stegibbon3

Reaction score
My Bolton team (5th season in, so pretty much all my own players) over the seasons have an annoying knack of throwing away 2 goal leads. Why is this consistently happening and how do I get them to hang onto leads? :S

Make sure your players are top fit, having tired players after 60-70 minutes is a recipe for disaster when your opponent brings on three fresh attackers. Also keep a backup plan when you go up two goals, by then it's no longer necessary to be gung-ho: sit back, drop deeper and play narrower, let them come to you and try to catch them on the break. They're unlikely to score a lot of goals and when they do attack in numbers they're vulnerable to the counter.

Don't use the same tactic every game for 90 minutes, adapt according to the circumstances.

My suggestion would actually be NOT to play on the break. À standard approach along with retain possession, play more narrow, take à breather and drop deeper would be My suggestion.

Well since this year they've added the option to set up groups of stored touchline instructions, i've set ones up for attacking and defending.

So if you want to hold onto a lead, I suggest setting up shouts of clear ball to flanks, drop deeper, play narrower, retain posession and maybe hassle opponents. Then all you have to do when you're winning is go to instructions -> stored instructions and with one click you have all those set.

If at the same time you switch your strategy to counter/contain you should be able to hold onto leads.

Haha my bad, I just saw it on the side panel of the main page and assumed it would be the demo.

Same applies, but you'll just have to manually add each shout during the match :)

turns out not to be so simple, did a comeback of my own from 2-0 to 3-2, my defender decides to kick the ball into his own net then the same defender's poor marking from a corner loses the game for me. ****** love this game... :S