Becoming one of the Mr. Men... erm I mean Minstermen.

• Thread starter Thread starter routeonefm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 758

routeonefm

Reaction score
Let's begin IRL: York City FC (The Minstermen) aren't doing great; relegated from league two last season and sitting 24th currently in the vanarama national. The football in the capital city of my nearest and dearest Yorkshire is going to pot. So I decided to put it right, virtually of course.

This isn't going to begin at the start since I'm currently in December '16 as I write this, put screen shots will be implemented in the next post. For a catch up on transfers, league progress, tactics and live coms, I have recently set up a new YouTube channel. On there are a few videos to bring you guys up to speed. I will be running this thread on FM Base simultaneously to the Youtube series; the idea being this written approach is done retrospectively so will be neater and summarised for all those with not too much time on their hands; but can still actually watch the live com matches to see how the team are playing and my immediate reactions. YouTube Link (first video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-n7FIfddnc&t=31s

My Managerial Style
As the username and YouTube channel suggest, I'm going to try to implement and encourage the no nonsense route-one tactic. I'm also going to do my best to encourage an attacking style of play, and look to sign speedy and/or strong players in most positions, with not too much notice to technicals (still need to be decent for the position) and important mentals being determination; work rate; vision; anticipation in roughly that order. For a closer look at how this translates to signings (so far), team line-ups and tactic (including changes mid game), check out the past videos on the new Youtube channel (link in above paragraph and at the end).

My Promises
I have promised a few things to the board, players, and fans since my arrival:

• Play attacking football
  • We will win the Vanarama National
we are currently 1st but only by a couple of points, with Lincoln City FC poised to take our top spot at the first slip up. Their strikers are currently having a storm of a season, with over 30 goals between the two of them (in December).

My Cup Hopes
We are currently enjoying our (massive) underdog status in the FA Cup, forcing a reply out of Doncaster Rovers FC, and if we can pull of a home win we go away to Wigan Athletic in the 3rd Round. It's good fun, but I don't expect to go much further this season.

From previous FM endeavors, I have a soft spot for the FA Trophy, winning it with Scunthorpe (FM15) in the start of what was a tremendous campaign with a charge up into the Premier League (this was mostly to do with an amazing Italian regen signed whilst in the Championship who went on to score over 300 goals for the club). But anyhow, with the Mr. Men (argh, a slip of the tongue) -Minstermen- I do hope to reach the Final at least this season. I feel we are more than capable of that going on our current performances.

Next Update
I hope this post was sufficient to offer a taste into what this current save has to offer, and is offering! Like a say, a little bit more in depth (because you can see the screen) on the YouTube channel (which is brand new so subscribers would be much appreciated for that too). But also in the next update, I'll be sure to use screenshots for some visual info, and that'll come out once everyone is up to speed.

Thanks a lot of reading and feel free to drop a comment on here or on any of the videos.

YouTube Channel: Route One FM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTWJgwQilv7WIPU4eiuK3A

Back