MadRo

Reaction score
View attachment 296016

My phone shrieked like a banshee, forcing me to leap up out of my bed and smash my head into the low ceiling of my low priced flat. Nursing my head gingerly, I picked up the phone.
'Hello, is that you Mark?'
'Who is this, why are you calling at...' I inspected my watch, 'two o'clock in the morning?'
'Hello Mark, I am Ben Frow and I am the head of channel 5, perhaps you have heard of us?'
'I have,' I said, becoming curious.
'Good, we are about to start a new program looking at one of the biggest companies in Britain: Liverpool Football Club, we have agreed a deal with the owners and Fox to do a documentary about the coming season and the events that will happen at Liverpool, we have been looking for someone to write about the dealings of the club and we have chosen you! Would you be interested?'
My heart leapt, Despite being brought up on the south coast I had long been a fiesty supporter of Liverpool, I had been to both of Benitez's Champions League finals as well as countless other historic matches in my chosen team's history. It took me mere seconds to decide.
'Of course! When would you want me to start?'
'Tommorow, 10am at Anfield, don't be late'

Day One:
View attachment 296022
Brendan Rodgers was a name everyone who was involved in football had become accustomed to over the last 12 months, after leading his Swansea City side into the premier league, he surpassed all expectations by keeping them there, with a win over Liverpool on the last day taking them to 11th in the table. After Kenny Dalglish had left the club Brendan had become the favourite to succeed him. I myself had made a hefty sum by placing my bets at the right places. I was now sat opposite the man who was central to the hopes and aspirations of Liverpool Football Club.
'Are we ready to begin now?' I asked Brendan.
'Of course, sorry you were kept waiting'
'So Brendan, you've already been busy in the transfer market, bringing in the unknowns Wellington Nem and Ole Kristian Selnaes, you told us that you were going to central on youth, but I don't think anyone believed you!'
'Well, I think that you can win anything with kids, they have that drive and determination that is so unique to their age group, and I think that at Liverpool right now we have a great batch of youngsters coming through, the likes of Suso, Sterling, Ibe, Martin Kelly, Jack Robinson and Adam Morgan means that we have a lot of potential in this team, however, it's up to the players to make sure they reach that potential'