Mr. O'Driscoll, you are now the new manager of Chelsea, we already know it must feel great, but are you not scared at all?

wow straight into it, I'm gonna go for sarcasm over seriousness, these monkeys write for a living, the most wit they posses is when creating and average pun for a story title

J:
Thanks for the congrats that I think was somewhere in there... (smiles) Scared? Noooooooo never. Nervous, sure. But I've played on the biggest stage in front of the same critics who will judge me here so I know I will thrive off nerves, Nerves mean I'm awake, Nerves mean I have the drive to succeed as manager of Chelsea Football Club.

Reporter:
Hi Jake, word around is that your being dubbed a 'poor man's Villas-Boas', whats your reaction to that.

J:
Well look at him, he dresses sharp, speaks a Latin language and that bone structure... wow. I'd have to agree. Also if I'm a poor-mans AVB I must be a lepers Mourinho and any comparison that makes me even slightly like Jose is a compliment in my books. Next one lads

Reporter:
You face an apparently volatile dressing room. Will you be looking at signings to combat this

J:
Look, a dressing room's a dressing room and players are players. As footballers we all fundamentally want to succeed, that's what makes us world-class and that's why we play at Chelsea. In terms of signings sure I will assess the mentality of possible targets, I want winners, hard-workers and lads who want to win for Chelsea, but in terms of using new players as a counter-balance for the boys currently there, I don't see the need

Reporter: You have amazing facilities at the Bridge but currently little or no coaches to help you out, will you be bringing in any staff in the coming days??

J:
Well I can't really do it all on my own can I? So yes of course, and besides I'd make a rubbish fitness coach. Last one team.

Reporter:
Simple one, how will Chelsea play and what will the target as a goal this season.

J: Simple answer, we have the players in place to pile on goals against anyone. Match that with the best Center Back, the best Left Back and the best Goalkeeper in the world, with some equally world-class defenders around them, and it means we will play an expansive game focusing on getting the ball forward knowing we can rely on our lads at the back to hold strong. In terms of a goal, it is simply to perform to the best of our abilities which honestly means some sort of silverware. I'd be obviously lying if I said that's not what we were aiming for, we have the talent and also our fans and owners rightly expect it from us. We will be gunning for the top.

Thank you everybody.

****. Not the easiest questions to answer and I feel like a bit of a **** with some of my answers. I know it's never good to listen to the media but some of their points have stuck in my head. What exactly will I be walking into at Chelsea? Only one way to find out I guess. Now the fun stuff begins.

View attachment 236209

First Orders of Business

First off I want a meeting with the team, Roman's outlined to me that we have 50mill to spend and he has no issues over how much we touch. My mother brought me up tough though so whist I think we do need to spend, I think we also need to sell.

I address the team for the first time and speak of my admiration for the club, my love for the game and how I know that the same feelings are present in each and every one of these player. We need to find that passion again and start playing the kind of football I know we are capable. I also outline that positions will be earned on the training field, however I am not going to constantly rotate the squad due to bad showings at training and that I understand everyone goes through rough patches of form (I try not to look directly at Torres who is sitting to my left). I also make it clear that I am not these boys mothers, I'm payed to get results, I'm payed to get wins, I'm payed to make them play well. I am not their to tell them how well they played when they did not, how they're the best players on the team and to kiss ****. I'm the manager and they're the players, as long as that is remembered I will take bullets and go to war for each and every one of them. We're a family here and nothing tops family.

I decide to meet with John Terry afterward to have a chat with out leader, a real Chelsea hero. I know I need him on my side, luckily we played together for England, a bond people will tell you doesn't break, unless your girlfriends are involved...

J: Hi John, come in.
JT: Alright mate?, long time, congrats and all that.
J:
Cheers lad, look I know you've been under it lately but I know better then most that when everyone's waiting for you to fall, you always fall harder then expected
JT:
Too right.
J:
Well anyway we both know what we need to do this year, none of us are getting any younger, but I don't think we need too much just yet in the way of immediate first team players. I'm gonna level with you we've got money and I'm going to look at putting it towards youth, but we do need some wingers in my opinion. Got any ideas you want to throw my way?
JT:
**** mate sounds ambitious, but no nobody I can really think of. Everyone talks of Cavani or Lavezzi, but hey words are just words. It's really up to you. As long as we win and I'm captaining my club I'm happy.
J:
Alright mate see you at training
JT:
Cheers Gaffer.

Now I need to look at some staff to fill the gaps in my coaching team
After hours on the horn I manage to get a hold of the lads I want around me, luckily for me everyone is willing to help out and fight for the cause. Within the days end I manage to hire a new Fitness Coach, First Team Coach, Assistant Manager and another two coaches to help around the paddock.

My new team includes John Murtough and Mark Chamberlain as new coaches, Paul Winsper as a new fitness coach, Tosh Farrell helping out with the first team and my good mate Martin Keown as my new assistant manager.
View attachment 236222
Martin is a good mate of mine having played together for England and for a decade together at Arsenal, having someone like that in my staff will only help me move towards success with the club.

Also Mark Chamberlain, the former England international and father of Alex (who knows maybe a future signing). Watching him and John Barnes take it to the Brazilian team is one of my favourite World Cup moments, and playing View attachment 236223against him during my first firs-team appearance during Pompey vs. Newcastle in '93 was the first time I was really 'star-struck' by my opponent.

Nice story so far, try to buy lahm, santon or fabio. I think they would fill the wb gap

PRESEASON: BUSINESS BEGINS

This years preseason see's a lot of travel from France to Holland to Scotland with only two of our seven games at The Bridge.

Preseason Game One: Le Mans F.C. vs. Chelsea F.C.
Result 1-1: A reasonably average showing. Our midfield had no real go forward and we struggled to capitalize on what shots we did have.
Positives: A debut goal for Romelu Lukaku.
Negatives: The rest of the play in general.

Preseason Game Two: Evian TG FC vs. Chelsea F.C.
Result: 3-0: A better showing from our boys. We managed to shot a lot better with goals from Solomon Kalou and Drogba, and our constant pressure on goal resulting in Evian conceding and own goal. Hopefully good signs for the future.
Positives: All around better performance
Negatives: Again the 4-3-3 didn't bring about the sort of go-forward I was after.

BREAKING NEWS: BLUES REVEAL FIRST SUMMER SIGNINGS
Chelsea manager Jake O'Driscoll revealed his first signings today welcoming Ibrahim Afellay, Yaya Sanogo, Jordan Cousins and Park Ji-Sung to the Stamford Bridge faithful. The signings have recieved a mixed reception within Chelsea fans, with people questioning why an estimated 3,000,000 pounds was a good investment in 30 year old Park, and if Jordan Cousins has enough potential to ever challenge for a first team spot. However fans believe the signings of Sanogo, who fans believe could be of Henry-like greatness, and Afellay a proven international were great pieces of business by O'Driscoll
View attachment 236227
< Jordan Cousins:
People have been apparently questioning this pick-up, however I see it as a solid pairing for Nathan Chalobah in our youth-teams back line. An English international at our youth-level I'm hoping our juniors can emulate our senior pairiView attachment 236228ng of Terry and Cahill.
Yaya Sanogo: >
Another signing for the future. The French wonderkid came relatively cheap and with the utmost blessings of our scouts. Another tantalizing pairing with Romelu Lukaku in mind. I am excited to get him for what I consider a mere 2.7 million pounds and cannot wait to witness the magic I know he can produce on the field.

View attachment 236229

< Park Ji-Sung:
Again a lot of people will question my decision on this one, **** I might even question it myself in the future, but for now a player of his experience and drive for 3.3 million seemed a good deal for me. He can sure up the wingers spots on both side and will hopefully be an asset both on the field and in the mental preparation for Champions League football this year.

View attachment 236230

Ibrahim Afellay: >

My marquee signing so far, a player who just didn't fit into the Barcelona team, and luckily for us was transfer listed. Again like Park can play any of the attacking midfield spots, I will use him on the right to again further sure up the right midfield spot. I feel good that I have got players of this caliber without having to go after the likes of Hulk, Lavezzi and Cavani. I can now focus money towards youth and even more wonder-kids with my AMR spot sufficiently filled to my liking.

After talking it over with my coaches I've decided to change my formation

The major problem with my team has been their go forward lately, because of this I am going to change my formation into what I consider an attacking 4-5-1, or even a 4-2-4.
I think that the central attacking midfielder will hopefully provide an attacking pivot at feed my lone-front man, as well as my equally adept wingers whilst also threatening goal himself.

Now back to the results.

Preseason Game Three: Vitesse vs. Chelsea F.C.
Result: 0-1: A shocking performance from the lads, again our attack looked out or sorts and we gave up the ball far to many times, perhaps my tactical change wasn't the right move.
Positives: Ibrahim Afellay looked good in blue, he was the only source of spark in our side today
Negatives: The performance of anyone not named Afellay.

Preseason Game Four: Chelsea F.C. vs. Shalke
Result: 1-0: A good bouce back victory by the lads. We defended well and got a need win as we have been vastly underachieving this preseason.
Positives: Fernando Torres broke his drought, hopefully a sign of things to come.
Negatives: I think we would have liked to win by more on our return home.

Preseason Game Five: Hamilton vs. Chelsea F.C.Result: 1-1: Oh god. Yet another unispired and dead performance. The lads are looking bored and not ready to play on the training paddock and it sure is translating into the game.
Positives: New signings that I'm very, very pleased with.
Negatives: The game we played.

View attachment 236260

CHELSEA INTRODUCE FURTHER SIGNINGS

Jake O'Driscoll has further bolstered his attacking powers signing yound duo Eric Torres and Vaclav Kadlec, however the big news is the signing of young Olympique de Marseille winger Andre Ayew. The Ghanaian international will join his fellow countryman Michael Essien in what is now an even more formidable midfield. Chelsea activated the 16 million pound release clause in Ayew's contract and apparently swiped him from right under the noses of AC Milan and Arsenal. Conditions of the contract we're not disclosed.

Preseaon Game Six: Reading vs. Chelsea
Result: 2-0: After a rev-up before the game and at half time we managed to score either side of the break. HAving Andre Ayew attacking the left-side meant I had the freedom to move Mata into the centre of my three man attacking line behind my striker. Because of this, Juan Mata was sensational in this game, scoring himself and playing a superb lobbed through-ball to give Afellay his first goal of the season.
Positives: Juan Mata looking every bit the player he was brought in to be
Negatives: Not many, finally a comprehensive performance from the team

THE BLUES SPLASH THE CASH ON BARKLEY
In another signing signally the new movement of Chelsea's football team, O'Driscoll has spent a whopping 22 million pounds to buy Everton's teenage sensation Ross Barkley. Following in the foot steps of former Evertonian starlet Wayne Rooney who moved to Manchester United for 26 million pounds in 2004. Barkley is said to be thrilled with the move to London and to a club with the reputation of Chelsea.

When asked about the whopping fee O'Driscoll was quoted as stating "the fee may seem hefty, but class costs these days. I truely believe Ross can be a star for his country and I believe he will be the next Frank Lampard or Gerrard or Scholes. The future is bright for Ross and as a result it is bright for Chelsea."

Barkley is another feather in the cap of Chelsea's current youth set up, and much like the famous Fleglings of the early 90's that O'Driscoll was famously the missing jewel in, Chelsea now features talents like Chabolah, Barkley, Lukaku, Sanogo, Kadlec, Torres, Romeu and McEachran.

Preseason Game Seven: Chelsea vs. Inter
Result 1-2: A bad way to end what has been an indifferent preseason. The tactics seem to have finally taken off though; there's a real spark on the pitch and feelings around the facilities are fantastic. It's time to start business and now the preperation has to be put into place. Time to do what we know we can. Time to prove the critics wrong. Time to win.

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

View attachment 236521
August

TRANSFER NEWS:
* Man City sign van der Vaart for 21m from Tottenham.
* John Obi Mikel leaves Chelsea, signs with Olympique Lyonnais for 15m.
* Solomon Kalou also signs with Roma for a rumored figure of 10m.
* Malaga buy Manchester Utd midfielder Anderson for 15m
* Leighton Baines moves to Arsenal for a reported 13m
* Fulham loose star duo Dempsey and Dembele to Bayern Munich and Liverpool for an apparent 6m and 11m a piece
* Philip Lahm spotted in London, a move to Chelsea looks likely.
* Man City and Real Madrid lining up a supposed move for Michael Essien.

A crazy period in London leading up to the start of the season. Man City became even more powerful with their signing of van der Vaart but it does make Tottenham weaker, Fulham have been effectively gutted out in this window and Arsenal have finally strengthened their defense. I truely feel that here at Chelsea we are now head and shoulders better then our rivals. God willing we can break the Manchester stranglehold on the Premier League and get some wins to start off the campaign.

August 13th
Chelsea vs. Norwich City
Stamford Bridge

Result: 2-0. Torres, Lampard.
Our first game of the season and in front of our own fans. This is what the Premier League is all about. Our boys looked magic today, Juan was really reveling in his more central role. Ayew also shined on the left too, setting up Torres with a wonderful low cross on 31 minutes. Mark Tierney then took Ayew down in the box, I thought it should of been a red but Mr. Klattenburg saw it as a mere yellow offense, regardlessView attachment 236522 Frank Lampard stepped up and slotted home the penalty on 44 minutes for an excellent first half. The second half was quiet with nothing much to report, Ross Barkley came on for Lampard, Mireles for Essien after substitute Park Ji-Sung (on for Afellay) was injured on 73 minutes.

Man of The Match: Andre Ayew, getting an assist on the Torres goal and getting us the penalty before the break, I can only hope his attacking prowess continues throughout the season.
Positives: Our defense of the set place and when covering the counter was amazing, going with Terry and Cahill in the back meant we dominated the air all game.
Negatives: Park being injured, I'm gonna hear about this one...

August 20th
Aston Villa vs. Chelsea
Villa Park
Result: 0-0.
A bore draw.We sView attachment 236525hould of capitalized on the amount of shots we had, 17 shots on goal and only 5 on target with no goals is not good enough. I felt we had a case for a penalty on 35 minutes when Drogba was clearly pulled back by James Collins but the ref saw nothing of it, Didier didn't take too kindly to this and he and Ivanovic were yellow carded for their protests, after the game I managed to hold my tounge and now give away my true feelings on the abyssmal decision. Never the less we should have scored anyway. Hopefully we will bounce back.
Positives: We didn't concede a goal today, another good showing from our back four.
Negatives: Our wasted efforts in front of goal, we should of won this game by 2 or more.

August 27th
Chelsea vs. Wigan
Stamford Bridge
Result: 2-1:
A better win then it looks on paper, another disaster referee's decision on 6 minutes awarding Wigan a penalty after a Gary Cahill tackle that was clearly a ball first challenge. Rodallega slotted the spot kick home and we were behind early. We battled for the rest of the half creating good go forward, but no real chances until in the final minute of added time in the first half when Mata set Ayew free down the left with a masterful ball, Ayew played an equally great cross to Torres on the far post who made no mistake with the first touch volley into the bottom corner of the net. I could only sympathise with the lads at half time, but told them to keep their chins uView attachment 236526p as they were clearly the better side. The second half was frustrating. Again a lot of go forward but just no final ball, Afellay made many breaks but never sealed it with a final ball or a shot on target, we were whizzing balls past Al-Habsi's posts for most of the second half. But as the saying goes, up comes the moment, up steps the man and in a feat of poetic justice that reminds me why I love this game, with mere seconds left in the match Gary Cahill converted off a Juan Mata corner to seal the victory for us.

Positives: Cahill's turnaround, despite giving away a penalty the goal on full time sealed the remarkable start to the season Gary has had.
Negatives: Discipline after the Cahill incident left a lot to b desired, I want passion from my lads but 5 yellows in a game is not good enough, we were lucky to still have 11 on the park at the end of the match. This is something I'll have to chat to the lads about.

View attachment 236528

DEADLINE DAY RUMORS
* Lahm is as good as a Blue according to sources, the deal will be confirmed before the day is up.
* Due to this Jose Bosingwa is looking to move on, a move back to Portugal would be the defenders preffered option according to sources.
* Manchester City are looking to bolster their defensive midfielder position, with names like M'Villa, Keita and De Rossi being thrown about.
* Sir Alex has been quoted saying he is not in the market for any player as he feels nobody good enough is available, more mind games from Frergie? can we expect to see any movement from the Red Devils?
* Gokhan Gonul has said a move to Tottenham would be a "dream come true" after scout Mick Brown was spotted at the latest Fenerbache match following Harry Redknapp's comments that the Right Back was a person of interest to the London side.

DEADLINE DAY DEALS
* Martin Olsson has moved from Blackburn to Everton for 6.5m
* Jonothan Walters has moved to Sunderland for a fee sources say sits around the 6m mark
* Peter Wittingham has moved to the Premier League from Cardiff, signing with Wigan after the clubs agreed to a 4.2m transfer fee.
* Fulham in an attempt to bolster their falling team have bought Mounir El Hamdaoui from Ajax for 8.25m. The Marrocan has a big role to fill at Craven Cottage with goal scorers Zamora, Dembele and Dempsey all moving on.
* Chelsea have sold their Portugese defensive duo of Paulo Ferreira and Jose Bosignwa to Wolfsburg for 1.3m and Malaga for 4.2m respectively. Young defender Patrick van Aanholt has also moved on a season long long to Middlesbourogh for a fee of 100k.
* BREAKING NEWS: Manchester City have signed Malian international and Barcelona favourit Seydou Keita for 8m the club reports.
* Mathieu Debuchy has moved to Arsenal from Lille for a fee of 6m the french club have said in a statement released today.
* Finally Gokhan Gonul has moved to Tottenham for a fee or around 13m pounds, the player stated he was excited by the challenge of playing in the PRemier League and looked forward to his move to London.

THATS ALL FOLK! SEE YOU IN JANUARY

As you noticed not quite the deadline day I'd have wanted, Keita to Man City makes them even stronger, Debuchy to Arsenal does the same for them; but for us, NO LAHM. We had the boy here, we had the deal settled and all tickity-bo, but his agent at the last minute selayed the signing to the point we could not get it improved in time.

Also to make matters worse my physios have informed me Branoslav has injured himself on the training paddock, and with no Bosingwa young Sam Hutchinson is going to have to step up to the mark against Man City and for the next three weeks, meaning he will play Champions League football too. Bring on September I suppose!.

Player of the Month
Gary Cahill
View attachment 236527Great play from Gary. Was solid at the
back and even got a goal this month.
Had an average rating of 7.48 in August.

Table Position:
Due to our draw with Villa we sit in 3rd place behind City and United. Tottenham and upstarts West Brom in fourth and fifth. Big game against Manchester City to start the next month and with Sam at Right Back we will really have to be on top form to get past the Sky Blues.

Last edited:
Hey is anyone following this?? any sort of advice would be appreciated as it's my first attempt at writing a story. Going out for Easter drinks but will cover the next couple of month on my return.

Cheers.

For the wb pos promote one of your youths. Great start.

View attachment 236743

CHELSEA DRAWN IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP OF DEATH
In today's Champions League Group Stage draw, Jake O'Driscoll's Chelsea side were drawn in to Group A which is unarguably this years famed 'group of death'. Group A consists of Eredivisie winners, and four time Champions League winners Ajax, Bundesliga and winners of the 1996 Champions League Borussia Dortmund, Serie A winners and whopping 7 time Champions League winnners A.C. Milan and finally Chelsea; who are the only team in their group not to becoming off a league championship and also the only team never to have won a Champions League title.View attachment 236745

When asked to comment O'Driscoll stated "I'm happy with the group, we know it will be a stern test, but we know we have the class to pick up points away from home, and we know that the Bridge is our fortress. I'm looking at is as when we qualify we will have knocked out 2 major contenders for the title and that'll only make our own journey easier".

Young right-back Sam Hutchinson has been the center of a lot of talk in the press with the young acadamey graduate filling in the shoes of Branoslav Ivanonvic for the next month meaning he can look forward to his first test coming against Manchester City at the Etihad; followed by Borussia Dortmund at the Bridge with A.C. Milan at the San Siro being the proposed match before Ivanovic's return. The young man has big shoes to fill, and it will be interesting to see how he does on such a grand scale.

September

This month I have some big tests, the Champions League draw was a harsh one and we already have a huge game against Man City to start the month. A win against them would put us top, but I'm trying not to let that distract the boys in our build up. We had some positive news today, Daniel Sturridge was again available for selection after serving out his suspension, he's been on absolute killer form for England scoring a hat-trick followed by a second half brace in his first two caps for his country. I'm hoping his rich vein of form can translate into the league and he can start banging in some goals.
View attachment 236746
Sam Hutchinson:
A lad with a lot of
pressure on his back.

September 10th
Manchester City vs. Chelsea
The City of Manchester Stadium
Result: 2-1. Joe Hart o.g. , Sturridge
A great job from the lads! We started of a bit slow, we we're nervous and it showed on the pitch but it was understandable in front of a surging and roaring Manchester crowd. On 17 minutes it looked like a long day was ahead when Edin Dzeko slipped his marker and was picked out by David Silva, one on one with the keeper he calmly side-footed it into the bottom right corner for City's first goal.
View attachment 236747
However the goal seemed to wake us up a bit. We had trained well all week and our combinations were really coming together. We started to pick up the tempo and play more attractive football. Behind the play of Juan Mata we started attacking the oppositions goal, after an intense period of pressure we were finally rewarded when Juan Mata's shot on the tight angle came off the post and into the back of Joe Hart then into the goal. With the spark of the leveling goal we then continued to push forward. Andre Ayew skinned Alexander Kolarov more time then I could even count and his play did not go unrewarded. Leading up to 40 minutes gone Ayew took the ball on yet another break down the left-flank. He took it to the by-line then played the ball inside to Drogba, Andre followed the ball inside, got the return pass from Drogba at the 12 yard box and, as if he were on the training field, played a glorious first-touch pass to Sturridge at the near post who slammed it into the net. We were up!

At half-time I congratulated the boys but reminded them the job was not done. In the second half we defended our hearts out, played good counter-attacking football and played The Citizens off their own ground. By the end of the half it felt like a game at The Bridge with our amazing traveling support belting out 'No One Can Stop us Now' at full voice. A comprehensive and great win for us!.

Man of The Match: Daniel Sturridge, he looked class in his first game of the year and hopefull we will see more goals from the new England international.
Positives: Our attack looked really good now, I feel we are certainly turning a corner and are now playing just the kind of football I want us to.
Negatives: Such a shaky start is to be slightly expected, but for a championship team we must always be aon the ball. Hopefully this is a trend I can make the boys loose with enough work on the training ground.

September 13th
Chelsea vs. Borussia Dortmund (UEFA Champions League GS)
Stamford Bridge
Result: 3-0. Lampard, Sturridge, David Luiz

Bad news before the match, John Terry was out for a few weeks after a collision at training, I was really starting to worry about our situation in defense.

However the game was a breView attachment 236748eze. We really sent out a warning to the group with a comprehensive win over Dortmund. We were under the pump with the thuggish play of Dortmund stunning me, it was shown on 7 minutes when the referee awarded us a penalty. Frank Lampard made no mistake from the spot. On the stroke of half time Daniel Sturridge kept his rich scoring vein alive breaking away at half way and running the field to the smartly chip the keeper, a real gem of a goal.
View attachment 236749
After the half I thought I was witnessing a rugby match. The referee gave 5 yellows in the space of 10 minutes, all deserved however I feared for my players being either injured or sent off. My fears were confirmed when Florent Malouda was hacked in a two foot challenge by Dortmund defender Sven Bender. Bender rightly saw red, but Malouda could not continued with what our doctors told us is likely to be a broken leg. David Luiz capped off the victory with a goal on 70minutes and we relaxed slightly and saw out the win.

Man of The Match: Daniel Sturridge again. A goal and an assist today for the young man. He's in top form so far.
Positives: The resounding score line that we most certainly deserved.
Negatives: None. A faltless performance today.

September 17th
Chelsea vs. Wolves
Stamford Bridge
Result: 3-0. Mata. Ayew x2View attachment 236750
Another good win for the boys. Again the combination of Mata and Ayew looked world class our defense looked strong and we looked every bit like the top of the table team we now were. Mata's goal was a real poachers effort pouncing on a David Edwards mistake to put the ball past Henessey. Ayew scored two today which was a real highlight, his first was a powerful shot from the edge of the 6-yard box and the second he beat two defenders to tap Hutchinsons low cross in.

Man of The Match:
Andre Ayew's brace made him todays top performer.
Positives: Another all-round display, we are really starting to look good even without JT.
Negatives: A good win but a lack of discipline on our parts saw us get give anothe 4 yellows, I enjoy passion in football but not as much as I hate suspensions.

September 21st
Chelsea vs. Wigan (Carling Cup)
Stamford Bridge
Result: 2-0. Terry, Aranson o.g.

Another win and another clean sheet. Today saw Romeu, Lukaku, Barkley and Valencia all make their season debuts, as well as Terry and Park return from injury.
View attachment 236751
The star of today's game was Ibrahim Afellay, his presence on the right sucked in defenders who he either, beat, or passed through to set up his teamates and create what seemed like acres of space for us. His pinpoint corner to John Terry was just another example of the quality he showed in todays match.

Man of The Match:
Ibrahim Afelly, without question
Positives: Terry manages to play the whole 90 today, Barkley and Lukaku looked like stars in the making and even Park got on the field for a needed 20 minutes.
Negatives: I felt like we should have won the game by 5. We dominated from start to finish and never let up, Drogba was wasteful infront of goal taking 12 shots himself and not scoring once.

September 24th
Blackburn vs. Chelsea
Ewood Park
Result 4-1. Lukaku, Dann o.g. , Cahill, Drogba.
Again another good show, we were unlucky to conceed on a Scott Dann header from a corner, but his own goal just a few minutes later served as som redemption. Lukaku and Barkley both startd as I deciView attachment 236753ded to rest some key players ahead of our game in Milan in a few days. The yound combo immediately combined to give Lukaku his first goal is Blue on 3 minutes. Gary Cahill again dominated the air and showed why he is not a force not only domestically but internationally when paired with John Terry, he also scored in the game. Also Didier broke his goal drought with a goal on 85 minutes. A very good showing away from home.

Man of The Match: Gary Cahill just scrapes out Lukaku. His defense was emmaculate all game and his attack was just as good as shown by his goal today.
Positives: Lukaku and Barkley looking like real talent already. They years ahead look bright my friends.
Negatives: Our amazing streak of clean sheet coming to and end, would of been great momentum to carry into the San Siro.

September 28th
A.C. Milan
San Siro
Result: 0-2.
Not our best showing today in Milan, it was actually a bit of a shambles. Torres hobbled off after three minutes and from then on I knew it jsut wasn't our day. With John Terry still not fully fit despite his mid-week showing, David Luiz slotted in and was absolutely destroyed by Ibrahimovic. The Swedish striker first disposseising him on 30 minutes and waltzing in on goal, and second reading Luiz's poor pass back to Cech for his second within 5 minutes of his first.

At the half I slammed the boys play and moved Gary Cahill and Luiz around to try and stem Ibrahimovic's influence on the game. This worked a charm and Milan looked out of sorts attacking in the second session, however without Torres, Didier Drogba continued to spray balls left, right and over the goal. I have to hope this is just some bad form, but if this continues it may be time to look to move the aging striker on in the summer and capitalize on him before his contract expires. Also to make matters worse Ashley Cole will miss the next match with a slight niggle further weakening my outside defender options.

Man of The Match: Gary Cahill. The centre-back showed a lot of class and is quickly becoming a key-player in my eyes. His consistancy is great and its good to know that without JT we still have a center-back we can rely on.
Positives: Before the match I was informed that after coming through trainings and a reserves game unscaythed, Branoslav Ivanovic was ready to return to first team action. However on the field we were simply flat and dead, I hope we will not play the same away from the Bridge when we travel to Holland and Germany.
Negatives: The again wasteful play of Drogba. It's becoming a real problem in the team, the boisterous forward is starting to simply waste the good play of his team-mates, and with only one true strikers role in my 1st XI he isn't doing himself any favours as to retaining a first-team place, let alone a starting role.

Player of the Month

Sam Hutchinson.

View attachment 236760
The young lad really deserves this in my opinion. Sure he didn't score and wasn't the most noticeable and flashy player on the pitch. But he was solid. No major mistakes leading to goals, one assist and an average rating of 7.23 was more the a pleasant suprise considering my doubts around the young lad coming into the starting side.

Nice story man, keep it up, im following.

sorry been swamped at uni for the last couple of days, BUT have a really exciting couple of updates to post. Some big things have happened in the world of Chelsea Football Club.

October

Hopefully this is a month we can truly consolidate our position. We have 6 games this month, with Everton away and Sunderland away sandwiching a run of four home matches. I want maximum points here and as I’m sitting in my hotel room before our match tomorrow at Goodison I can’t help feeling we need just one more marquee player. It seems as a manager I’ve become transfixed on European Glory, I want to win the league too, but the Champions League. That’s the pinnacle for a Chelsea manager; it was something even The Special One couldn’t do. Trophies. That’s what I want. As I scrawl tactics and ideas into my diary I can’t help but feel another big name would really bring us above the likes of Barcelona. One more player… but whom?

October 1st

Everton vs. Chelsea
Goodison Park
Result: 0-0
Not quite the start I was after. We looked good for most of the game but again Dider couldn’t capitalize, Martin even informed me after the game that statistically he has the worst conversion rate in England among strikers that have played more then 5 games. In the first half we passed well, moved be ball at will even but couldn’t score. Tim Howard seemed to make save after save after save to deny the likes of Drogba, Mata and Lampard. Hopefully dropping the points won’t come back to haunt us.

On the flight home I stand and tell the boys “Lads, we didn’t play great and I know I’ve made my feelings know to you all, but next up we have Arsenal. It’s about as big of a game as we’ve had this season and I want to see us train like we have never before. This is a rivalry game, this is a match in front of our fans, but to make it even more interesting Man City went down today and winning would put us up by four points already”

A huge cheer erupted in the plane, I saw players like Fernando translating what I’d just said to Erick who looked slightly puzzled as to what the commotion was about. The season was really kicking into gear.

Man of the Match: Michael Essien played an excellent game today holding the likes of Rodwell and Cahill in check
Positives: Although under a lot of pressure in the first half we didn't conceed
Negatives: We should have won this game in my opinion, in the second half we should have scored and won the game.

October 15th

Chelsea vs. Arsenal
Stamford Bridge
Result: 4-2
A classic Chelsea win today! We started off the game well, all be it not amazingly, again our passing was excellent and our movement off the ball was superb. But against the run of play after 19 minutes, Mark Klattenburg gave a penalty decision to Arsenal. I WAS FURIOUS, almost running on to the pitch. Screaming at the fourth official about the clear dive from Arshavin, I was warned to sit back down or risk being from the dugout. Fuming I sat back down and RVP slotted home Arsenals first shot of the game. In terms of my relationship with Mr. Klattenburg, all **** broke loose on 25 minutes. Arshavin again broke down the left side, he go into the corner of the box and John Terry came across with a beautiful sliding tackle as Arshavin took one to many strides toward goal. The Russian immediately fell into a heap on the ground, seemingly holding any part of his body he could, of course the ref pointed straight at the spot. John went wild, swearing at the Russian and attempting to pick him up, for his troubles he was dealt a yellow too. I screamed at him to come here and cool off, as he walked over the ref quipped:

MK: “Mr. O’Driscoll keep your players in check”
JO: “ I will when you do the same with your bias”
MK: “Excuse me?”
JO: “You heard, look at the big screen then tell me it was a penalty, you’d react like that if you’d been shot, not if you’d dived and hit the ground too hard”
MK: “I’ve warned you sir”
JO: “You cant send me off, I’m ******* right mate! Just look” I screamed as I pointed to the big screen where the bemused staff at Stamford Bridge played the replay of the challenge over and over.

As the ref walked off the crowd jokingly cheered me for ‘winning’ our spat. Our players reacted by immediately taking the game to Arsenal. We had 10 minutes left in the half when Juan Mata curled a marvelous shot into the top right corner from a good 25 yards out. The crowd cheered as our talismanic Spaniard struck again.

View attachment 238223

After the break we played like a side possessed, I didn’t say much at halftime, just reminded the boys what we were had to do. As the game picked up, again our midfield came up large for us with Lampard putting one in on 55 minutes. After we were level, Fernando Torres again showed the form which we all thought would never come, scoring an amazing late brace to seal the fixture for us and giving us a splendid 4-2 victory and keeping us up top.

Man of the Match: Fernando Torres' late brace to go with his assist to Mata means that he is certainly today's man of the match.
Positives: Our attack was spot on today
Negative: My relationship with the refs and the FA hasn't improved with me receiving a fine after the game.

October 19th
Chelsea vs. Ajax (UEFA Champions League GS)
Stamford Bridge

Result: 2-1.
A great resultafter our loss to A.C. Milan, again Juan and Fernando combined to score our goals. Our Spanish armada have been on smashing form at the moment and it's another step towards oView attachment 238222ur European glory.

Man of the Match: Juan Mata, with a goal and an assist the Spaniard came through for us again
Positives: The form of our Spanish forwards Mata and Torres
Negatives: Drogba starting and again not scoring.

October 23rd
Chelsea vs. Stoke
Stamford Bridge

Result: 3-0.
A good win for usView attachment 238240 keeping us up on Manchester City, again our attack came through, with Mata and Torres scoring. Torres also set up another amazing goal for Ayew, it's good that he is now truely reflecting his huge transfer tag, and I shaping up as, with Mata, as the figureheads to our push for Domestic and European glory this campaign.
Man of the Match:
Torres had to get this today, again keeping his rich vein of form going
Positives: Again we score and keep the form alive.
Negatives:
Not many today, a good game and we looked every bit the league leaders we are so far this season.
October 26th
Chelsea vs. Reading (CC)
Stamford Bridge
Result 2-0.
Chelsea progresses forward in the cup and further towards my first taste of glory as a manager in football. Our young guns really played well today. Barkley nabbed two assists which was good play and Ibrahim Afellay connected for teo goals. Romelu Lukaku played well despite not scoring, he played well and really spearheaded our attacking play today. Nathaniel Chambolah made his first-team debut today and defended well.
View attachment 238254

Man of the Match: Ross Barkley played an amazing game today, unfortunately he injured himself towards the end of the game and will be out for 2-3 months with a torn hamstring.
Positives: Our young guns pulled through for us and played well. It was an impressive look to the future.
Negatives: Ross Barkley's injury, I was really looking forward to playing him some more in the coming games.

October 29th
Sunderland vs. Chelsea
The Stadium of Light

Result: 2-0

Another good showing from the lads with a win against a very hostile Sunderland crowd. Daniel Sturridge opened
View attachment 238255

the scoring on 21 minutes and we dmoinated the whole match from then on in. Frank scored a good goal on the 90 to seal the points and we went into November as league leaders still.

Man of the Match: Daniel Sturridge gets the nod today with his excellent goal. His form for England has really translated in his club play which has been a welcome suprise.
Positives: Our domination away from home was a nice sight. Hopefully this kind of winning form can continue for a while yet as we are unbeaten in the league.
Negatives: Our side was riddled with injuries today with Fernando Torres, John Terry, Ashley Cole and Gary Cahill all picking up minor knocks meaning they will likely miss our trip to Holland to play Ajax in the Champions League group stages.

Player of the Month

Fernando Torres
It was a hard decision to make between Fernando and Juan, but ultimately I gave the nod to Torres. With a great purple patch of scoring, as well as assisting, goals he looked every bit the 50 million pound man Chelsea fans hoped he'd be. Here's praying his form continues into November.
View attachment 238258

Last edited:
November
We start this month with a match away to Ajax. This is probably the most important fixture we've had to date, and with a second, even third in some areas, team playing due to injury it will be a test. The rest of the month see's us play Swansea, Q.P.R., Dortmund, Bolton and Sunderland in our Carling Cup quater-final.

November 1st
Ajax vs. Chelsea (UEFA Champions League GS)
Amsterdam ArenA
Result: 0-2
Not at all the start to the month, or the result in our group I'd have hoped for. Our makeshift backline was torn to shreds all game and without Cech keeping the game could have easily been 4 or 5 nil. Drogba looked sluggish up-front but showed some signs of life at times, I'm hoping he can refind some sort of form in our next match against Swansea. In terms of the group we are now third behind Ajax and A.C. with an away fixture to Dortmund and a home match with A.C. left in the group.
View attachment 238301
Man of the Match: Petr Cech. Without the keeper today this game could have been a lot worse, and with goal difference most likely coming into play for the fqualifying spots in the group, keeping it civil was important.
Positives: Petrs goal-keeping was brilliant
Negatives: Has to be a split-decision with our defense being shown for how poor it was and Dider again failing to find goal.

November 7th
Swansea vs Chelsea
The Liberty Stadium
Result: 0-0For this result I really blame nobody but myself, in a poor selection by myself I chose to go with Drogba ahead of Torres so to save Fernando's energy. Drogba put in yet another uninspired and wasteful performance upfront. My make-shift defensive line up held reasonably well with Essien playing at right-back (so to rest Ivanovic), Romeu and Luiz in the centre and Sam Hutchinson on the left we at least didn't concede.
View attachment 238290
Man of the Match: Michael Essien, whilst playing out of position still put in a good performace.
Positives: Our rag-tag defensive team did not concede a goal today.
Negatives: Out attack couldnt score a goal in a game we should of won against a team we should have handled easily. The draw moves Man City level with us, however we are still top due to goal difference.

Here's what the table looks like so far:
View attachment 238291

View attachment 238292
The Special One Sacked by Real Madrid After Not So Special Start

View attachment 238294
SATURDAY 19TH NOVEMBER

Reports out of Madrid are that Jose Mourinho has been sacked by Florentine Perez after Los Blancos have started this years campaign in 8th position. His successor is unknown with Rafa Benitez or even Andre Villas-Boas expected to be the front runners. Mourinho being out of work will only increase speculation of his return to England and puts pressure on young Jake O'Driscoll to being success to the club Mourinho famously left in 2007.

Word inside Madrid also reports that many of the players are outraged at Mourinho's firing and fell very hard done by, meaning the dressing room inherited by the next manager will be one to look out for.

View attachment 238296

****, just what I needed. More pressure.
I was having dinner at my girlfriends when the news broke, immediately my phone went crazy with everyone from Martin to reporters to my mum wanting to know what was happening. I turned my phone off and used my girlfriends to call those concerened who I felt deserved a word from me. "No I hadn't heard anything from up top, yes I was still in the job, No I was most certainly sure I was still in the job" seemed to be the appropriate response to those concerned. Then an idea hit me, I jumped into my car and raced to Cobham where I got on the bell to whoever I knew could help. I even called Roman and asked him if we could talk in person, he insisted he'd meet me in Cobham and 20 minutes later the man himself walked in.

RA: Jake, first things first you are still our manager, you've been so good so far I'd even give you a bit of leway here and there. But remember now the Jose is available, you do not want to give me a reason to fire you.
JO: I understand completely sir and I thank you for you confidence. Look, the reason I wanted to talk to you is that after Jose leaving I feel Real are vulnerable...
RA: I'm not sure if I follow you there...
JO: Well a lot of those players were fiercly loyal to Jose, you experienced the same thing here, I mean some would say we are still experiencing it. But that means a lot of the players will feel like without them there is no reason to be there. They're already out of the Champions League and are closer to the bottom then the top of the table in La Liga. I know I've spent a bit already, but if we can pick at the carcus so to speak, I think we can make ourselves almost unbeatable.
RA: Who did you have in mind son?
(I slide him a piece of paper with a name on it)
JO:We get him, we win the league and atleast a domestic trophy this season. You have my word or my contract sir, if it doesn't happen I'll walk, no need for reperations no need for anything I'll just go.
RA: Looks at paper I'll get back to you Jake. (Leaves)

November 19th
Chelsea vs. Q.P.R
Stamford Bridge
Result: 3-0: Torres x3
Still in a job a with a convincing home win over a rival, needless to say I was all smiles. Fernando played like a god today, not putting a foot wrong all game and scoring a splendid hattrick. With an amazing solo effort cuView attachment 238300tting through 4 defenders followed by an amazing volley off and Andre Ayew cross, his first half was fantastic. He left it late but completed his hattrick on 88 minutes from a Juan Mata cross that he effortlessly guided into the net with his head on the far post. A real sublime showing and it means that Drogba can effectively kiss his playing minutes goodbye.

Man of the Match: No contest. Torres.
Positives: Again, easy. Torres.

Negatives: That I hadn't played Torres against Swansea.

November 23rd
Borussia Dortmund vs. Chelsea (UEFA Champions League GS)
Signal Iduna Park
Result: 2-0: Torres x2
A great display from the boys in a match we really needed to win. Another great performance from 'Nando as the goals just View attachment 238302keep flowing. The win more importantly moved us into second in the group three points behind A.C. Milan who were still to travel to The Bridge. A target score of 3-0 was needed for us to qualify top on goal difference and the preperation had already begun on my part.
Man of the Match: Again had to be Fernando
Positives: We have broken our hoodoo in terms of away fixtures in Europe, hopefully this will set a trend for our remaining matches outside of The Bridge.
Negatives: Daniel Sturridge will miss a couple of weeks with a strained quad.

View attachment 238303SHOCK MOVE: OZIL MOVING TO ENGLAND, SIGNS WITH CHELSEA FOR REPORTED 17,000,000.

In a move that has shocked many insiders Mesut Ozil has moved to Chelsea for a fee believed to be around 17,000,000. Ozil spoke of his shock at losing manager Jose Mourinho and his loss of faith in Madrid chairman F. Perez. He further added "I'm excited by the move, by working with the team in place and by working with such an enthusiastic manager like O'Driscoll"

O'Driscoll spoke of his admiration of the young German midfielder and talked of how "come January, Chelsea will be playing the kind of football that dynasties are built upon" strong words for such an inexperienced manager, but an amazing signing considering Real paid 16,000,000 for Ozil from Bremen only a season ago.
View attachment 238304
When then asked about how he would utilize the midfielder in what appears an already saturated first-team lineup the manager stated "We at Chelsea will always have room for world-class players, and my tactics will reflect that. Mesut will not force any change upon us, and the fact you would think he wouldn't be properly utilized would suggest more about your knowledge then it would my tactics. I cannot wait to get Mesut in blue and introduce him properly to our wonderful fans".

November 26th
Bolton vs. Chelsea
Reebok Stadium
Result: 3-2. Lampard, E.Torres, Terry
A great comeback from the boys, although a more comprehensive defeat would have been nicer. Frank scored from the spot to put us up early, but David N'Gog quickly replied. Kevin Davies then put Bolton up by one going into the half and it seemed the game could get away from us.

After a chat at half time Torres struck again, this time however it was young Mexican signing Erick who was making his starting league debut. The game moved in ebbs and flows for the remainder until, mere secView attachment 238309onds from time, John Terry headed home an Ibrahim Afellay corner. The away fans and all of us in the dugout rose to our feet and cheered the captain as the players went balistic on the field.
Man of the Match: John Terry for his real captains performance.
Positives:
Again we managed to win away from home
Negatives:
Conceeding two soft goals was not ideal, hopefully we can tighten up at the back in further matches.
November 30th
Chelsea vs. Sunderland
Stamford Bridge
Result: 1-0. Mata

The win moves us another step closer to the cup, a great goal from Mata sort of masked what was not the best performance from us, but after a busy month and with tired minds and bodies; a wins a win.

View attachment 238318
Man of the Match: Juan Mata with another outstanding performance. He has been scarily consistent so far this season.
Positives: We are another step closer to winng the cup, I want silverware already.
Negatives: We didn't win by as many as we should of considering the opposition and the fact we were at home.

Player of the Month

Fernando Torres

View attachment 238321
The Spanish striker has been a true force so far this season and this month was no different. With a congested fixture list and an important December coming up I only played Fernando in 2 games this month, against Q.P.R. and Dortmund. Yet in these two games he banged in an amazing 5 goals. So really who else could get this award.

Back