*Beginners guide to Lower League Football

SThompson93

Reaction score
Hi all, i have downloaded one of the databases that allows me to play in the Ryman Leagues etc. and intend to start at this level and take a club as far as i can and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me?

Should i buy young players i can make a profit on?
How do i go about my academy?
Any coaches i should bring in?

Any advice at all is most welcome, thanks in advance!

Young players YES dont get attached to them if a big offer comes in then get rid.
Academy dont worry about that lower down the leagues it wont really produce much talent.
Coaches always look for coaches with as high as possible attributes in... Determination, Level of discipline and Motivation these are the factors which determine how good a coach will be (over say technical attributes alone, I always have these 3 set high as possible depending on the level i manage at)

I would also try to get older players in on frees, then offer them coaching jobs. Having players that have each other as favoured personnel also helps.

thank you....

what about playing style as i prefer to play a short passing game?

also, are affiliations going to be important?

if you can get a parent club they can often give you a fair boost to your finances and some good loan players

thank you....

what about playing style as i prefer to play a short passing game?

also, are affiliations going to be important?

A parent club is essential! I've got Denis Alibec and Bakambu on loan for free from parent clubs! Play a direct passing game with a simple 4-4-2. You can check out my story for tactics I use in LLM.

What do i want to do about training? mainly focus on strength and aerobic?

from personal experiance your forwards should have pace as a primary as lower league defences are typically old and slow

Yeah.. i played through and made it to the Championship with Crawley Town, until my save game deleted itself Argh.
When i started out, i generally went after cheaper, but promising youngsters. I specifically looked for pace/strength and composure. In my opinion those 3 are key factors in getting up and becoming a star, which did happen for most of them. Even now when i begin a new campaign, you can check that out in the stories section, im under QPR, and even with a club like them, i first pick out the guys/youngsters who i think can improve in the future (Taarabt, Buzsacky etc...). I let them do what they need to do, and provide positives for them all the time. If your starting as a club from such a league, then i suggest bringing in any kind of youngsters and seeing how they go. If they do propose intra squad friendlies, then go for it, the reserve team, if it has one, might have a wonderkid in there, you just never know. You need to watch how they perform.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

With training. It depends, for youngsters i suggest the strength and agility.. with the more older players, experienced, go with the strength and probably just focus on their defending/attacking game.

Back