Benefit of adjusting budget allowance to favour wages?

loves2spooge

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've not been able to find much information on this and I was wondering if someone here had any information about the benefit of adjusting my transfer/wage budget.
I'm Man Utd, in my third season doing well, so well infact that I have over £30m left of my transfer budget so I've adjusted my budget to dramatically favour wages. Obviously my stringent spending benefits me in terms of the club having confidence in me dealing with wages but my question is, does the money left over from the excess unspent wages benefit the club? Obviously Utd have a lot of debt in the first 5/6 years and at the end of last season I had a loss of about £3m... But I can't see anywhere this extra almost £1m a week is helping!
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks
Spooge

Here are some tips on controlling your finances and increasing your monthly turnovers into profits:

1) Get Feeder clubs overseas for merchandising and marketing...

You should ask for a feeder club `to increase profile in another country`. This is a good way to raise merchandise sales as they help you to build a fan base in another nation.(mainly in Japan, United States or Saudi Arabia) I managed to get 3 feeder clubs for financial benefits and my merchandise sales are 25m up compared to first season and I`m currently in my 3rd season.

2) buy in players from Asia (or even better yet, the country you have your feeder club in)

3) Adjust your wage budget and put all your extra transfer budget into your wage budget (this will earn you interest and when you do need to buy a player, a lot of the time you can just adjust your wage budget at the touch of a button)

4) Be dilligent in offering contacts and bonuses to your players you dont want your main striker scoring 25 goals a season at 44k each

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tharros
Both have their uses. Upfront gives you peace of mind knowing that you wont have to pay anymore in the future or you are not too sure about your financial stability. Paying via installments means you can get more out of your budget, but do so with caution. If you overspend using installments the long term effects can be disastrous.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TommyKae
Assume you have a squad of superstar players with yearly wage increase clauses, high appearance fees, goal bonuses and so forth. While players like Stevie G may be irreplaceable, your players like Cole and Kuyt are not. And they're earning what, 80-100k? That amounts to 640-800k/month.

If you're losing 7m/month, cutting two players like that loose will cut your losses by about 10%. Bring in young prospects - you know which ones are good, you know which ones can cover their positions. They'll probably ask for wages of up to 50k, lower appearance fees, lower goal bonuses etc. You'll really slash your running costs by bringing in the young kids.

You could also have more squad than you can support - so get rid of surplus players. I know it's great to have depth, but you don't need 6 DC's just because 'they're all good', or 'what if someone gets injured?'. I've had that problem - just exercise some discipline in the transfer window and use kids from the youth system to cover up for the guy who's covering for your regular DC. Usually won't last for more than a game or so and it gives the kids some first-team experience, which is always nice - especially if they're hot prospects.

Also, attract fans. A full ground can bring you in a lot of money.The better your results, the greater the attendance. Also, better performances mean more TV revenue. If you build it (an awesome squad), they (people with money) will come. Continental competition also always brings in lots of money - expect merchandise, match day, TV and ticket revenue, as well as prize money, to fatten the account.

Most importantly, though, is to keep your squad bill under check. Take into account how much the club is earning NOW and adjust your squad's wages to meet that figure. No point in counting your chickens before they've hatched, or you could end up like Leeds Utd.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Miller11
This ^

Stop buying players for your first team and concentrate on building your youth team by poaching young talents from other clubs on the cheap.

It relies on having good youth facilities, enough spare cash to poach talent, excellent scouts to find the talent, great coaches to train them and probably good older players to mentor them too.

these are all ways to make money, if you want a really good look at how to make profit, take a read through here
smile.gif

Tips on making a Profit

this was just more for monthly instalments but I thought that Finance needed to be covered as well...

hope this is useful,

Neil

Wow, I appreciate this, thanks a lot...
It's funny I have a feeder club Higashiosaka Rosa, I got hold of them in my first season as I read here that having Asian teams as feeder teams boost finances, since then I've asked the board as often as possible to find other feeder teams and every time they come back saying they haven't found any team suitable, then obviously you can't ask again until the following season or something... A little annoying! I'm hoping I get confidence enough to find my own feeder teams, though I gather it takes a long time for the club to have that much faith in you?
Still I'm still not sure about having all of my remaining transfer budget put into wages... It's almost as if it's not going anywhere, like it's allocated and if it's not used it disappears rather than being retained by the club for general financing?!
Thanks again for all the info :)

it takes around 2 years (sometimes quicker) for the board to allow you to look for a feeder club yourself, it is a bit irritating you have to wait like 6 months for the option to reappear...

putting your transfer budget into wage budget is IMPERITIVE! if you have a plus balance in wages:

1) your board is delighted with your financial control
2) it generates interest

OK... I'll keep plugging away trying to get more feeder teams and to get more money haha

Thanks again for you help man

Back