Becoming A Professional Club

• Thread starter Thread starter WAWatson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 17K

WAWatson

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently managing Annan Athletic who at the beginning of the game are in the Scottish Third Division, after successive promotions, many of my players training has started to tail off due to their need to "train full time," as a Semi-pro club it is impossible for this to happen, so my question is, how do I become a professional club? Are there certain criteria you must meet? Thanks for your help.

Don't know if there is a certain criteria, I am sure that your finances will have to be in order, and eventually you will be granted full time status. I took Paris FC into Ligue2 and upon promotion they granted the status. Same with FC United into the BSP. Might just be a requirement of a particular league. The Scottish one is weird since I think even in Div 1 you can be semi pro but when you get into the Premier you'll have to be full time.

Hope that helps, it's a little vague, but thats all i really know on the topic. It's not something you can "request" it just sort of happens...

Alright, just have to slug it out and try and get myself promotoed :) thanks for your help.

yeah, Check the status' of other teams in your league see what they are, if they are all semi-pro as well then yeah you'll need to get promotion, keep making cup runs and doing well in the league eventually your chairman will do it.

good luck.

Either if you are a semi-pro club you can still hire players on full time contracts, so the players that leave to get more training time or whatever you can make them stay by offering them a new contract. Also, I think there is an option in the board room to ask if your chairman is willing to change the club status.. Although, as your club grows you will eventually become professional anyway.

i started with radcliffe borough
and i FINALLY got professional status when promoted to league football!
i didn't really keep tabs on it..but i think it was when my finance's got sorted out which contributed to it mainly?

I don't have the option to offer full time contracts, and what do you mean by sorted out? :) Just a positive balance?

You can request the board...through interact with the board to turn the club into professional

ahh yes, I've just noticed. I can't afford it at the moment, grr :S best get on some cup runs!

Back